Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Any Explanation For This?

Silent Trinity

Forgive me if this has been covered at a previous time, but I came across this video today and it left me puzzled.....

For the most part the footage within this Russian Language mysterious countdown is apocryphal but the video clip at the "number 1" spot, about 28 seconds into the video has left me stumped.

I know it isn't definitive proof of extra-terrestrial life and probably not even related to it but I just wondered if anyone had seen this clip elsewhere and had an explanation? I cannot even begin to work out what it is! The translation when turned on says it is a biological creature above a soviet era nuclear facility but I would obviously take that with a pinch of salt... Any ideas ?

• Like 2

My guess would be a balloon.

• Like 4

More Russian Fake News, I suspect. B)

I think I've seen it before, I think it purports to be Secret Classified Footage from the KGB archives, but I'm pretty sure it was decided to be a hoax, but quite a good one.

Edited by Manfred von Dreidecker
  • Like 2

I mean could it be some radio controlled movie prop for example? it just looks like a giant floating deformed chicken....If it is a fake (and I have no argument otherwise)...what the hell were they trying to fake ?! :lol:

• Like 2

On 3/16/2017 at 7:26 PM, coolguy said:

Lots of ufos have crashed in russia  thats for poating

If I were from a civilization that could travel from planet to planet, I don't think I would want my spacecraft crashing at the far end of the run.  When we think of UFO's crashing as they seem to do frequently judging by the reports, we are dealing with WWII era technology and mindset.  Unless you think the pilot is some kind of ET religious fanatic that crashes the ship on purpose.  Hey, that might make a good SF story.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

If I were from a civilization that could travel from planet to planet, I don't think I would want my spacecraft crashing at the far end of the run.  When we think of UFO's crashing as they seem to do frequently judging by the reports, we are dealing with WWII era technology and mindset.  Unless you think the pilot is some kind of ET religious fanatic that crashes the ship on purpose.  Hey, that might make a good SF story.

I don't know; people always say this, but when do most aeroplane crashes happen? on takeoff and landing, And (perhaps) in a completely new environment that you may never have encountered before (gravity, atmospheric conditions etc),  in terrain that you may not have had a chance to reconnoiter beforehand, you might well expect there to be the odd error from time to time. And if (as is a theory I've sometimes nourished) if there are spacecraft from outside this planet, they're most likely to be unmanned craft, they may well expect to lost a few here & there and make allowances for it.

• Like 6

On 3/17/2017 at 7:13 AM, Silent Trinity said:

I mean could it be some radio controlled movie prop for example? it just looks like a giant floating deformed chicken....If it is a fake (and I have no argument otherwise)...what the hell were they trying to fake ?! :lol:

Looks like an added to robot toy thingo

That 'doco' was debunked years back !

On 3/17/2017 at 1:26 PM, coolguy said:

Lots of ufos have crashed in russia  thats for poating

I love the way your posts match your avvie pic so well !    .....  but not so much your tag. 

• Like 4

18 hours ago, back to earth said:

I love the way your posts match your avvie pic so well !    .....  but not so much your tag. 

So...you think you are a wiseguy? Eh?

We forget how wild and woolly the former Soviet Union got after the wheels fell off, but until their oil and gas industry picked up, they were producing anything that would sell, including 'KGB' UFO documentaries.

Edited by PersonFromPorlock
  • Like 1

I really don't know what the hell that thing is but it looks freaky and scary as hell. The face on my avatar is pretty much the reaction seeing that thing. 

I ran into this "complete directory of aliens" booklet in pdf format that was from the soviet days. That was so fake. You have to remember most of the content out there, like 95% plus is fake or just honestly mistaken.

Anyone who's taken more time to investigate, the kgb alien footage of a living grey closing their eyes, you think is real? I'm not sure about that one and haven't delved into it. 

Edited by Area201
  • Like 1

At about the same time as the Soviet Union collapsed, the Vietnamese authorities decided to all freedom of religion, including missionaries.  They came swarming in with all their lies and tricks and weird teachings (as well as a few good ones).  The population was not prepared for this, now aware of its nature, and soon there was a huge popular demand to kick them out.

Now only the "official" religions are granted freedom (most Christian main-stream types, Muslims, Hindus and Buddhists and the native groups such as the Caodai).  None of them are allowed to proselytize too much (a little goes on of course and is winked at by the authorities).  Now they can raise money, build edifices and statues and so on, and preach away as long as it remains inside their edifices (although some also put up signs that are seen from the outside and clearly violate the rules but are tolerated).

I see it as a reasonable and sensible way to protect a naive population that up to then had had a steady diet of atheism.

• Like 1

I particularly liked the helpful red circle around the mystery object, just in case we missed it.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

I particularly liked the helpful red circle around the mystery object, just in case we missed it.

It would be helpful if angels visiting the Earth, saints, gurus, Boddhitsattvas, and the especially holy all were endowed with halos.

Maybe devils and demons and conquering aliens could be endowed with red halos.

• Like 2

On 22/03/2017 at 10:28 PM, PersonFromPorlock said:

We forget how wild and woolly the former Soviet Union got after the wheels fell off, but until their oil and gas industry picked up, they were producing anything that would sell, including 'KGB' UFO documentaries.

I doubt Russia made ufo documentaries to increase the countries wealth, seeing as the belief in UFO/Alien phenomena has been in serious decline for MANY years now

56 minutes ago, seeder said:

I doubt Russia made ufo documentaries to increase the countries wealth, seeing as the belief in UFO/Alien phenomena has been in serious decline for MANY years now

Are you really sure about that?

39 minutes ago, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

Are you really sure about that?

what? Russia making docu's or interest in UFO phenomena declining?

46 minutes ago, seeder said:

what? Russia making docu's or interest in UFO phenomena declining?

The latter assertion.

Mostly all the same inconclusive stuff circulating the web for years. I bet nothing of this is from the KGB archives as claimed.

1. Looks like a huge mutilated animal corpse (a cow may be or an elephant) being lifted by a crane. Or something else lifted by a crane anyway. The light below looks very much like the moon.

2. I remember vaguely that this clip was actually shot for some TV program in the 1990's as a re-enactment of the oral story. The out-of-focus orange light may be just anything: landing lights of a plane moving towards the observer, a glimpse of evening sun breaking through the clouds, etc.

3. Very blurry stuff. Looks to me like a post-mortem inspection of some mutilated human bodies in zinc coffins. All the weird stuff on their chests can easily be their clothing, may be damaged hazmat or fire proximity suits.

4. Certainly a rubber mask, as the face doesn't move at all. There are so many wrinkles on the face, suggesting a lifetime of very lively mimics, but, although the creature looks suffering, not a single muscle contracts. I suspect it's a TV show re-enactment again.

I don't want to translate the narration as it's simply the usual list of unsubstantiated statements.

Edited by Chaldon

2 hours ago, seeder said:

The Voronezh UFO Incident in 1989 tells us that official Soviet interest in UFOs - even if only as a distraction from the troubles wracking the USSR at the time - was still high.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, PersonFromPorlock said:

The Voronezh UFO Incident in 1989 tells us that official Soviet interest in UFOs - even if only as a distraction from the troubles wracking the USSR at the time - was still high.

I was a kid back then but can't remember a news reports on that particular incident, just because there were dozens of similar incidents reported all over the media every year. Every self-respecting newspaper considered it obligatory to write double-page articles about ET visits, poltergeist or some other devilry with huge portraits of aliens acquired using some fabulous cosmic energy auto-printing method. ^_^ Incredible and terrible times those were, as my country and all the society was shaking to the foundations.

Edited by Chaldon
  • Like 1