Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Time Travel

LucidElement

I was watching a few time travel videos on youtube last night. I came across a pretty cool video showing photos that can't be explained. Im sure people have read articles pertaining to the few i'd like to discuss in the video. For example at 4:20 & 4:35 have grabbed my interest. I have seen these a long time ago and forgot about them until I came across it last night. What are your thoughts about a women walking with a cell phone in 1938 (Charlie Chaplin video) clearly when cell phones were not even in exsistance. I think those two pictures/videos they show back to back are very interesting.

The guy with the goggles/glasses and logo t-shirt is interesting as well but that one could be fake. Again, i have read about that picture before.

The swiss watch is another interesting find, and the crazy thing about that is looking at how small the wrist was.

Here is that link:

Then you have time travel stories such as The Man from Taured. (For those who havent read about him, here is a link to him)

http://www.ancient-origins.net/unexplained-phenomena/mysterious-tale-man-taured-evidence-parallel-universes-or-embellishment-005788

Look forward to hearing back from you all and your thoughts.

P.S, i was here for the John Titor scandal lol, let me tell you, things got interesting when people started talking about him on this site in 03' (and he came to light in 01') ... Im sure if you searched the UM Forum Archives you could did those messages up.

Edited by LucidElement

Instead of a video of photos, can you track down the photos? 

I know the photo of the man in the t shirt, part of it is people not realizing how old print shirts are, part of it is old technology being misidentified as new technology. 

• Like 1

She was hiding her face people back then as today don't always like to be photographed. Think about it who would you call with a cell phone when no phone towers or satellites exist? The ring was a finger ring and much of what was in that video was photoshopped.

The Tarud story is an interesting one but did it actually ever happen?

• Like 3

The Chaplin footage is of a woman using a hearing aid.

the hipster is a bit odder, but IIRC people have analysed his clothes and said therexnothing thst wasn't around when the photo was taken.

thr Pteradactyl is photoshopped. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, LucidElement said:

Is there a rule I'm unaware of that anyone writing a fringe article must have failed at least two English classes  before they take up "professional" writing? The prose at the end of that link would shame a medieval town idiot who's given up hope and really let himself go.

--Jaylemurph

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

.thr Pteradactyl is photoshopped. 

I modestly submit my own small contribution to the art:Hansoloist.jpg.f37efb231808c0b0ec52a287e79a1da1.jpg

• Like 4

This is a content aggregation video (the bane of the internet). Folks who make aggregation videos and websites should be punished. This is why it's much harder to find decent websites for information and everything is a list. If you folks ever get mad at me and want to raise my blood pressure send me a link to anything that is a list (top 5 reasons you should ______/top 10 crazy moments/8 of the best recipes, etc,etc). 

HOWEVER, regarding my thoughts on the video, nothing in it is clear even though it is narrated as "Clearly this person is on a cell phone." I can absolutely see why folks would say it looks as though these folks are on a cell but I mean goddamn man even if the cellphone turned on during timetravel how is it gonna connect to a cell tower? Who are you talking to? Surely it's Dick Cheney and his reptilian cohorts? 

Edited by internetperson

59 minutes ago, PersonFromPorlock said:

I modestly submit my own small contribution to the art:Hansoloist.jpg.f37efb231808c0b0ec52a287e79a1da1.jpg

What am i missing there?? 

• Like 5

8 hours ago, ShadowSot said:

Instead of a video of photos, can you track down the photos? 

I know the photo of the man in the t shirt, part of it is people not realizing how old print shirts are, part of it is old technology being misidentified as new technology. 

But no one was wearing goggles and regular tshirts in that photo. No one dressed that casual back in the day . Lol forget about it haha

7 hours ago, Hanslune said:

She was hiding her face people back then as today don't always like to be photographed. Think about it who would you call with a cell phone when no phone towers or satellites exist? The ring was a finger ring and much of what was in that video was photoshopped.

The Tarud story is an interesting one but did it actually ever happen?

Good point about cell towers actually,  ever thought about that.... acts so,e good deep thinking. But if they were a time traveler you think they could be gifted? I guess regardless , they'd have to figure out a service signal... I'll have to further look into that one .

7 hours ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

The Chaplin footage is of a woman using a hearing aid.

the hipster is a bit odder, but IIRC people have analysed his clothes and said therexnothing thst wasn't around when the photo was taken.

thr Pteradactyl is photoshopped. 

What is the pterodactyl.? The long fish thing lol?

how about the watch? Swiss wasn't even invented at the time they say that watch was found... smallest wrist ever lol.

5 hours ago, PersonFromPorlock said:

All right, Mr. Porlock, I admit to being old and slow. I've looked and looked and although I'm certain it's obvious, I can't see anything odd. Even if that is me in the back row farthest right. Wasn't I a cute kid?

While I'm here, I have to say every time I see your screen name I actually see "PersonFromPolak," which makes me think your last name must be something like Czszryckzy. Where I grew up there were a lot of folks of Polish descent. :D

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, LucidElement said:

But no one was wearing goggles and regular tshirts in that photo. No one dressed that casual back in the day . Lol forget about it haha

Yep. No one dressed casual until the hippies took over. Totally.

http://www.snopes.com/photos/supernatural/hipster.asp

Edited by ShadowSot
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, LucidElement said:

Good point about cell towers actually,  ever thought about that.... acts so,e good deep thinking. But if they were a time traveler you think they could be gifted? I guess regardless , they'd have to figure out a service signal... I'll have to further look into that one .

...well you could have a walkie talkie/radio of course.

1 hour ago, LucidElement said:

how about the watch? Swiss wasn't even invented at the time they say that watch was found... smallest wrist ever lol.

You are forgetting that it was called the confederation of Helveti and one of the canton was called Switzer

The name Switzer is from the Alemannic Schwiizer, in origin an inhabitant of Schwyz and its associated territory, one of the Waldstätten cantons which formed the nucleus of the Old Swiss Confederacy. The Swiss began to adopt the name for themselves after the Swabian War of 1499, used alongside the term for "Confederates". The English adjective Swiss is a loan from French Suisse, also in use since the 16th century.

Mechanical watches existed at this time  the watch appears to have been made around 1600

These early clock-watches were not worn to tell the time. The accuracy of their verge and foliot movements was so poor, with errors of perhaps several hours per day, that they were practically useless. They were made as jewelry and novelties for the nobility, valued for their fine ornamentation, unusual shape, or intriguing mechanism, and accurate timekeeping was of very minor importance

People at that time were in sea contract with the Chinese and Jesuits and others were visiting. It is not that unusal to consider the ring watch was taken to China as a novelty/gift.

8 minutes ago, Hanslune said:

...well you could have a walkie talkie/radio of course.

A radio/Walkie talkie would need an antenna, I believe. 

Cheers

Badeskov

Just now, badeskov said:

A radio/Walkie talkie would need an antenna, I believe. 

Cheers

Badeskov

A short one - if you are time travelers you should have fairly advanced technology at least equal to or beyond our present ability.

https://www.amazon.com/Motorola-MH230R-23-Mile-22-Channel-Two-Way/dp/B001UE6MIO

http://www.twowayradiocenter.com/motorola-two-way-radios/?gclid=CLXc5-vu3NICFUlNfgod8csHYA

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hanslune said:

A short one - if you are time travelers you should have fairly advanced technology at least equal to or beyond our present ability.

https://www.amazon.com/Motorola-MH230R-23-Mile-22-Channel-Two-Way/dp/B001UE6MIO

http://www.twowayradiocenter.com/motorola-two-way-radios/?gclid=CLXc5-vu3NICFUlNfgod8csHYA

They don't look like really short ones, but I can't pretend in any way, shape or form to be knowledgeable of any ET technology. Just our own. 

Cheers,

Badeskov 

13 hours ago, kmt_sesh said:

All right, Mr. Porlock, I admit to being old and slow. I've looked and looked and although I'm certain it's obvious, I can't see anything odd. Even if that is me in the back row farthest right. Wasn't I a cute kid?

While I'm here, I have to say every time I see your screen name I actually see "PersonFromPolak," which makes me think your last name must be something like Czszryckzy. Where I grew up there were a lot of folks of Polish descent. :D

Sorry, screwed up and managed to post a lo-res image. Hope this is better:

58cc2275f01a6_Hansoloistcopy.thumb.jpg.0e271ba001942579a39ea6a6a91b4271.jpg

Regarding Polish names, remember that you have to add three vowels before the first one prints!

Actually, my family name also means "puffin" in Norwegian, so I take all those cute 'no smoking' signs personally; I've often wondered if I couldn't sue somebody! :D

Edited by PersonFromPorlock
  • Like 4

12 minutes ago, PersonFromPorlock said:

Sorry, screwed up and managed to post a lo-res image. Hope this is better:

58cc2275f01a6_Hansoloistcopy.thumb.jpg.0e271ba001942579a39ea6a6a91b4271.jpg

Regarding Polish names, remember that you have to add three vowels before the first one prints!

Actually, my family name also means "puffin" in Norwegian, so I take all those cute 'no smoking' signs personally; I've often wondered if I couldn't sue somebody! :D

LOL Okay, I see it now. In the back row. I won't give it away in case others are still looking/

• Like 2

16 hours ago, LucidElement said:

:huh:

Just now, back to earth said:

Well the Doctor can buzz a cellphone to work anywhere in time and space, I guess.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, LucidElement said:

What is the pterodactyl.? The long fish thing lol?

The Swiss got invented later  ?  

Related image

21 hours ago, jaylemurph said:

Is there a rule I'm unaware of that anyone writing a fringe article must have failed at least two English classes  before they take up "professional" writing? The prose at the end of that link would shame a medieval town idiot who's given up hope and really let himself go.

--Jaylemurph

I think the skill in prose is not the only thing lacking  here  . 

Related image

• Like 3