Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mysterious pyramid-shaped tomb, China

seeder

Mysterious pyramid-shaped tomb discovered under Chinese construction site

Experts believe chamber could be burial site thousands-of-years old

A mysterious pyramid-shaped tomb has been uncovered by archaeologists under a construction site in China.

The structure was discovered in a chamber alongside a similar cylinder-shaped coffin in Zhengzhou, Henan Province.

Experts believe the chamber is a burial site, and could hail from the Han Dynasty (202 BC – 220 AD), China’s so-called “golden age”.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/pyramid-tomb-mysterious-china-construction-site-archaeologist-zhengzhou-henan-province-han-dynasty-a7633821.html

• Like 8

Fun find!  Thanks for sharing.

• Like 5

This is very cool! Love it.  Thank you.

• Like 3

Time to quote Will Cuppy again:

The fact is that building a pyramid is fairly easy, aside from the lifting. You just pile up stones in receding layers, placing one layer carefully upon another, and pretty soon you have a pyramid. You can't help it. In other words, it is not in the nature of a pyramid to fall down…

Edited by PersonFromPorlock

2 hours ago, PersonFromPorlock said:

Time to quote Will Cuppy again:

why?

Because there's nothing mysterious about pyramids.

• Like 1

wow this is amazing. Most of the Pyramid-like shape tombs discovered throughout the ancient sites are similar to the tombs of early pharaoh's.

Edited by Sinias Ray
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, PersonFromPorlock said:

Because there's nothing mysterious about pyramids.

In what way? You posted a link about how they are built....but that was never an issue

even kids can build pyramids

language-buildingblocks-2014-300x218.jpg

26 minutes ago, Sinias Ray said:

wow this is amazing. Most of the Pyramid-like shape tombs discovered throughout the ancient sites are similar to the tombs of early pharaoh's.

Is pretty cool but to be honest I expected to see an imposing pyramid structure not the little grave covering that it is. It's a bit deceiving. The title that is.

• Like 1

Got to appreciate a little of what Zhengzhou, Henan Province means in the scheme of all things time and China ...

~

The history of Zhengzhou, a city that is today the provincial capital of Henan Province, China. spans over 10,000 years from its beginnings as a Neolithic settlement to its emergence as a trading port during the final years of the Qing Dynasty.

• Like 2

Great find! 

Although small, it seems to have required more than a nominal degree of labor, maybe indicating some significance.

Perhaps a local leader and family/servants.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, seeder said:

In what way? You posted a link about how they are built....but that was never an issue

even kids can build pyramids

language-buildingblocks-2014-300x218.jpg

@PersonFromPorlock Yes, Seeder I agree, they can, isn't the trick to build them with a somewhat hollow inside and not fail down.  The structural support's the key, correct?  The bigger the pyramid the harder it should be correct?  Seeing the link appears to be gone can someone report it or was it removed?

Pretty cool.  

I think it should do more to emphasize that the pyramid shape is a basic shape than it should in lending credibility to those who say that pyramid shapes all over the Earth proves ancient interaction.

• Like 3

I think the arched tomb is more impressive honestly. The pyramid is just stacked blocks, but the arched tomb would have required a lot more thinking.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, DieChecker said:

I think the arched tomb is more impressive honestly. The pyramid is just stacked blocks, but the arched tomb would have required a lot more thinking.

I like the way you think. I'm pretty sure I was one of those kids—roughly a thousand years ago—who was taught the Romans "invented" the arch in architecture. Are school kids still taught that anywhere?

The Egyptians were building arches long before the Romans even existed, as were others. It's a particularly graceful form.

342133A000000578-0-image-a-4_14631505457

• Like 2

Ah the Romans...  didn't even invent their own gods...  sheesh.

On ‎3‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 9:20 AM, DieChecker said:

If you check out the second link to another story that was posted by Stiff, you'll see this picture:

58d988c4d9dd6_chinapyramidgrave2jpg.jpg.58cab71e2072216ba10c88a69294bd87.jpg

Look at the opening in the cylinder.

I'd bet that this pyramid was built the same way. In other words, not stacked horizontal blocks.

Harte

• Like 4

Just a note :

An arch constructed and an arch cut/corbel out from the walls are two entirely different constructs ...

A brief history walk through of the Arch

An arch is a curved structure that spans a space and may or may not support weight above it.[1] Arch may be synonymous with vault, but a vault may be distinguished as a continuous arch[2] forming a roof. Arches appeared as early as the 2nd millennium BC in Mesopotamian brick architecture,[3] and their systematic use started with the Ancient Romans who were the first to apply the technique to a wide range of structures.

~

A corbel arch (or corbeled / corbelled arch) is an arch-like construction method that uses the architectural technique of corbeling to span a space or void in a structure, such as an entranceway in a wall or as the span of a bridge. A corbel vault uses this technique to support the superstructure of a building's roof.

~

Hmm, still logic in china " triangle" , or said Heaven, Human, Earth you could see as triragram of iching in the 3 strip, earth  are square, heaven are circle or round.

Edited by Daimond25