Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

N.a.s.a

Paul !

Set up your own multi million dollar organisation and start a counter claim.

• Haha 1

What is this?  Link? Story?  Or are you just here for confirmation bias on your gaping generalization?

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Martinbradley said:

Why is it that we allow ourselves to be lied to by this organization that clearly knows information to our being 

And you naturally have some basis for your utterly ridiculous claims, I am so naive to presume?

Do you actually have any idea how NASA works? Or are you just fueling your own ignorance with no urge of actually educating yourself?

• Like 9

Just now, Martinbradley said:

Take it u work for them lol 

Really? Even if someone posting here does work for NASA what difference would that make?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Martinbradley said:

I was joking , clearly there is life out there and there masking it 

Ok, then my point stands. If NASA has evidence of life in the cosmos then showing their evidence would most certainly result in a huge increase in their funding. Hiding such a monumental discovery makes no logical sense at all.

• Like 6

Do you not read the news?  How many earth like planets have been discovered lately?  Have you seen the article that posits that hitherto unexplained strong radio bursts might be an alien propulsion technique?  It is not NASA alone that is capable of observing the universe.  Other nations have programs of their own, and so do universities.

Lily is probably right, if NASA reported on aliens, they would get more funding.  If they ever report on potentially hostile aliens or killer asteroids, they won't be able to spend money as fast as it will come in.

If you are one of those who believe that a "Dark Government"  has been extracting secrets from alien prisoners or ambassadors; well belief is not always amenable to logic.  However if they have it, they have done a pretty good job of keeping it secret or feeding it to us slowly because there does not seem to be any technological knowledge explosion in the last 100 years.  By that I mean new discoveries are built on prior research, sometimes a years long chain of work.  New discoveries while wonderful and sometimes unexpected have antecedents in more mundane work.

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, Martinbradley said:

Take it u work for them lol 

No. But I have done work for NASA, which makes it very obvious that you are making things up. Please do elaborate on where NASA has not been telling the truth. 

• Like 9

26 minutes ago, Lilly said:

Ok, then my point stands. If NASA has evidence of life in the cosmos then showing their evidence would most certainly result in a huge increase in their funding. Hiding such a monumental discovery makes no logical sense at all.

Yeah, one of the "few" overlooked gems.  If NASA had evidence of extra-terrestrial life, they would be all over the map proclaiming it and funding would be raining in. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Martinbradley said:

I was joking , clearly there is life out there and there masking it 

No, you maybe think that ET is watching us and NASA are conspiring to keep this from the public.NASA are keen to admit that there is maybe a lot of life out there.

https://phys.org/news/2015-04-nasa-alien-life-years.html

Edited by A rather obscure Bassoon
  • Like 1

Good thing theres the Exceptionally Straights Answers agency in Europe and... JAXA. Sorry, can't come up with a fun acronym there.

Edited by ShadowSot
  • Like 4

I stand by something I said previoisly on a similar thread. Based on the scientists I know any attempt to cover up alien life, even microbes, would be put off maybe a day before being broken at the nearest pub by the researchers getting throughly wasted and probably with lots of euphemisms about probes and crevasses.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, ShadowSot said:

Good thing theres the Exceptionally Straights Answers agency in Europe and... JAXA. Sorry, can't come up with a fun acronym there.

OK, conceeded. JAXA is a bit hard to find an acronym for (I actually took the time).

Cheers,

Badeskov

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ShadowSot said:

I stand by something I said previoisly on a similar thread. Based on the scientists I know any attempt to cover up alien life, even microbes, would be put off maybe a day before being broken at the nearest pub by the researchers getting throughly wasted and probably with lots of euphemisms about probes and crevasses.

Having been a scientist, I can say with high confidence that a discovery of this magnitude probably wouldn't even make it to the pub before being revealed.

cheers,

Badeskov

• Like 5

1 minute ago, badeskov said:

Having been a scientist, I can say with high confidence that a discovery of this magnitude probably wouldn't even make it to the pub before being revealed.

cheers,

Badeskov

Which is why I said maybe a day. If they can hold out a day, it breaks down at the pub. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, ShadowSot said:

Which is why I said maybe a day. If they can hold out a day, it breaks down at the pub. 

True, gotcha! That said, I have never understood these conspiracy theories.  Scientists talk, they can't help it. That is what they do. 

Cheers,

Badeskov

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, badeskov said:

True, gotcha! That said, I have never understood these conspiracy theories.  Scientists talk, they can't help it. That is what they do. 

Cheers,

Badeskov

I've never known one to not tell you in more detail than you wanted to know (looking at you, biologists) about whatever their speciality is and recent findings. 

Worse than Star Trek fans, the lot.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, ShadowSot said:

I've never known one to not tell you in more detail than you wanted to know (looking at you, biologists) about whatever their speciality is and recent findings. 

Worse than Star Trek fans, the lot.

Admittedly, we are b*****s in that respect. 

Cheers,

Badeskov

Sounds like you want the truth to be your "truth".

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Lilly said:

What I find particularly interesting about those who claim NASA is hiding stuff and/or fibbing to us is: If they (NASA) had evidence of ET or something of great cosmic importance then telling us 'all about it' would result in their getting far, far more tax dollars.

The NASA is hiding stuff and lying hypothesis makes no sense at all.

The problem with alien bacteria is that bacteria on earth are often so alien it would take awhile to be sure. Other evidence of ET would probably be ignored for the most part as unless it is really extraordinary (i.e., the equivalent of a White House landing), the claim is so extraordinary that most "evidence" is not enough and NASA types are not going to ruin their reputations when it is far more likely the evidence leads nowhere -- it is on the same level as evidence of Sasquatch and various lake monsters and ghosts and angels and mental phenomena.  These areas are so fraught with frauds, delusionals, pranksters, profiteers and wishful unskeptical thinkers that their study is contaminated.

Signals from outer space are a good example.  Several times people have gotten excited over them, only to find out they are mundane although newly discovered natural phenomena (good for astronomers but not for people wanting aliens). 

14 hours ago, badeskov said:

No. But I have done work for NASA, which makes it very obvious that you are making things up. Please do elaborate on where NASA has not been telling the truth. 

Making coffee, badeskov isn't exactly sub-contracting now is it? 

• The topic was locked