Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Croc bites teen 'dared' to jump into river

Still Waters

A teenager attacked by a crocodile after jumping into a north Queensland river on a dare from friends is lucky to still have his arm, paramedics say.

Innisfail's Lee de Paauw was grabbed on the left arm by a crocodile as he was climbing out of the Johnstone River on Fitzgerald Esplanade about 2:30am on Saturday.

The 18-year-old managed to punch it with his right arm and escape.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-03-19/crocodile-attack-teenager-bitten-arm-far-north-queensland/8367258

• Like 3

Nature will friggin' kill ya.

• Like 2

I put the blame squarely on the parents for raising such a stupid and gullible child. No excuse for such stupidity regardless of age or gender.

However I am not totally cold-hearted and I really am glad to hear he escaped with his limbs still intact.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, RabidMongoose said:

And the winner of this years Darwin award is......

Actually to receive the award you have to die first.

• Like 6

Glad the boy is okay, and I hope this shows him just how stupid his actions were.  Messing with a wild animal is never okay.  

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, tcgram said:

Glad the boy is okay, and I hope this shows him just how stupid his actions were.  Messing with a wild animal is never okay.  

I hope this shows him he needs different friends.  They are idiots, too

• Like 5

He'll think twice doing that again. 

• Like 1

He is lucky to not have been deathrolled by the croc. Punching back will give him a tale to tell for a long time. Not many would have done that.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, I hide behind words said:

He is lucky to not have been deathrolled by the croc. Punching back will give him a tale to tell for a long time. Not many would have done that.

Mick Fanning

• Like 1

Well he's showing no remorse whatsoever. You'll need to scroll down the article page to see him -

A teenager who nearly had his arm ripped off by a crocodile, says he'd jump in the water all over again

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2017/mar/20/katters-australia-party-push-to-legalise-crocodile-hunting-after-queensland-attacks