Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Religion

Paul !

3 hours ago, XenoFish said:

The problem with religion is what it does. It puts people into "boxes". Labels them, creates an us vs. them mentality sometimes. Religions tend to amplify certain qualities with people. Like a good nature or a bad one. Because of this and the pack mentality religions tend to generate you get things like terrorist group fueled by religious fervor. On the other end of the spectrum you get charity organizations. Sure they are mildly pushing their faith, but at least it's doing good. As I've said before I have no problem with whatever you choose to believe on a spiritual level, I care about what you do because of it. I also find (my perspective) that those who are not strict adherents to their brand of faith are the most human. They do not become a thing, instead the thing is just a part of their life. Like a lobby. I do not know if anything god like exist or not, no one knows and no religion knows. A simple faith I feel would be the best faith. Do good because you can, treat other as you'd wish to be treated, and trust that no matter how bad it gets it always works out. You've gotta ride the wave sometimes and it's always rough. I think it's perseverance.

I don't think you can get any better than this. :) 

• Like 3

On 7/9/2017 at 6:28 AM, XenoFish said:

Depends on who's god we're talking about. Some religions have god's that are not worth the worship. But if the higher ideal is peace within yourself and peace with others, what more work is needed?

Its just that it is hard for me to wrap my head around and reconcile with the idea of god or gods 'belonging' to anyone or anything ...

Welcome back old fella ... :tu:

~

• Like 3

1 hour ago, third_eye said:
On 7/8/2017 at 6:28 PM, XenoFish said:

Depends on who's god we're talking about. Some religions have god's that are not worth the worship. But if the higher ideal is peace within yourself and peace with others, what more work is needed?

Its just that it is hard for me to wrap my head around and reconcile with the idea of god or gods 'belonging' to anyone or anything ...

Welcome back old fella ... :tu:

Here! Here! 

My boy! My pride and joy!!! :wub:  :blush:  

• Like 3

Religion has and always will be imbedded into humanity. So lets just throw that aside. Now lets talk about violence. Violence in nature and in humanity is actually the norm. It wont end now and it wont end in the future either. Having no war would actually be abnormal. Therefore, religion isn't the problem, but humanity. If people aren't killing each other over religion, it's over race, or wealth, or some other stupid thing. Then again, I wouldn't even say humans are the real problem, but that they do cause violence which is considered normal. Understand?

Edited by Trenix
  • Like 1

Well Religion,s from my study's they are all linked, war is the basis of the greed of mankind to make more money, as long as we have war there will be debt and we will have to pay the central banks.

• 4 weeks later...

Religion is NOT the cause of all wars.

It may be used as an excuse, to garner support from hateful, greedy and narrow minded individuals, but that responcibility remains at the door of those persons, NOT religion.

We could make the analogy with science. Do we blame science itsel for the bad work of corrupted, money grubbing, egotistical individuals?

Religion in its truest sense is just an organised coming together. If Spirituality is ones own connection with God, then religion is a group of like minded folk supporting each other upon their Spiritual Quest. the fact that some men have used this super powerful message for nefarious gains is neither religions fault nor Gods.

In this day and age, with all the many problems we face, we most stop looking to blame outside influence, as strong and as powerful as they may seem, and start to take responsibility for our own actions. We may blame the Church or money, or something else, but money for example is just a piece of paper, it does NOT make bad decisions, that would be us with our free will and ignorant assumptions.

Religion and Science used to be one and the same thing. The Natural Sciences explaining our physical plane and therefore our mental and spiritual planes too. As above; so below. As below; so above.

• Like 4

It's not spirituality, but dogma that causes the trouble. So yeah, religion. And you can be religious/dogmatic about all kinds of things. 

It's that whole I'm so sure I'm right and you're wrong that I hate you thing that happens with dogma.

• Like 3