Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Claire.

What's Behind Phantom Cellphone Buzzes?

5 posts in this topic

What's Behind Phantom Cellphone Buzzes?

Have you ever experienced a phantom phone call or text? You're convinced that you felt your phone vibrate in your pocket, or that you heard your ring tone. But when you check your phone, no one actually tried to get in touch with you.

You then might plausibly wonder: "Is my phone acting up, or is it me?"

Well, it's probably you, and it could be a sign of just how attached you've become to your phone.

Read more: Live Science

1 person likes this

Well, not exactly, but that reminds me. A couple of weeks ago my phone rang at 3:30AM...3 times! Of course I didn't get up to answer it. It was from our area code and prefix.

In the morning I got a terse text from that number: "Who is this??" it read. I was still fuming from the middle of the night disturbance and I texted back "I don't know I can't see you!" Followed by some choice words that an old sailor might say. I got a similar text back and blocked that number! Grrrrrrr :lol:  Apparently they got the same calls.

1 person likes this

More interesting are phantom voicemails that disappear from your call list after you listen to them. 

<  ringtone >  BTE ; " Hello"

<Indian accent > : "Hello ... is this the owner of this phone ?"

'What ? ... What sort of a question is that ?"

" I need to  contact the owner of this phone, they have won a prize. "

" What is the name of the person you want ?"

" Oh, we dont know the name, we just give prizes out to phone numbers, but we need to know the name to send the prize. So, first of all, are you the owner of this phone."

"No. "

"Then why are you on this phone ?"

"Ohhh ... I am at a party, the phone was on a table and rang, so I answered it. "  ( abso BS ) 

' Can you please  put the owner of the phone on. "

" I will see if I can find him . "

... waits ten minutes, ... in a  different voice ,  did what I did above .... I did this 4 times ... 4 times !  .. and the guy persisted !

so I hung up on him 

< ringtone > ... yep its him again, this went on for 40 mins ( with the phone on speaker, visitors were cracking up .  I told the guy soooo much BS ... but he just kept up .   I even told him I was  Mel Gibson at one point and it was my phone. and I had a gift for him ! What is your name ... he goes  ' Russell Crowe '  ( I give him a point for that ! :) ) 

" Russel ... mate !  Look I knew your last film was **** but I didnt expect you would end up in an Indian call centre !  " 

1 person likes this

Cthulhu?