Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Face recognition used to ration loo roll

Still Waters

A park in Beijing has installed toilet paper dispensers with facial recognition to stop visitors from taking too much loo roll, media reports say.

Machines at the Temple of Heaven park scan visitors' faces before dispensing a fixed length strip of paper.

The tourist attraction is reportedly frequented by visitors who take large amounts of loo roll home.

It has reignited debate over the lack of social graces among some Chinese.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-39324431

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Eldorado said:

That should read fecal recognition.  "No more no.2 for you, no.2"

I was thinking more along the lines of "butt recognition" software - but that works too!...

• Like 5

They're lucky....the answer by local councils in the UK to the cost of public toilets in public parks is just to close them.

• Like 3

But surely the face recognition equipment will cost a helluva lot more than a few extra toilet rolls? I smell a rat ...... that equipment has been installed for another reason! :ph34r:

The park near my house has plenty of tp, but they aren't on rolls like you'd expect at home where it unrolls everything nice and smooth. The tp rolls are slid onto a stationary piece of metal and you have to sort of physically do the unwinding yourself. Not sure if I explained it right.