Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Characteristics of Corporate Psychopaths

Kismit

Dr. Robert Hare states that a portion of the PCL-R (Psychopathy Checklist-Revised), which was created to detect violent criminal psychopaths, also identifies corporate psychopaths, (Boddy, 7).  According to Dr. Hare, corporate psychopaths are glib, superficially charming, have a grandiose sense of self-worth, are pathological liars, conning, manipulative, lack remorse, are emotionally shallow, callous, lack empathy, and fail to take responsibility for their actions, (39).  He believes that criminal and anti-social definitions of psychopathy are inappropriate for corporate psychopaths so a revised definition should be used to detect them.

I was catching up on some psychology videos when I came across the term Industrial psychopath. Until now, I had not ever considered the issue of psychopathology on our economic structures, in our business' and our banking systems.

Well worth reading this article and thinking about how our everyday lives may be affected by Industrial psychopaths. 

link

• Like 7

Lol. I was thinking about just how many of these people may be in charge at a top level. And thinking more along the lines of the recent banking crisis.

Where almost nobody was held accountable and the top brass didn't seem to want to take responsibility.

It's frightening to think people with no empathy for the damage they can do have put themselves in positions of power for powers sake.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Lilly said:

Funny, that description sounds just like politicians...just sayin'.

Yeah. I was thinking people would try to link this to Trump, not just everyday politicians.

The really sad thing is that I think it would apply to any human being in a position of power. It probably has little to do with politics and everything to do with people who think they can get away with crimes, due to their belief they are 'untouchable'. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Kismit said:

Lol. I was thinking about just how many of these people may be in charge at a top level. And thinking more along the lines of the recent banking crisis.

Where almost nobody was held accountable and the top brass didn't seem to want to take responsibility.

It's frightening to think people with no empathy for the damage they can do have put themselves in positions of power for powers sake.

Fun fact: not only were they not prosecuted, two of the top bankers from Goldman Sachs are now Trump's top advisers. Madness.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Fun fact: not only were they not prosecuted, two of the top bankers from Goldman Sachs are now Trump's top advisers. Madness.

Bing a ding a ling !

~
post-of-the-week-e1352139111505-300x226.

~

• Like 2

If they have no empathy for me, then I have no empathy for them. Off with their heads!