Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Any LaVey Fans Here?

Vallis Daemonum

On 8/15/2017 at 7:02 PM, XenoFish said:

The only thing I believe is that you should do whatever prevents you from killing yourself. Hopefully it's constructive. 

Workable philosophy - not bad!  If I were to be so bold as to offer a minor tweek to it, it would be something like "Do whatever prevents you from killing yourself - as long as it's not killing others.  Lol.  

Edited by Guyver

On 5/25/2017 at 9:57 PM, Matterundermind said:

The 11 Satanic Rules of the Earth:

1. Do not give opinions or advice unless you are asked.
  2. Do not tell your troubles to others unless you are sure they want to hear them.
  3. When in another's lair, show them respect or else do not go there.
  4. If a guest in your lair annoys you, treat them cruelly and without mercy.
  5. Do not make sexual advances unless you are given the mating signal.
  6. Do not take that which does not belong to you unless it is a burden to the other person and they cry out to be relieved.
  7. Acknowledge the power of magic if you have employed it successfully to obtain your desires. If you deny the power of magic after having called upon it with success, you will lose all you have obtained.
  8. Do not complain about anything to which you need not subject yourself.
  9. Do not harm little children.
  10. Do not kill non-human animals unless you are attacked or for your food.
  11. When walking in open territory, bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them

http://www.churchofsatan.com/eleven-rules-of-earth.php

It was worth reading this thread, IMO, if for nothing more than this post and the one following it.  I'm no Satanist, nor do I know anything about it except for what's in this thread, but some of these rules seem quite sensible.  In fact, generally speaking....they seem wise.  The last one....bother no one, if someone bothers you and won't stop, destroy them.  Lol.  Did laugh out loud on that one just a touch.  Pretty funny.  I guess I think it's funny because it's a bit over the top....and certainly doesn't fly well in today's modern (politically correct) world.  

I guess the workable solution would be....destroy them verbally....and if that doesn't work, then get physical if need be.  Personally, I wouldn't.  Though skillful in fighting arts, I've never had to use them outside of training, and I wouldn't use them unless provoked physically or in defense of another human or animal who needed defending.  

• Like 1

On 5/25/2017 at 10:00 PM, Matterundermind said:

The Nine Satanic Sins

1. Stupidity
  2. Pretentiousness
  3. Solipsism
  4. Self-deceit
  5. Herd Conformity
  6. Lack of Perspective
  7. Forgetfulness of Past Orthodoxies
  8. Counterproductive Pride
  9. Lack of Aesthetics

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/LaVeyan_Satanism

I like this post because of it's informative nature.  Nevermind the irony of there being Satanic Sins.....but...having said that, yeah....makes sense.  Again, I see nothing but wisdom in most of these.  Not sure of the meaning of number nine, given my frame of reference for the term aesthetics.....but I do see value in the rest; some more than others.  

A question for the Satanists.  If you enter the lair of your friend, and someone is bothersome, what action do you take?

PS.  Assume the lair owner is too weak to take action.