Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Looking for local legends

Vallis Daemonum

Any Urban Legends from Columbus, Ohio or the surrounding area?

• Like 1

I remember the Lizard/Frog man from that area that was a big deal in the 70's (yes I'm that old).

Oh and something about an orphanage and the Ohio state prison Reformatory but that's all I can recall from my addle-pated brain. 

Edited by Totah Dine
  • Like 1

Welcome to UM Vallis :st Please, take time to read the site rules, check out some threads... and enjoy your time here on UM :tu:

As to your topic... There does not really seem to be much for UL's in the area. Lizard/Frog man, a couple of bridges and a false Axeman story... Not much else. There's a goodly handful of ghost legends in the area, a bunch of places reputed to be haunted. Guess that area is just more ghost heavy than UL active.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The Haunted Ohio series by Chris Woodyard may have what you're looking for. Last I was aware there were 5 or 6 in the series. Good reads.

On 3/22/2017 at 1:55 AM, Vallis Daemonum said:

I believe there a couple of dogman sightings from that area. http://dogmanencounters.com/ohio-encounters/  https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=186_7hq4gxioA6hHZLmaWpCJWCng&hl=en_US&ll=39.54272994926795%2C-80.7898432775686&z=7 

And of course you also have the Ohio Grassman and some cool old stories from Wright Patterson AFB as well. 

On 3/22/2017 at 1:55 AM, Vallis Daemonum said:

Heres a link to some urban legends about Wright Patterson 6 urban legends about Wright-Patterson Air Force Base 

Hangar 18