Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Westminster Terror attack, shootings

seeder

OK this has been breaking news for a while now, police say they are treating it as a Terror attack until they know more

Cop stabbed, assailant shot, and car that rammed pedestrians on Westminster bridge

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, seeder said:

OK this has been breaking news for a while now, police say they are treating it as a Terror attack until they know more

Cop stabbed, assailant shot, and car that rammed pedestrians on Westminster bridge

I am following this now on TV.

WTH is going on?

Edited by .ZZ.
  • Like 2

Just now, .ZZ. said:

I am following this now on TV.

me too, quite gripping news..

wonder if it wil turn out to be real terrorists rather than just some drunk a-hole

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Lilly said:

How very terrible. :(

Lilly the BBC link is LIVE.... if you cant get it where you are

here it is again

• Like 2

Ha....the BBC said "Donald Trump has been briefed"....

SO WHAT?

gggrrr to bbc for that!

• Like 4

David Lidington, a member of the Conservative government, said the Parliament complex was in lockdown.

He said there were reports of further violent incidents nearby, and police said they have been called to a firearms incident on nearby Westminster Bridge.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/london-shooting-1.4035964

• Like 2

What we know so far

•  A policeman has been stabbed and his attacker shot by officers at the House of Parliament
  • Police are treating it as a "terrorist incident"
  • The attacker is reported to have mowed down several pedestrians as he drove a grey Hyundai car across Westminster Bridge before crashing it into railings
  • He is then reported to have run through the gates of the Palace of Westminster and stabbed the officer
  •  Eyewitnesses said he was shot by police as he approached a second officer clutching his knife
  • Like 4

19 minutes ago, seeder said:

me too, quite gripping news..

wonder if it wil turn out to be real terrorists rather than just some drunk a-hole

My thoughts too. I've just come home from work and seen this. I'm very sickened and angry. 

• Like 2

Some of the injures are described as being cataclysmic by a medic at the hospital. I hope they're survivable. And that the PC and the other ten innocent people going about their business make full recoveries. Although, one report talked of a body in the water. 

One woman dead. Just broken. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, oldrover said:

My thoughts too. I've just come home from work and seen this. I'm very sickened and angry. 

Indeed...

The TV news is piecing it together better now.. but so far NO reports on the ID or nationality of the stabber/terrorist/s

• Like 2

Both CNN and Fox are carrying a live feed of this incident. Does look like it was either a crazy person or a terrorist (not that terrorists aren't crazy too). So awful, someone has died and other deaths may follow.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, seeder said:

SO WHAT?

gggrrr to bbc for that!

My reaction as well. What's next? Make up some c*** and bull story and Tweet it?

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, seeder said:

SO WHAT?

gggrrr to bbc for that!

Exactly who cares? 

• Like 2

One of the things you wont hear on the news is... an event like this means automatic deployment of our feared SAS troops

They will be there.... somewhere...most likely in plain clothes...  but you wont spot them... unless youre a terrorist, in that case they will be the last faces you ever see

• Like 3

Just now, Herr Falukorv said:

Exactly who cares? 

and ...whats he gonna do anyway? The Brits can take care of themselves...

• Like 2

What I can never get over is that some poor sod caught up in their own little world, what's for tea, where's the money for that going to come from, did so and so mean this or that, is now suddenly dead as if they never mattered at all just because of some ****'* self centered delusion that they or whatever **** was in their head was the only thing that mattered.. 

I hope they shot him in the stomach, and I hope he screams all the way down. 

Edited by oldrover
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, seeder said:

One of the things you wont hear on the news is... an event like this means automatic deployment of our feared SAS troops

They will be there.... somewhere...most likely in plain clothes...  but you wont spot them... unless youre a terrorist, in that case they will be the last faces you ever see

The SAS deploy in plain clothes? I would have thought that MI5 or Special Branch would handle that sort of thing.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, seeder said:

So how are they likely to be able to prevent someone suddenly taking out a knife and stabbing someone or suddenly swerving a car onto a pavement? Pre-emptively open fire on anyone who they think might look fanatical enough, just in case?

Edited by Manfred von Dreidecker
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

The SAS deploy in plain clothes? I would have thought that MI5 or Special Branch would handle that sort of thing.

These guys look like they wear common clothes

_95271611_armed_police_epa.jpg

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

So how are they likely to be able to prevent someone suddenly taking out a knife and stabbing someone or suddenly swerving a car onto a pavement? Pre-emptively open fire on anyone who they think might look fanatical enough, just in case?

Come on man.... we have the majority of UK cops unarmed, then we have armed cops but only to deal with criminals who are armed.....and then we have anti terror cops who will shoot to kill.....and then the SAS..... who no bad guy ever wants to meet

Of course they are not mind readers...... but the govt building and staff.... plus the Queens residence..... are the highest of terrorists targets, and therefore have the strongest forms of protection

You can guarantee.... the SAS are there in such incidents...

*snip*

Edited by Saru
Removed flame

2 minutes ago, Herr Falukorv said:

_95271611_armed_police_epa.jpg

Any idea who they are?

• Like 1

It's scary to think of the damage this guy could have done if he had access to firearms.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Herr Falukorv said:

One thing people forget about the SAS is....they infiltrated the IRA terrorists......

they couldnt have done that in army uniform and boots....

Ive no doubt SAS dress in combat greens or blacks....WHEN its needed....

But Royal and Govt protection forces....can be plain clothed... and the SAS have more effect when no-one knows who the hell they are

Which is how they infiltrated the IRA....or other terror groups. Their role is to sometimes be the 'grey man'..... ie: someone who doesn't stick out or bring attention to themselves.....

UNLESS.... its a full on assault.... in which case..... as with the Libyan Embassy....you see them like this

sas-iranian-embassy-seige-007.jpg

• Like 2