Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Giant chicken is freaking out the internet

Still Waters

Early Sunday morning, when most of the Internet was taking a break from their obsession with the NCAA men's basketball tournament, they were likely having nightmares about a giant chicken. It started on Twitter, when a user with the handle @LifesBook_Ceo shared this clip:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/talkingtech/2017/03/20/internet-freaking-out-over-giant-brahma-chicken/99402222/

• Like 1

They're evolving. 

• Like 2

Clucktaurius demands blood be spilt upon his alter of corn kernels and insect larva. 

• Like 4

It looks especially big because it's fluffy. Some breeds of chickens can get fairly large...this is one of them.

Here's an info link: https://livestockconservancy.org/index.php/heritage/internal/brahma

...The breed is easy to contain, not being able to fly low fences very easily. They also stand confinement extremely well – having calm and docile personalities. Like the Cochins, Brahmas are not wide ranging fowl or as active in scratching as the Mediterranean breeds. The Brahma is an ideal fowl for northern climates. It was popularly known as the least susceptible chicken to cold and exposure – owing this strength to its pea comb and tight feathering with down through all sections. It is not an ideal fowl for southern climates.

• Like 2

OMG! Thats one big chicken! Unless the chicken is normal sized and everything else is abnormally small ( hopefully).:D

• Like 1

It's the end! It's the end! The chickens are reverting back to their ancestors. Soon the chickens will revolt and war will begin! :o

Edited by MysteryMike
  • Like 2

Read my link, the big chickens have "calm and docile personalities" . They're more like Big Bird, not like Raptors.

• Like 1

Any good chicken farmer has a some of these and Guinea chickens along the regular chickens everyone commonly sees. The Guinea chickens are great watchdogs.  They're ugly but they let you know if something is right in the chicken coop region. Even the roosters stay clear of them.

• Like 1

So basically it's a chicken the size of a turkey.I don't see what a big deal it is.And if you do a little research you will find that, They have been around for hundreds of years and are quite common.

19 hours ago, Lilly said:

It looks especially big because it's fluffy. Some breeds of chickens can get fairly large...this is one of them.

Here's an info link: https://livestockconservancy.org/index.php/heritage/internal/brahma

" Not being able to fly low fences very easily ," I think that chicken could just crush a fence if he wanted out badly enough. I keep thinking of Godzilla in Tokyo every time I look at this video.

56 minutes ago, Future ghost said:

.... I keep thinking of Godzilla in Tokyo every time I look at this video.

Birdzilla vs Mothra!

World's largest moth:

• Like 2

Just now, Lilly said:

Birdzilla vs Mothra!

World's largest moth:

What a cool moth! I've seen ones that are about as big,and green. I think they're called Luna moths. Anyway, let the battle begin!

Id have liked more wit in the title

• Like 1

Where's Peter? 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, eddword said:

So basically it's a chicken the size of a turkey.I don't see what a big deal it is.And if you do a little research you will find that, They have been around for hundreds of years and are quite common.

This is true,but it doesn't make the bird any less impressive, especially when you own Bantams.

2 hours ago, Oniomancer said:

Does It wear a disguise to look like human guys?.

"but you're not a man you're a Chicken-Boo"

Loved that show..heh-heh-heh.....

I couldn't play the video but I seen it on the tail end of a news show. A huge chicken but am not sure it is entirely real.

Do you remember the story about Chicken Lickin, Turkey Lurky etc warning "Look out, look out, the sky's falling down", well I guess that's because this fat chick sat on the sky!

Edited by EBE Hybrid

22 hours ago, paperdyer said:

Any good chicken farmer has a some of these and Guinea chickens along the regular chickens everyone commonly sees. The Guinea chickens are great watchdogs.  They're ugly but they let you know if something is right in the chicken coop region. Even the roosters stay clear of them.

I got rid of my guineas.   They terrorize the chickens.   Chickens wouldn't lay eggs.  They are hard to catch too.   I had to shoot them. 

21 hours ago, Lucas Cooper Merrin said:

Id have liked more wit in the title

Do you mean something like "what the cluck is that?! " Sorry, I just had to.

• Like 3