Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Wolf Spiders Have Personality and Charisma

Claire.

Biologists say wolf spiders have a wider range of personality than once believed.

Charming might not be the best way to describe a spider, but researchers at the University of Cincinnati are finding a wide spectrum of personality in a creature whose behavior was thought to be inflexible and hardwired in its genes.

UC biology professor George Uetz has dedicated his career to the study of spiders, wolf spiders in particular. Spiders are simpler in neurophysiology than mice or other vertebrates, so their behavior should be determined more by DNA than any quirkiness among individuals.

But Uetz said spiders have more charisma than he ever imagined.

Read more: Phys.org

• Like 4

i love spiders and this is possibly my favorite article of all time

• Like 2

Having seen a 'live' mating session like the researchers describe in the link in op

yeah.. i am willing to be an arachnaphobe... maybe not thousands of spiders

side note.. daddy longlegs spiders are very venomous.. yet they cannot pierce human skin.. and some say if you squish a spider it'll rain...

schizorosa ocreata rule!

• Like 1

'Spiders have personality and charisma' ........ well, DUR!!! :rolleyes: Biologists have only just noticed that? Shame on them. Spiders are definitely in my top three favourite creatures, mainly because of their charming ways and sense of fun! :D 

• Like 4

They really are quite the jokesters. They especially like jumping out at me or running across the floor as I'm in the basement. I'm sure they think it's hysterical making me jump out of my skin. 

• Like 5