Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Sleepwalker found looking for melon in store

Still Waters

A sleepwalking woman was found wandering around an Asda store at 2.30am looking for a watermelon.

Police were called after the 23-year-old was spotted in the Garthdee supermarket in Aberdeen in the early hours of Thursday.

Officers helped the bare-footed woman - who was wearing only a nightdress - to return home, said to be about a mile and half walk away.

She said she had earlier visited a nearby Boots and a Currys store during her sleepwalk.

https://stv.tv/news/north/1383910-sleepwalker-found-looking-for-melon-in-asda-at-2-30am/

• Like 4

The sleep drug Ambian supposedly can cause this, even resulting in "sleep driving."

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sundew said:

The sleep drug Ambian supposedly can cause this, even resulting in "sleep driving."

That's friggin freaky.  

12 hours ago, Sundew said:

One of my co-workers was on this fir a time.  She said her husband and boys would tell her she'd say and do very strange things that she'd have no  memory of.

My wife has te same problem, but she's not on anything for sleeping.

12 hours ago, paperdyer said:

One of my co-workers was on this fir a time.  She said her husband and boys would tell her she'd say and do very strange things that she'd have no  memory of.

My wife has te same problem, but she's not on anything for sleeping.

I took some (time release, which was a mistake) on a long plane flight and apparently had a long conversation with someone on the airport tram I have no memory of. Non-time release Amibian will knock me out for almost exactly three hours with no unpleasant side effects, great for cross country flights.