Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ex Russian Lawmaker Gunned Down

OverSword

Former Russian lawmaker Denis Voronenkov was gunned down Thursday in broad daylight outside a hotel in Kiev in what the Ukrainian president is calling “an act of state terrorism” carried out by Russia. Voronenkov was a key witness in a treason case against former Ukrainian president Viktor Yanukovych.

According to police, the assailant died in the hospital shortly after being shot in the head and chest by one of Voronenkov’s bodyguards. The killer’s identity has not yet been released, but the Ukrainian president said the shooting “clearly shows the handwriting of Russian special services shown repeatedly in various European capitals in the past.”

Denis Voronenkov had fled to the Ukraine with his wife, renouncing his Russian citizenship due to persecution by Russian security agencies. Granted Ukrainian citizenship, he agreed to help authorities build a treason case against Yanukovych, who had been voted out of office in 2014 amid massive civil unrest. According to Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko:

Link

• Like 4

IDK why but this paragraph made my inner conspiracy theorist perk up: 

According to police, the assailant died in the hospital shortly after being shot in the head and chest by one of Voronenkov’s bodyguards. The killer’s identity has not yet been released, but the Ukrainian president said the shooting “clearly shows the handwriting of Russian special services shown repeatedly in various European capitals in the past.”

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

IDK why but this paragraph made my inner conspiracy theorist perk up: 

According to police, the assailant died in the hospital shortly after being shot in the head and chest by one of Voronenkov’s bodyguards. The killer’s identity has not yet been released, but the Ukrainian president said the shooting “clearly shows the handwriting of Russian special services shown repeatedly in various European capitals in the past.”

Putin has a long and well documented history of political assassinations. He basically just kills the opposition and strangely his people largely still love him. Must be all those topless photoshoots.

• Like 2

Just now, ExpandMyMind said:

Putin has a long and well documented history of political assassinations. He basically just kills the opposition and strangely his people largely still love him. Must be all those topless photoshoots.

Oh i know and I certainly am not in the putin is a great guy crowd but I trust him probably as much as I do  the US's own alphabet agencies. Dead assassins make the best patsies , not that I necessarily believe thats the case, just made my ears perk up a tiny bit. 

• Like 2

deadlocked, tied down hand affirmed strategies to draw out the next suit ... 

I believe that a great number of the city dwelling youth want progress and pride returned to their nation.  They recognize his abuses and recognize their impotence to truly stop it.  I don't see a revolution that removes Vladimir Putin.  He will continue to listen politely to the wealthy but his military will be his strength.  Those who wish to oppose him long term, need to be escaping asap.  The time for it is growing short.

• Like 1

Well Putin is a dictator who rules in the disguise of Democracy. He's also KGB, I read that once your KGB you're always KGB, until you die.

On 24.03.2017 at 7:00 AM, ExpandMyMind said:

Love? I guess our love's got exhausted, and now the crowd is getting ready to trample its former idol. Plebs is plebs. So typical, so cynical. That's how the treadmill of history goes round. And that's why I've cut off the antenna from my TV ten years ago and rarely speak about politics at all.

Edited by Chaldon

I heard that Russia arrested many political dissidents this weekend, including one of Putin's biggest critics.