Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

‘Why I know aliens haven’t visited Earth’

Still Waters

HE was an astronaut on the second manned mission to the moon and the fourth man to walk on its surface.

Alan Bean, 85, is one of only 12 people to have taken “one small step for man and one giant leap for mankind” on the moon.

The lunar module pilot was one of three crew members on-board Apollo 12 who walked on the moon 10 days after it launched on November 14, 1969.

Mr Bean has logged 1,671 hours and 45 minutes in space — 10 hours and 26 minutes of that were spent on the moon and in Earth’s orbit.

His experiences in space have led Mr Bean to develop some interesting theories about the possibility of alien life.

http://www.news.com.au/technology/science/space/astronaut-who-walked-on-the-moon-why-i-know-aliens-havent-visited-earth/news-story/cf021030a1a1b21d712512eb118d6b61

• Like 2

4 hours ago, MstrMsn said:

“One of reasons I don’t believe they have been here is that civilisations that are more advanced are more altruistic and friendly — like Earth, which is better than it used to be — so they would have landed and said ‘we come in peace and we know from our studies you have cancer that kills people, we solved that problem 50 years ago, here’s the gadget we put on a person’s chest that will cure it, we will show you how to make it’.

That's assuming their physiology was similar to ours, and that they developed the same diseases as us. As well as actually had invented a device that could cure anything. It also assumes they would care.

He's also assuming that just because a civilisation is more advanced, that automatically makes them more altruistic and friendly. They could very well be hostile and aggressive. 

If you remember the Twilight Zone episode, To Serve Mankind.  The aliens come to earth and start giving mankind all kinds of technology to cure disease, increase crops, eliminate hunger, etc.  They also have a book called, To serve mankind.  Then they start taking humans to their homeplanet, and the organization that is translating the alien's book, find out that their book called To Serve Mankind, is actually a cookbook.  So, they came offering technology, and also energy shields so war would become absolete and weapons would be disposed of.

I think if a superior race were to come to earth, they would try to enslave us.  Whether their intents were good or not, first they would have to make slaves out of the human race or it wouldn't work right.  To abase the proud, and to make those who would wish to be great among you into slaves, the first into the last, and last into first, as Jesus said in the Gospels.

4 hours ago, MstrMsn said:

• Like 4

I agree with the Paranoid Bacon Theorist on this one.

Also, what if aliens have visited Earth, but it was just a very long time ago.  I mean, they could have come here millions of years ago, seen only dinosaurs, and were frightened away.  Perhaps some were eaten by these dinosaurs and the aliens left never to return.  Even more, perhaps our planet was deemed a "no-go zone" due to the dangerous dinosaurs roaming about.  Or not...  and aliens never visited at all.  But, maybe they never left  :o (?) 

Either way, like Sweetpumper said:

He knows as much and as little as anybody else.

Honestly, I really don't care what he thinks; outside of piloting a lunar module or other "astronauty" things.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, MstrMsn said:

That's assuming their physiology was similar to ours, and that they developed the same diseases as us. As well as actually had invented a device that could cure anything. It also assumes they would care.

He's also assuming that just because a civilisation is more advanced, that automatically makes them more altruistic and friendly. They could very well be hostile and aggressive. 

Exactly, See how friendly Europeans were to Natives of the Americas and other lands they explored and conquered.

• Like 7

39 minutes ago, Hawkin said:

Exactly, See how friendly Europeans were to Natives of the Americas and other lands they explored and conquered.

The Cortez Factor.

• Like 1

"Mr Bean" 

How can we take this guy seriously with that name?

JK I just disagree with his theories on aliens totally. An advanced civilization might be following intergalactic laws for not interfering with a planets evolution and its inhabitants, unless special circumstances.

I would bet we have more cancer solutions already here and are just suppressed by our own in the pharma industry, who make their living off of find-a-cure cancer donations, patented drugs and the ill practice of chemo that results in overall more negative than positive effect. 

Edited by Area201
  • Like 5

13 hours ago, Area201 said:

"Mr Bean" 

How can we take this guy seriously with that name?

JK I just disagree with his theories on aliens totally. An advanced civilization might be following intergalactic laws for not interfering with a planets evolution and its inhabitants, unless special circumstances.

I would bet we have more cancer solutions already here and are just suppressed by our own in the pharma industry, who make their living off of find-a-cure cancer donations, patented drugs and the ill practice of chemo that results in overall more negative than positive effect. 

Big Pharma doesn't want to cure diseases, they want to treat them.  That's how they make huge profits. They try to discourage people from trying natural alternative methods by calling it Quackery, But I call using Chemo, Barbaric. Chemo is a component of Mustard Gas.

• Like 5

On 24/03/2017 at 1:01 PM, MstrMsn said:

Aliens will be multi celled organisms that will rely on replixating those cells to grow and replenish their bodies. To do this they'll be relying on replicating some type of genetic code.  Or if as seems plausibke it'll be  machines we meet, then their creators will. They will at some point have encountered cancer. 

• Like 1

I couldn't disagree more with Alan Bean. If aliens arrived here and helped ussolve all of our pfoblems, however (and I'm assuming they'd be alturistic as I don't buy the hostile alien idea) much they'd be tempted to help, then they'd arrrest all potential future unique human developement and replace it with their own. We'd be their children forever. It's sort of like why wildlife camera folk don't rescue the cute fluffy chick from the predator, it upsets the balance if nature to soothe nothing but your own sensibilities. It's unethical.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, oldrover said:

I couldn't disagree more with Alan Bean. If aliens arrived here and helped ussolve all of our pfoblems, however (and I'm assuming they'd be alturistic as I don't buy the hostile alien idea) much they'd be tempted to help, then they'd arrrest all potential future unique human developement and replace it with their own. We'd be their children forever. It's sort of like why wildlife camera folk don't rescue the cute fluffy chick from the predator, it upsets the balance if nature to soothe nothing but your own sensibilities. It's unethical.

We don't need alien intervention. We know how to solve our own problems. It's just putting forth the effort to do so.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hawkin said:

We don't need alien intervention. We know how to solve our own problems. It's just putting forth the effort to do so.

I think a lot of us do make the effort, I think on balance that for every individual or even collective act of stupidity and callousness there are a lot more people who are repulsed by it. But this isn't the same thing as noting that as of now, there are a host of problems that we can't yet solve. Despite how hard we're trying. 

• Like 5

17 hours ago, Hawkin said:

Chemo is a component of Mustard Gas.

So what? Components are everywhere and the dosage and mixture is always doing the trick. If you breathe 100% nitrogen, you will die. If you breathe 78% nitrogen, which is the volume in our breathing air, you can get >100 years old.

• Like 6

17 hours ago, Hawkin said:

Big Pharma doesn't want to cure diseases, they want to treat them.  That's how they make huge profits. They try to discourage people from trying natural alternative methods by calling it Quackery, But I call using Chemo, Barbaric. Chemo is a component of Mustard Gas.

b***** off  Hawkin.

Chemo saved my brother's life.

But youd obviously rather he died.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

b***** off  Hawkin.

Chemo saved my brother's life.

But youd obviously rather he died.

Well I'm glad it worked for your brother. But it doesn't work for everyone. It was causing nerve damage to my cousin and she had to discontinue.

Her fate is unknown.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Hawkin said:

Well I'm glad it worked for your brother. But it doesn't work for everyone. It was causing nerve damage to my cousin and she had to discontinue.

Her fate is unknown.

Anything is safe for one but potentially lethal for another.

• Like 2

On 3/24/2017 at 9:01 AM, MstrMsn said:

While they may not be "hostile" purposely, I also don't think they would want to help us.   I think they would take what they wanted.  Whether it's just samples and such or maybe resources. 

• Like 3

On 3/25/2017 at 11:41 AM, Hawkin said:

The so-called natural alternative methods simply don't work for things other than vague, minor, problems. As much as people want to point out how barbaric chemo is, there are few alternatives today. Newer methods such as immunotherapy still rely on chemo as support.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stereologist said:

The so-called natural alternative methods simply don't work for things other than vague, minor, problems. As much as people want to point out how barbaric chemo is, there are few alternatives today. Newer methods such as immunotherapy still rely on chemo as support.

If a cure for cancer and even the common cold was put out on the market, Big Pharma would loose ten's of billions. Same goes with Big Oil on alternative energies. The list goes on. It's all about money...and lots of it.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Hawkin said:

If a cure for cancer and even the common cold was put out on the market, Big Pharma would loose ten's of billions. Same goes with Big Oil on alternative energies. The list goes on. It's all about money...and lots of it.

The pharmacorp developing the cancer cure would be making big bucks, though, and eliminate all competition. It's every capitalist's wet dream. 

Edited by FLOMBIE
  • Like 4

28 minutes ago, FLOMBIE said:

The pharmacorp developing the cancer cure would be making big bucks, though, and eliminate all competition. It's every capitalist's wet dream. 

Why cure a disease of an individual when you can treat them over the course of their life and profit from it big time. Remember the EpiPen controversy last year?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Hawkin said:

Nonsense. There is plenty of money for cures. There is plenty of money for big oil as it diversifies into other energy fields.

Your list is nonsense. The money issue is not.

Big Pharma is looking for cures.

https://www.fool.com/investing/2017/02/20/3-stocks-to-invest-in-big-pharma.aspx

Cory Renauer (Roche Holding Ltd.): Big pharma stocks are far less volatile than their smaller peers, but this stability comes at a price. A recent study found big pharma returns on research and development investment hit a six-year low of just 3.7% last year. Mid-tier drugmaker returns have also been sinking, but still trounced the big players with a 9.9% return on R&D spending last year.

A whopping $9.9 billion R&D budget last year makes Roche a top spender, but it has a lot more to show for it than many of its big pharma peers. Last April it earned approval to market Venclexta for the treatment of a genetically defined group of leukemia patients. The cancer therapy is expected to generate about $2 billion in annual sales at its peak, and a slew of studies combining it with Roche drugs could help it run even further.

Roche also launched the first PD-L1 inhibitor for the treatment of bladder cancer last year. It's got some catching up to do relative to PD-1 blockers from Merck and Bristol-Myers Squibb, but it has already earned an expansion to a large lung cancer indication. Again, the big pharma is running dozens of clinical trials that could help it earn approval for treatment of a much larger variety of malignancies and drive peak annual sales of the drug above $3 billion.

Perhaps the most important new drug candidate emerging from Roche's pipeline is still under FDA review. Ocrevus is the first therapy to show a significant benefit for about 15% of the world's multiple sclerosis patients with the most aggressive form of the disease. The Agency is expected to announce a widely expected approval soon. If given a thumbs up, peak annual sales of the drug could reach $4 billion.

Big Oil is cheaper hence its all about money. The so-called alternative energies stink. They provide little net return in terms of dollars or energy.

• Like 2

People would like to pretend that Big Pharma is bad, but the alternative is a death sentence from the natural alternative methods that can barely deliver the placebo effect.

• Like 9