Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Please read, I am terrified

Brummie90

Hey guys

My name is Nicky and I am new here, weren't sure where else to go, pretty freaked out right now and needing some input as I feel like I am going crazy.

My family have seen ghosts and some psychic ability in the past, my Sister often see's ghosts especially children. I had only ever seen one ghost as a child, my neighbor walked across street as always and I had said good morning, she ignored me so obviously upset I told my Mom, she then told me the neighbor had died earlier that morning. Fast forward 15 or so years and everything was absolutely normal until about 1 month ago.

I was in work about a month back and I was taking the bins out, I saw the man who rented out the unit next door and said hello as I usually do, he said hello back and got in his van and drove off (this was a Friday) and I thought nothing more of it until Monday morning when I found out  that the man had actually died approx 2am on the Friday morning, which I had not been aware of at the time (I seen him about 12pm on the afternoon after he had died). 

I was not freaked out about this at all as I had seen it once as a child, This month I have had two dreams, both of which came true the next day. I was thinking possibly I had somehow tapped into my spiritual side or something. Now two days back I was standing in my Sisters doorway as she cooked and my 10 month old niece was beside me when I saw a large shadow the shape of a very tall and bulky man  walked out of the corner of my eye into the corner of my Sister's living room to my left, I assumed it was my Husband as he was due there with the kids, I thought he was trying to make me jump so I looked around the corner but no one was there. 

Today I was in the kitchen cooking and the washing machine which had done it's cycle started back up again, I .. again trying to think logically that it was an electrical fault.  then as I was watching something on youtube when I heard someone shout down my ear as if trying to make me jump, sounded like a man.. feels like my heart skipped a beat and I spun around shouting at my Husband who I assumed had sneaked in from work without me hearing him but he wasn't there so I called out 'stop it i'm creeped out and it's not funny' but he did not reply so I called him on the phone and my heart sunk as I could hear the wind and traffic and I knew he was not yet home,  I reloaded the youtube video thinking it may be a noise from the video but have not heard the noise again, I am terrified right now I do not know what's happening to me :/ am I going crazy???

2 hours ago, Brummie90 said:

Hey guys

My name is Nicky and I am new here, weren't sure where else to go, pretty freaked out right now and needing some input as I feel like I am going crazy.

My family have seen ghosts and some psychic ability in the past, my Sister often see's ghosts especially children. I had only ever seen one ghost as a child, my neighbor walked across street as always and I had said good morning, she ignored me so obviously upset I told my Mom, she then told me the neighbor had died earlier that morning. Fast forward 15 or so years and everything was absolutely normal until about 1 month ago.

I was in work about a month back and I was taking the bins out, I saw the man who rented out the unit next door and said hello as I usually do, he said hello back and got in his van and drove off (this was a Friday) and I thought nothing more of it until Monday morning when I found out  that the man had actually died approx 2am on the Friday morning, which I had not been aware of at the time (I seen him about 12pm on the afternoon after he had died). 

I was not freaked out about this at all as I had seen it once as a child, This month I have had two dreams, both of which came true the next day. I was thinking possibly I had somehow tapped into my spiritual side or something. Now two days back I was standing in my Sisters doorway as she cooked and my 10 month old niece was beside me when I saw a large shadow the shape of a very tall and bulky man  walked out of the corner of my eye into the corner of my Sister's living room to my left, I assumed it was my Husband as he was due there with the kids, I thought he was trying to make me jump so I looked around the corner but no one was there. 

Today I was in the kitchen cooking and the washing machine which had done it's cycle started back up again, I .. again trying to think logically that it was an electrical fault.  then as I was watching something on youtube when I heard someone shout down my ear as if trying to make me jump, sounded like a man.. feels like my heart skipped a beat and I spun around shouting at my Husband who I assumed had sneaked in from work without me hearing him but he wasn't there so I called out 'stop it i'm creeped out and it's not funny' but he did not reply so I called him on the phone and my heart sunk as I could hear the wind and traffic and I knew he was not yet home,  I reloaded the youtube video thinking it may be a noise from the video but have not heard the noise again, I am terrified right now I do not know what's happening to me :/ am I going crazy???

My first thought was perhaps the man who died had a son and you didnt realize it was a different person? Genetics are strong . As I read further though the shadow person thing freaks me right the heck out. We have an awesome thread about shadow people here I highly recommend checking it out . 

• Like 1

Thanks @Farmer77 for the reply, the man's son was only about 7 years old and it was definitely the man, I saw him daily at work he locked up unit which he owned and also spoke to me the same as always so It was 100% him, shadow people eh? I will look into that thanks, I have calmed down a bit since last night was just really freaked out when I heard the noise and it sent me into a full blown panic attack

• Like 2

Hello. I understand exactly where you're at. It happens a lot. I actually have a program that you might be interested in. It's to help discover, explore, expand and apply your gifts. Let me know if you're interested. Blessings. 

31 minutes ago, StarLily said:

Hello. I understand exactly where you're at. It happens a lot. I actually have a program that you might be interested in. It's to help discover, explore, expand and apply your gifts. Let me know if you're interested. Blessings. 

Hi, where am I at if I may ask? I am so confused and scared right now, I want to expand but scared of something evil approaching if I do.. 

On 3/24/2017 at 9:14 PM, Brummie90 said:

Hi Brummie,

Firstly, how do you know the man died at 02:00 on the day you saw him at noon? Bluntly what seems more likely, that you've been misinformed about the time, or that his ghost, plus the ghost of his van (unless it was his real van and it was being driven by a ghost), was popping into work? 

On 3/25/2017 at 0:05 AM, Farmer77 said:

I was not freaked out about this at all as I had seen it once as a child, This month I have had two dreams, both of which came true the next day. I was thinking possibly I had somehow tapped into my spiritual side or something. Now two days back I was standing in my Sisters doorway as she cooked and my 10 month old niece was beside me when I saw a large shadow the shape of a very tall and bulky man  walked out of the corner of my eye into the corner of my Sister's living room to my left, I assumed it was my Husband as he was due there with the kids, I thought he was trying to make me jump so I looked around the corner but no one

The key there is that you saw it in the corner of your eye. Peripheral vision is notoriously good at producing minor hallucinations, and misperceptions. It's also an area which is affected more noticeably by infrasound. 

On 3/25/2017 at 0:05 AM, Farmer77 said:

The above is a little confusing, you say shouting down your ear, then you say you 'called out' indicating you were shouting to someone who was more distant? Can you clear that up? I can well understand though if you meant you initially thought there was someone right next to you, but on turning and seeing no-one you made the entirely logical assumption that they may have been further than you first thought. 

I don't think you're going crazy at all. I think you're absolutely fine. There is nothing happening to you. It's just a series of events that you're connecting. 

• Like 3

Hey @oldrover the Wife of the man next door had told my boss (small company) that he had died 2am, early hours, I seen him later that day near lunch time. I see now how that dos not make sense, Right behind me was a corner into our hall way, I had assumed at first that Husband had made me jump then moved quickly around the corner into the hallway (we are in a flat and if he were to jump into the hall he could hide in the kids room or the bathroom without me noticing him in the dark, I sure hope you are right that nothing is happening , just freaked out is all but calming down now nothing has happened in a few days has all gone to normal again

Hi Brummie,

Yes, 02:00 Friday might just as well mean 02:00 Friday night, strictly not correct, but a common turn of phrase. Especially given that she must have been shocked, after all if he was in work in the afternoon it must have been sudden and unexpected.

I'm sure that things will be back to normal. 

• Like 1

I would recommend speaking to someone at your local Spiritualist Church. There are quite a few around Birmingham.
They should be able to help you understand what's going on.

Don't go to a Christian Spiritualist Church, though. They will fill your head with pseudo-religious mumbo-jumbo.

http://www.snu.org.uk/community/districts/w_m/wmdc_churches.html

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Brummie90 said:

Hi, where am I at if I may ask? I am so confused and scared right now, I want to expand but scared of something evil approaching if I do.. 

*snip*

Edited by rashore
removed personal information

This shadow man does sound quite scary, but it is possible he was just that right? A shadow?

• Like 1

There is no way to know exactly what happened but I would suggest that your brain is playing a trick on you about when you saw the man.  Our memory is not as faultless as we have been led to believe, in fact it is a constantly changing things we think we know to something different.  Check out a couple of articles, you'll be surprised what we are finding out  http://www.newyorker.com/science/maria-konnikova/idea-happened-memory-recollection

http://brainblogger.com/2011/07/14/memory-not-as-good-as-we-think/

As for the shadow you saw it could be just that, a shadow or it could be your brain making things up again  http://bigthink.com/Mind-Matters/seeing-things-that-arent-there-thats-just-your-brain-functioning-normally

I'd at least read those articles before assuming something supernatural.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Brummie90 said:

@acute @lucid_lioness @Merc14Thankyou to all of you, everything is back to normal, no more shadows, no more strange noises, thanks again

Brummie, I won't comment on the events you have described, being as they could be attributed to a lot of different things. However, if you happen to place any faith in the Christian Bible, I would like to share a verse with you:

"For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind."
2 Timothy 1:7, KJV

For the record, that last phrase, "sound mind", is derived from a Koine Greek word which actually means "self control".

It is my personal belief that God normally does not employ fear as a tactic. Rather, that is a tactic of the Devil. He would literally like to frighten some of us to death. I discuss this topic more at length in such series as "Dracula, Nosferatu, Twilight: The Vampire Fad", if you are interested in reading it.

• Like 1

On ‎3‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 5:14 PM, Brummie90 said:

am I going crazy???

I doubt you are going crazy. I have read a lot about the paranormal and the stuff you have described is actually all very common in the paranormal world. If it becomes troublesome you may want to discuss this with someone in your area that works with these situations. Good Luck.