Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Three pets died. Another dying. What is this?

SweetestFriend

Alright, so my family and I have always been quite spiritual. Nothing major, I'd say, but strange things happen, I've had trivial psychic dreams, etc. Well, my family is one of animal lovers. My cat of 14 years died 3 months ago (my soulmate). She was living with me in my apartment - liver failure we think. Our 10 year old dog died five days after. She lived at my parents and there was some blockage in her intestine... It was quite sudden. Two weeks later, my little sister finds her cat (who was maybe 8 yrs old - we weren't sure, but she was young) dead in her closet. She looked like she was sleeping when it happened. Now my older sister's cat (he is 8 yrs old) is dying of cancer. He has tumors in his face, they've gotten quite progressed. What the hell? Why so close together? It doesn't make sense to me. THoughts?

There is no reasonable explanation other than coincidence.

Just a very sad coincidence.

• Like 8

14 years is a good age for a cat. 

14, 10, 8 and another 8, they are reasonably good ages for animals. 

The dog could of eaten something causing the blockage, your sisters cat could of been older as age not really known, but could of had multiple health issues.

Unfortunately, cats do get cancer and it can be quite aggressive. 

It's just a sad series of coincidences.

I had a kitten who was 12 month old when he was put to sleep because of FIV, there was no way round it, he was born with it. 

• Like 2

I've read that animals grieve when another animal dies . 

• Like 1

I have no relatives save my 2 children and 2 cousins (one of whom I've never even met). Everyone else in my family (both sides no less) are dead. I'm older but not super old. Most people my age have extensive extended families but my family tree reads like an obituary. Why has this happened? Some died of disease, some due to accidents, some in various wars....lots of different ways but they're still all dead. Basically, bad things happen and sometimes lots of bad things happen. There's no real explanation for the randomness of life and death.

• Like 3