Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

USS Lexington ghost possibly spotted

Still Waters

Over the years, there have been lots of reported strange encounters aboard the USS Lexington Museum. Some people believe the aircraft carrier, that served during World War 2, is haunted. 

Over the weekend, a family visiting the attraction told us they got quite a scare and they say it was all caught on video. 

http://www.kiiitv.com/news/local/uss-lexington-ghost-possibly-spotted/424853087

• Like 4

Wind.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Stiff said:

Wind.

May be, may be. Or a practical joke played by someone of service personnel who, may be unintentionally, happened to be behind the door. The news guy said that the door leads to some offices. Since the tours are commercial, all the crew would surely support the claim, as it can surely bring more visitors. Wherever money rules, no truth can be found, and money rules everywhere.

• Like 3

Same wind. I was highly disappointed in the video.

• Like 1

Could be 'someone of solid form' opening or closing another door in the connecting offices that caused a pressure difference. Or it could be a ghost/alien/Bigfoot.

Edited by UFOwatcher

That steel door would not move unless there was a gale blowing through, which I cannot imagine inside the ship, even outside steel doors keep open in wind and have to be closed manually.  To me this is a U.M

• Like 1

It seems like the ship is likely to be haunted but this video was not terribly compelling.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

It seems like the ship is likely to be haunted but this video was not terribly compelling.

In 2010, I displayed my Tuskegee Airmen exhibition for the full month of February on the USS Lexington. The folks of the USS Lexington were gracious enough to move my exhibit to the entrance near the ticket booths which was originally located near the mess area deep inside the ship. I have to say that I have never seen anything ghostly during that time-frame.

Edited by skyeagle409

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I'd like to know who did the whistling. Before the door slams shut, you can hear someone whistling.So was that the ghost or someone in this family making the sound? The door well.It leads to offices. Maybe a human was down there and suddenly realized they forgot to close the doorand that's what we see.