Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Another who wants some advice on abilities

SweetestFriend

I used to consider myself an empath... I could read things on people that they weren't aware of themselves. I've had trivial psychic dreams. My friend and I practiced "mind reading" or transferring thoughts and got really good at it. We got to the point where we knew what card was in the other person's hand every time. Sadly, the only real tool I use now is Tarot, but that isn't helping much with other abilities that once came naturally to me. Sometimes I know things are certain, just know it, I have the very occasional trivial psychic dream... Not as much lucid dreaming now, far diminished intuition in general. What should I do to begin developing some of this further? Honestly, the empath thing might be subconsciously purposeful - it's exhausting. But my dreams, my intuition, what next?

Hello. I understand exactly where you're at. It happens a lot. I actually have a program that you might be interested in. It's to help discover, explore, expand and apply your gifts. Let me know if you're interested. Blessings. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On ‎5‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 6:44 PM, Tharlion said:

You could just actually train it... That is a for sure method to developing it further.

How can you train something like that?

8 hours ago, nephili said:

Hi,

You train some thing like that by practicing it. This is like any other skill. You get better at it through practice.

Intuitive insights are often devalued by logical reasoning. When these thoughts come into our mind what we want to dismiss are these thoughts and not the intuition. Then I ask myself how best to apply that intuition. That is how I practice using my intuition.

John

So what makes you special?

There have been about a thousand people that took James Randi 1 Million dollar prize and no one has claimed it.
Excuses range along the lines of 'the setting cancels out my vibes', 'James cancels out my vibes', 'no self respecting psychic would subject themselves to these terms'.

thesearchforlifeafterdeath.com claims"Honestly, I don’t know who decided that James Randi of all people should be judging claims of the paranormal; that’s like expecting a fair trial in North Korea."  The web site continues to make statements that 'the test is unfairly stacked in Randi's favour so that he can't lose' or that the foundation was created  to "mock and humiliate applicants".
The article goes on to ask what right Randi has to create these challenges as he is not a scientist.  Yet in the same article it brings up a debunked study done by Rupert Sheldrake on psychic phenomena.

To easily address these accusations, there is a clear indication that the writer of this blog does not understand science or the scientific method.  One does not jump to inductive reasoning when it has the opportunity to look at solid facts as is.  
The test given to individuals is designed to close out loopholes that the person might take to get a result such as body language or auditory cues.  Although Mr. Randi is not a scientist, he is a magician and has the qualifications of discovering the best way to trick a person; even a scientist is untrained in all the loopholes that can be created in such tests which makes Mr. Randi a much more suitable candidate.
If the organization ever appeared condescending, it may have been with those that either deliberately scam people out of their money or perhaps those who would show up unannounced and demand to be tested (a reason why the organization no longer offers the test to the general public.)

Finally, skeptics have not conclusively made up their mind that there is no such thing as psychic phenomena.  The problem is that without proper evidence, such as those gleaned in the test above, the outcome is inconclusive.  So far, due to a lack of people with the abilities they say they have, there is no testable source and the outcome is cast to Occam's Razor, to which the simplest answer is probably the most correct.  Psychic powers are not a simple answer.

If you think you have these '"powers", then you should first to take into consideration all your misses as well as your hits.  Every time you make an assumption or have a vision, thought, inclination, feeling...etc. that you consider a premonition, you should record it.

Also, if your answers are open to interpretation, i.e. I had a dream and I didn't know what it meant until today where this happened and the outcome was very similar..."  then that doesn't count since you can do that with almost anything.
Then if you still think you have something, there are other organizations out there willing to test your claims: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_prizes_for_evidence_of_the_paranormal

Prove you abilities.  Do it right and you might be the first one to do so.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, John from Lowell said:

You train some thing like that by practicing it. This is like any other skill. You get better at it through practice.

Lol. Ok. Practice how? How do you train and/or practice these things?

On 6/6/2017 at 1:08 AM, nephili said:

Lol. Ok. Practice how? How do you train and/or practice these things?

Beyond what I have already said in my previous post, sorry if it was hard to comprehend, there is this thing called trusting your intuition. A person actually needs to learn how to do that on their own. There is no single way that works for any two people. That is because you and your intuition need to evolve a relationship.

Intuition itself is an awareness sent to you from beyond your logical reasoning. There is an "intuition" sender who understands how life works for a human. How the human is always working with their intellect. Learning how to put aside that intellectual reasoning and giving divine insights a place in our reflections does take effort and practice. That is if you really want to use those intuitive gifts in your physical reality.

John

On 6/5/2017 at 8:44 PM, switchopens said:

So what makes you special?

There have been about a thousand people that took James Randi 1 Million dollar prize and no one has claimed it.
Excuses range along the lines of 'the setting cancels out my vibes', 'James cancels out my vibes', 'no self respecting psychic would subject themselves to these terms'.

thesearchforlifeafterdeath.com claims"Honestly, I don’t know who decided that James Randi of all people should be judging claims of the paranormal; that’s like expecting a fair trial in North Korea."  The web site continues to make statements that 'the test is unfairly stacked in Randi's favour so that he can't lose' or that the foundation was created  to "mock and humiliate applicants".
The article goes on to ask what right Randi has to create these challenges as he is not a scientist.  Yet in the same article it brings up a debunked study done by Rupert Sheldrake on psychic phenomena.

To easily address these accusations, there is a clear indication that the writer of this blog does not understand science or the scientific method.  One does not jump to inductive reasoning when it has the opportunity to look at solid facts as is.  
The test given to individuals is designed to close out loopholes that the person might take to get a result such as body language or auditory cues.  Although Mr. Randi is not a scientist, he is a magician and has the qualifications of discovering the best way to trick a person; even a scientist is untrained in all the loopholes that can be created in such tests which makes Mr. Randi a much more suitable candidate.
If the organization ever appeared condescending, it may have been with those that either deliberately scam people out of their money or perhaps those who would show up unannounced and demand to be tested (a reason why the organization no longer offers the test to the general public.)

Finally, skeptics have not conclusively made up their mind that there is no such thing as psychic phenomena.  The problem is that without proper evidence, such as those gleaned in the test above, the outcome is inconclusive.  So far, due to a lack of people with the abilities they say they have, there is no testable source and the outcome is cast to Occam's Razor, to which the simplest answer is probably the most correct.  Psychic powers are not a simple answer.

If you think you have these '"powers", then you should first to take into consideration all your misses as well as your hits.  Every time you make an assumption or have a vision, thought, inclination, feeling...etc. that you consider a premonition, you should record it.

Also, if your answers are open to interpretation, i.e. I had a dream and I didn't know what it meant until today where this happened and the outcome was very similar..."  then that doesn't count since you can do that with almost anything.
Then if you still think you have something, there are other organizations out there willing to test your claims: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_prizes_for_evidence_of_the_paranormal

Prove you abilities.  Do it right and you might be the first one to do so.

There's a clear indication that you are a complete craphead.  You don't know anything about me.  I come from an entire family of scientists.  You are one of those irritating people that only suffers the world to bear you.  Some of your advice wasn't completely full of it, so thanks for that.  Otherwise, learn to speak to others with more respect if you want them to seriously consider your ideas or statements. 

On 6/5/2017 at 9:26 AM, John from Lowell said:

Hi,

Intuitive insights are often devalued by logical reasoning. When these thoughts come into our mind what we want to dismiss are these thoughts and not the intuition. Then I ask myself how best to apply that intuition. That is how I practice using my intuition.

John

Thank you, buddy. 

On 6/9/2017 at 7:37 AM, SweetestFriend said:

There's a clear indication that you are a complete craphead.  You don't know anything about me.  I come from an entire family of scientists.  You are one of those irritating people that only suffers the world to bear you.  Some of your advice wasn't completely full of it, so thanks for that.  Otherwise, learn to speak to others with more respect if you want them to seriously consider your ideas or statements. 

Just because you are related to scientists does not make you one yourself.
You are asking people on the best way to delude yourself.  You can't even properly defend yourself from the said argument that holds true not just to you, as this was not a personal attack, but against anyone with the same inquiry. 
All I'm doing is encouraging you to think rationally about something that has not been proven so that you don't fall victim to those that would mislead you, or have you become someone who would mislead others.

On 2017-06-04 at 11:29 PM, nephili said:

Wave your hands

• Like 1

On ‎6‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 10:48 AM, John from Lowell said:

there is this thing called trusting your intuition.

I'm not totally sure of your stance here. I asked a genuine question of how to do it and I don't think you even tried to give a real answer. I'll just assume you don't even know how to train this by your answer.

3 hours ago, nephili said:

I'm not totally sure of your stance here. I asked a genuine question of how to do it and I don't think you even tried to give a real answer. I'll just assume you don't even know how to train this by your answer.

Hi,

That is an interesting assumption. I can tell you how I do it however I know that we are all quite different.

That Authentic desire to trust intuition activates an awareness within the self, and the place where information resides, which intensifies the connection a person has with their intuition.

I have evolved a relationship with my intuition. Not long ago I was looking for a video card for my computer. I did not see any thing appealing where I looked. I get the typical junk mail I normally delete without hesitation. On a particular day I took a look at one of those emails. Sure enough I see a video card that I found appealing. I call this kind of thing trusting my intuition and doing everything I can to evolve it.

I hope this example can be seen as a real answer for you.

John