Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Was this a premonition?

Tum1919

Tonight I went to a meeting. I'm a member of narcotics anonymous and I attend meetings nearly every day. Tonight, when the leader of the meeting asked "is there anyone here attending their first NA meeting that would like to indroduce themselves," one guy spoke up and introduced himself. So, naturally, I looked.... And immediately I recognized the guy, but I couldn't figure out where I knew him from. Throughout the meeting, I kept catching myself staring at him. He was undeniably familiar. I noticed that he didn't seem okay. He never cracked a smile. He would occasionally lean forward, then back, then forward again. He bit his nails. After the meeting, I approached him. I asked him what his name was again, and then introduced myself. I waited a moment to see if he would recognize me, but he didn't. I told him I knew him from somewhere, but he assured me he had no idea who I was. I asked him if he went to treatment, and he said "yes, in Mississippi."  Well, I've never been to Mississippi so I asked "where are you from?" He said "Mississippi." I said "dude you don't just have any persons face, you have a unique look to you. I swear I know you. When did you move here?" He said he moved here six months ago. I moved here two months ago. I said "I swear I know you." He just shrugged awkwardly and said "I don't know." So I dropped the subject and left. On the ride home, I couldn't get the image of this guys unmistakable face out of my mind. Suddenly I felt very uncomfortable. An ominous feeling overcame me and I started to feel very worried. The feeling was in direct relation to the guy I've apparently never met. I felt that something terrible was going to happen, but I didn't know why, or what. The feeling was overwhelming and strong. My heart started to race and my hands were shaking. I almost felt dizzy. The feeling clung to me for maybe an hour but now it has passed. Still, though, I can clearly picture this "strangers" face in my mind. And the feeling that there was meaning behind this is strong. I've never experienced such a thing. Maybe it was just a strange form of déjà vu followed by a panic attack. I don't know. I went so far as to try to find the guy on Facebook just so I could keep tabs on his wellbeing... But I couldn't find him and have no idea what his last name is. I don't know what this all about. I just want opinions. 

Edited by Tum1919

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• docyabut2

• and-then

• Tum1919

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Tum1919 said:

Tonight I went to a meeting. I'm a member of narcotics anonymous and I attend meetings nearly every day. Tonight, when the leader of the meeting asked "is there anyone here attending their first NA meeting that would like to indroduce themselves," one guy spoke up and introduced himself. So, naturally, I looked.... And immediately I recognized the guy, but I couldn't figure out where I knew him from. Throughout the meeting, I kept catching myself staring at him. He was undeniably familiar. I noticed that he didn't seem okay. He never cracked a smile. He would occasionally lean forward, then back, then forward again. He bit his nails. After the meeting, I approached him. I asked him what his name was again, and then introduced myself. I waited a moment to see if he would recognize me, but he didn't. I told him I knew him from somewhere, but he assured me he had no idea who I was. I asked him if he went to treatment, and he said "yes, in Mississippi."  Well, I've never been to Mississippi so I asked "where are you from?" He said "Mississippi." I said "dude you don't just have any persons face, you have a unique look to you. I swear I know you. When did you move here?" He said he moved here six months ago. I moved here two months ago. I said "I swear I know you." He just shrugged awkwardly and said "I don't know." So I dropped the subject and left. On the ride home, I couldn't get the image of this guys unmistakable face out of my mind. Suddenly I felt very uncomfortable. An ominous feeling overcame me and I started to feel very worried. The feeling was in direct relation to the guy I've apparently never met. I felt that something terrible was going to happen, but I didn't know why, or what. The feeling was overwhelming and strong. My heart started to race and my hands were shaking. I almost felt dizzy. The feeling clung to me for maybe an hour but now it has passed. Still, though, I can clearly picture this "strangers" face in my mind. And the feeling that there was meaning behind this is strong. I've never experienced such a thing. Maybe it was just a strange form of déjà vu followed by a panic attack. I don't know. I went so far as to try to find the guy on Facebook just so I could keep tabs on his wellbeing... But I couldn't find him and have no idea what his last name is. I don't know what this all about. I just want opinions. 

I think your intuition was of someone, you`d be  better off to avoid. :( 

1 hour ago, docyabut2 said:

I think your intuition was telling you of someone, you`d be  better off to avoid. :( 

COPAC strikes again ;)   Just remember, it's WHAT one learns about themselves, not others, that leads to recovery.  My best wishes for you help and health.