Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Poor Trump

docyabut2

18 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

As @.ZZ. pointed out I was not there so I cannot speak to the spirit of folks at that time. All i can do is witness the carnage which came 20 years later as blacks fought for equality, the continuing struggle for women to find equality in the workplace and the environmental consequences of that era. 

My point really wasnt to denigrate that time frame or those who lived through it. My point was that each era in our society has its own positives and negatives, that we have learned from the negatives of bygone eras should be celebrated and we should never want to go back on those progresses. 

Well I was in college in America in the 1960s.  Where I was (in Boston) I saw little racism, but then I stuck to the campus and didn't get out to places like Dorchester.  I sure saw plenty of sexism (Radcliff students went to the same classes but were kept separate otheriwse).

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Michelle said:

Let me put it another way...it's called childhood. It should be a time of innocence oblivious of the evils in the world.

Yea I look back; when I was young the French war was going on, and it just seemed part of the natural nature of things.  We were poor back then, although my family was probably the best off in the town, I remember not having shoes and not wanting them when the time came for me to go to school (the French authorities had a dress code).

• Like 2

If he gets immunity (which I would expect) it looks like Flynn may testify about Russian contacts.  The "devil" is of course in the details, but it sounds like a death knell for the Trump Presidency.

On 3/27/2017 at 5:30 AM, sees said:

I am so glad he didn't get his way re. trying to ban Obamacare.  He purports to care for the people e.g. jobs for all... but clearly not about their health.

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/trump-blames-everyone-but-himself-for-failure-of-gop-healthcare-legislation/ar-BByPg3f?li=BBoPWjQ&ocid=mailsignout

Obamacare is a fraud.

Read my stories about trying to use it for a life threatening situation. I had one of the better plans, and I still may have ti file for Bankruptcy, if the hospitals have their way.

Now they IRS is charged with sending out armed tax collectors if you can't afford to pay the penalty for being unable to afford the fraudsurance.

It's a disgrace, but no less of one, than Donnie Tramp.

In the late forties  as a white I went to a all black school.  People  then were together  in fighting for our country, no matter what their differences were.

Edited by docyabut2

Docy, you might be a kinder person from a nicer family than mine.  I will honor the memory of your experiences though I can't share them.  Maybe  America will be better yet than it ever was.  

20 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Docy, you might be a kinder person from a nicer family than mine.  I will honor the memory of your experiences though I can't share them.  Maybe  America will be better yet than it ever was.  

All I know in my day of the late forties, all neighborhoods of  people of all cultures came together in the defense of our country  I was born in 1943 and as a child remember these events.  My Dad was fighting over in Germany at the time.   

Edited by docyabut2
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

All I know in my day of the late forties, all neighborhoods of  people of all cultures came together in the defense of our country  I was born in 1943 and as a child remember these events.  My Dad was fighting over in Germany at the time. 

It is true, people cam together to fight WWII.  I hope it doesn't take another world war to unite us again.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

Your neighborhood was not reflective of America as a whole.

The 1940s was an era of widespread racial discrimination and segregation. Granted, the integration movement made a little progress in the wake of WWII, but racism nevertheless persisted and was evidenced in post-war conflicts over discrimination in housing, jobs and education.

• Like 4

The Republicans won't leave until death knocks at their door.

Edited by Raptor Witness

20 hours ago, Claire. said:

Your neighborhood was not reflective of America as a whole.

The 1940s was an era of widespread racial discrimination and segregation. Granted, the integration movement made a little progress in the wake of WWII, but racism nevertheless persisted and was evidenced in post-war conflicts over discrimination in housing, jobs and education.

Perhaps in the south these  discriminations were still going  on. but I lived in  the north and never saw those discriminations in my town.

On 03/28/2017 at 6:40 AM, Farmer77 said:

I would love to have a conversation with you in real life 

Lol Brilliant.

• Like 1

I think more people would agree on how we want America to be and the values we defend than whether America ever achieved those ideals in any past era.

• Like 1