Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mante tribe Caught on Camera

skareb

Monday, 27 March 2017 | MYT 11:32 AM

Human or not? Mysterious figure caught on camera in Aceh sparks internet frenzy

A Banda Aceh-based motor trail community was touring inside a local forest in Indonesia’s westernmost province when the rider in the lead suddenly fell off his bike due to something on the trail in front of him.

He was shocked by the appearance of a human-like figure suddenly coming out from the woods carrying a wooden stick.

In the video, the mysterious figure looked like a human being but shorter in size, tribunnews.com reported.

The video, uploaded by Youtube account Fredography on March 22, has gone viral and garnered more than 1 million viewers as of Sunday evening.

Read more at http://www.thestar.com.my/news/regional/2017/03/27/human-or-not-mysterious-figure-caught-on-camera-in-aceh-sparks-internet-frenzy/#6OlYf0Y6I2h3smv5.99

Edited by Still Waters
Trimmed for length. Please avoid copy & pasting entire articles, the rest can be viewed in the source link.
  • Like 3

I cant believe the dude on the bike chased him. Man if he was from an uncontacted tribe the poor guy mustve been scared to death. 

• Like 3

What I'm getting from the local social network grapevines is that this is most likely a prank hoax vid ... I'm leaning towards that too ...

~

• Like 1

It does seem a bit contrived to me.  So many people these days are skilled at video manipulation.  I think the only acceptable proof now would be a body.  Dead or alive.  

15 hours ago, skareb said:

Monday, 27 March 2017 | MYT 11:32 AM

Human or not? Mysterious figure caught on camera in Aceh sparks internet frenzy

First I have heard of the Mante Tribe. Why would they not be just a human pygmy tribe. Why is their existence controversial? I don't know the history of this and I looked a bit on the internet too.

• Like 2

Kinda odd at 0.14 the creature seem to just pop up from thin air. The contrast was crisp in just a frame or two. 

• Like 1

Some guy walks out of the forest during a bike ride ... what's the big deal ??? 

If you out bushwalking on the wrong day at Washpool you might run into some native people as well  ..... they might even 'Yogi Bear'  you and take your lunch .   One time,  one shoved a  stick in the front spokes of a motorcycle trying to go around them,  they dont like trail bikes on their land - too noisy and  cause erosion.  

Looks fake, if it was a real tribe person, all of them would of stopped and waited

This has now been re-branded as the Orang pendek in some articles. I don't think the idea of the Mante tribe was doing good business. 

Mante tribe are known as the oldest tribe with other the oldest tribe, who make aceh people right now (anscestor of aceh people, or one of  progenitor of aceh people).

There are signifikan important to prove that hobbit are homo floresensis or the hobit are other homo sapiens, the rampasasa hobbit /pgymy are local in flores only or there other hobbit/pgymy out from flores island but still in neigberhoud.

And each big island in indonesia have certain version legend of the hobbit/ pgymy people ever live in the past

Edited by Daimond25

The video is really interesting, but I agree that the figure appears kind of CGI'ish right at the beginning. 

Man, that little sucker can RUN!!!