Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Swimming Bigfoot

Farmer77

9 hours ago, Hi-NRG Eurobeat Man said:

From what the author talks about in the book there seems to be a lot of paranormal unexplained stuff that goes on around the Otay Mountains, which is where he patrolled.

There. Fixed it for ya thumb.gif

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Stiff said:

There. Fixed it for ya thumb.gif

*unexplained*

TVMaxwell.png.ef34d917cd6f028124653e646a3b5439.png

Edited by Hi-NRG Eurobeat Man

On 3/27/2017 at 8:12 AM, Justice please said:

Be careful what you post here so many of these rude people will attack you. I for one believe in Sasquatch and I love your post. Thank you.

I'm not here much anymore, but this one deserved a reply.

Do you realize you were the first to attack others with your reply?......Ignorance is bliss.

• Like 2

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, Sakari said:

Butchy Kid is one of the most reliable cryptozoologists out there. I remember watching the video of a bigfoot chasing him with a shovel, that was years ago xD. Without Butchy Kid, the bigfoot community would be nothing but a joke.

• Like 1

On 4/2/2017 at 8:26 PM, Hi-NRG Eurobeat Man said:

Butchy Kid is one of the most reliable cryptozoologists out there. I remember watching the video of a bigfoot chasing him with a shovel, that was years ago xD. Without Butchy Kid, the bigfoot community would be nothing but a joke.

He is consistent in the quality of his work, I give him that.

Most apes are terrible swimmers, if Bigfoot is an ape than I would assume it wasn't a great swimmer too. Even humans are rather clumsy swimmers. I could see some possible shallow-water wading for algae or clams, but I don't see Bigfeet venturing out into the middle of the great lakes or anything, but that's just my viewpoint. However, if I suspend disbelief for a moment, I could say that an amphibious lifestyle would explain the scarcity of sightings, most Bigfeet hunters aren't mucking around in lakes, and what better place to hind than a reed-choked pond?

They are the missing link between the aquatic ape and us.   .. and of course they can swim good ,   thats why they got big feet .

Fins1.jpg

• Like 1

On 4/11/2017 at 7:52 PM, AustinHinton said:

Most apes are terrible swimmers, if Bigfoot is an ape than I would assume it wasn't a great swimmer too. Even humans are rather clumsy swimmers. I could see some possible shallow-water wading for algae or clams, but I don't see Bigfeet venturing out into the middle of the great lakes or anything, but that's just my viewpoint. However, if I suspend disbelief for a moment, I could say that an amphibious lifestyle would explain the scarcity of sightings, most Bigfeet hunters aren't mucking around in lakes, and what better place to hind than a reed-choked pond?

Yeah, big feet would make for a better swimmer, if we didn't also have BF being like 9 foot tall and 800 pounds.

I always wondered where that 800 pounds came from. I think it was due to the "depth" of various "footprints". If we back math it, we find that the cube root gives us a 6 foot human weighing roughly 240 pounds. That's pretty big, if you ask me. And that's for a 9 foot bigfoot. A 800 pound 8 foot bigfoot would match in proportions a 340 pound 6 foot human. That's going to go way into the "Bad" BMI side of the tables.

• Like 3

The Bigfoot family use my local swimming pool.

To be honest, I don't know how they can afford the membership.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DieChecker said:

I always wondered where that 800 pounds came from. I think it was due to the "depth" of various "footprints". If we back math it, we find that the cube root gives us a 6 foot human weighing roughly 240 pounds. That's pretty big, if you ask me. And that's for a 9 foot bigfoot. A 800 pound 8 foot bigfoot would match in proportions a 340 pound 6 foot human. That's going to go way into the "Bad" BMI side of the tables.

Yeah but what's big bird? (you know Sesame Street, that was a joke)

• Like 1

On 4/11/2017 at 7:52 PM, AustinHinton said:

FROGMAN CONFIRMED

Edited by Hi-NRG Eurobeat Man
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, MWoo7 said:

Yeah but what's big bird? (you know Sesame Street, that was a joke)

They'd have to let me know what BB weighs, so I could figure his density. :tu:

• Like 1

20 times better if I'd just said::: . . . . . Yeah , but what's Big Bird ?

th?id=OIP.ZAIa2KKWPnuaiQtXXrK3aAEsDC&pid

(Excellent reply by the way.)

Edited by MWoo7

This collection of stories instantly reminded me of the short story by Guy de Maupassant, called "The Fear" (La Peur, 1884), from the "Misti" collection. The story was told him by Turgenyev when they were at Gustave Flaubert.

P.S.: The electricity's gone out. I can't write no more. Will continue later.

On 3/27/2017 at 3:24 AM, Farmer77 said:

Bigfoot: A Skillful Swimmer? 

Some interesting stories in there. 

I remember when I was traveling south on a vacation. I don't remember which state. We went on a guided tour where the television series Swamp Thing was filmed. The tour guide said there were sightings of a big foot like thing there in the swamp. That's why  the show was brought there for filming. 

Fun stories 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, White Unicorn said:

I remember when I was traveling south on a vacation. I don't remember which state. We went on a guided tour where the television series Swamp Thing was filmed. The tour guide said there were sightings of a big foot like thing there in the swamp. That's why  the show was brought there for filming. 

Fun stories 

It's Florida. And the thing's called the skunk ape. ;)

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Chaldon said:

This collection of stories instantly reminded me of the short story by Guy de Maupassant, called "The Fear" (La Peur, 1884), from the "Misti" collection. The story was told him by Turgenyev when they were at Gustave Flaubert.

P.S.: The electricity's gone out. I can't write no more. Will continue later.

Back to the Maupassant's story. It is a very rare piece, written for the Figaro magazine and never republished during the Maupassant's lifetime. Seems like there's no English translation on the Internet, but if you read French here is the link to the full original text: http://athena.unige.ch/athena/maupassant/maupassant_peur.html. I've been reading it in Russian. According to Maupassant, the story is the true account related to him by Turgenev.

Here is the synopsis of the story (partially translated from my Russian book):

Once young Turgenev has been off hunting somewhere in the Russian woods. When the twilight came, he came across a calm river. Succumbing to the desire to take a swim, he undressed and went into the water. Going with the stream, he became completely oblivious of the surroundings, when he felt that something touched him at the shoulder. He looked back and saw a strange creature, which regarded him an eager interest. It looked both as a woman and an ape. It had a wide, wrinkled face which grimaced and laughed. Something indescribable, like two sacks, probably the breasts, were dangling from its chest. Long and tangled hair, tanned by the sun, surrounded the face and trailed behind its head. Turgenev felt how a deep fear before the unknown takes over him. He began to swim swiftly towards the shore but the creature was astoundingly fast, and was circling around him, screeching and laughing. Finally he has got ashore, and started recklessly into the woods, leaving his clothes and the gun behind, but the creature was still following him. Exhausted by the grave fear, the young hunter was ready to fall onto the ground when a shepherd boy appeared, who started to lash this gorilla-like creature with his whip. Screaming, the monster has left for the woods. The boy conveyed, that the create was a mad woman, who lived there for more than 30 years, spending half of her lifetime swimming in the river.

Was it really only a mad woman? Judging from the description, it may be not.

Edited by Chaldon

10 minutes ago, Chaldon said:

Back to the Maupassant's story. It is a very rare piece, written for the Figaro magazine and never republished during the Maupassant's lifetime. Seems like there's no English translation on the Internet, but if you read French here is the link to the full original text: http://athena.unige.ch/athena/maupassant/maupassant_peur.html. I've been reading it in Russian. According to Maupassant, the story is the true account related to him by Turgenev.

Here is the synopsis of the story (partially translated from my Russian book):

Once young Turgenev has been off hunting somewhere in the Russian woods. When the twilight came, he came across a calm river. Succumbing to the desire to take a swim, he undressed and went into the water. Going with the stream, he became completely oblivious of the surroundings, when he felt that something touched him at the shoulder. He looked back and saw a strange creature, which regarded him an eager interest. It looked both as a woman and an ape. It had a wide, wrinkled face which grimaced and laughed. Something indescribable, like two sacks, probably the breasts, were dangling from its chest. Long and tangled hair, tanned by the sun, surrounded the face and trailed behind its head. Turgenev felt how a deep fear before the unknown takes over him. He began to swim swiftly towards the shore but the creature was astoundingly fast, and was circling around him, screeching and laughing. Finally he has got ashore, and started recklessly into the woods, leaving his clothes and the gun behind, but the creature was still following him. Exhausted by the grave fear, the young hunter was ready to fall onto the ground when a shepherd boy appeared, who started to lash this gorilla-like creature with his whip. Screaming, the monster has left for the woods. The boy conveyed, that the create was a mad woman, who lived there for more than 30 years, spending half of her lifetime swimming in the river.

Was it really only a mad woman? Judging from the description, it may be not.

I think that is the most likely answer.  It was also collaborated by a local.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Chaldon said:

It's Florida. And the thing's called the skunk ape. ;)

There are tails of bigfoot creatures in the swamps of Louisiana, Georgia and Mississippi. 

• Like 2

I heard there is a theory that at least some part of the bigfoot / yeti reports are actually of mad or nearly mad men, who left the human society and sank to a half-animal existence in the woods.

4 minutes ago, Myles said:

There are tails of bigfoot creatures in the swamps of Louisiana, Georgia and Mississippi. 

Yeah, but Swamp Thing was filmed in Florida. If I remember well.

• Like 1