Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Comic Relief (2017)

keithisco

Was it just me...

...or did anybody else find the Comic Relief telethon this year totally UN-funny, dire and contrived??

French and Saunders skits were just appalling, Reeves and Mortimer crude and extremely aggravating (no change there I suppose) - and a whole pantheon of awful, awful mis-timed and tedious dialogue.

All credit for the money raised - but I suspect many folk donated (myself included) in the obviously misled belief that it might improve as the night drew on. No such luck - but I don't begrudge my donation:o

• Like 1

You are not alone ...

~
When even the Daily Mail 'slams' something for crudeness and bad language ... that's gotta be the bottom of the barrel  right there :lol:

~

• Like 2

5 hours ago, keithisco said:

Was it just me...

No -

More than 150 people have complained to TV watchdog Ofcom about the Comic Relief telethon.

Most took issue with the content of Friday's show. Ofcom is now considering whether to launch an investigation.

Language used before the watershed by Steve Coogan, a game of Innuendo Bingo and a sketch by Reeves and Mortimer have come in for particular criticism.

The BBC pointed to the fact that the event has raised more than £73m for charity so far.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-39405558

• Like 1