Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is fruit eating responsible for big brains?

Claire.

Is fruit eating responsible for big brains?

Ask any biologist what makes primates special, and they’ll tell you the same thing: big brains. Those impressive noggins make it possible for primates from spider monkeys to humans to use tools, find food, and navigate the complex relationships of group living. But scientists disagree on what drove primates to evolve big brains in the first place. Now, a new study comes to an unexpected conclusion: fruit.

Read more: ScienceMag,org

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• truthseeker68

• Claire.

Top Posters In This Topic

If you actually read the article...they come to the same conclusion every other scientist has....it's because HUMANS learned to cook MEAT..!!! Animal fat and Protien is what gave Human's bigger brains...NOT Fruit. And the article is really inconclusive if that is the reason for some other Primates...hogwash really. Another Scientist getting government grants to travel the world and conduct useless studies with no real conclusions. I could have told you all of that without ever leaving my living room.

These are the kinds of things I HATE about scientist's...I love Science...but I hate these wannabe's who go out in the Jungles or the Desert and have themselves a little vacation on Government funds and submit a silly paper of some useless study that usually has no real conclusion...only speculation. Well...you can write a frick'n theory sitting at home....DOH..!!!