Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Hi I'm new. I have a question.

Laminor87

Hi everyone! I'm new here and from the Houston,Tx area. I have been told by many that I have high vibrational energy. I was weired out yesterday by a random woman that stopped me while I was walking. She rold me she fells my high energy and wanted to touch my forehead. I didn't like her energy so I told her no. Why did she want to touch my forehead?

• Like 1

That is most unusual. Maybe she wanted to experience your energy. I do believe we all possess varying levels of prana/qi energy. Are you an unusually high energy person? Do you require less sleep than others to recharge your energy?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Laminor87 said:

Hi everyone! I'm new here and from the Houston,Tx area. I have been told by many that I have high vibrational energy. I was weired out yesterday by a random woman that stopped me while I was walking. She rold me she fells my high energy and wanted to touch my forehead. I didn't like her energy so I told her no. Why did she want to touch my forehead?

What are you worried about exactly?

I don't require much sleep. For sleep I pretty much meditate the whole night and I can start my day full of energy. 

I was just wanting to know why she wanted to touch my forehead. 

• Like 1

When being hypnotized, the guy who was doing the show kept tapping us in our forehead. It was right where our "3rd eye" is positioned.  

Now, depending on who you talk to, she could have thought she was helping you by dispersing your excess energy, or she wanted to steal it for herself.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Laminor87 said:

I don't require much sleep. For sleep I pretty much meditate the whole night and I can start my day full of energy. 

No one can meditate in lieu of sleep and start the next day full of energy. Indeed, no one can meditate in lieu of sleep period. Unless you're a diagnosed short sleeper and need just a few short hours each day/night, you, like everyone, else, sleeps not meditates.

As for 'high vibrational energy', that's just New Age hooey. Yeah sure they can twist Einstein's theories this way and that in an attempt to make the concept viable (and sell more books), but no, it has nothing to do with physics. Indeed, there is no scientific basis to it whatsoever. That person was not attracted to your 'high energy'.  My best guess is that she's either a bit of a nut job, or that her actions were a lead up to some sort of scam.

• Like 1

Just now, Claire. said:

No one can meditate in lieu of sleep and start the next day full of energy. Indeed, no one can meditate in lieu of sleep period. Unless you're a diagnosed short sleeper and need just a few short hours each day/night, you, like everyone, else, sleeps not meditates.

As for 'high vibrational energy', that's just New Age hooey. Yeah sure they can twist Einstein's theories this way and that in an attempt to make the concept viable (and sell more books), but no, it has nothing to do with physics. Indeed, there is no scientific basis to it whatsoever. That person was not attracted to your 'high energy'.  My best guess is that she's either a bit of a nut job, or that her actions were a lead up to some sort of scam.

Yes, quite often people try out an approach like this to get contact so they can try to move into your life.  Like I said about the 3rd eye, there are talented people who can say the right words to put a suggestion in your mind.  Hypnotism isn't always like in the shows where the patient is guided into a trance.  She could have wanted to see if you were susceptible.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, glorybebe said:

Yes, quite often people try out an approach like this to get contact so they can try to move into your life.  Like I said about the 3rd eye, there are talented people who can say the right words to put a suggestion in your mind.  Hypnotism isn't always like in the shows where the patient is guided into a trance.  She could have wanted to see if you were susceptible.  

Either that, or... gullible.

• Like 1

The lady told me she had psychic abilities. Then she wanted to touch me. I just said no. I just found that weird. So I posted on here to ask that question because I just wanted to know if some harm could had been done to me from her touching my forehead. 

Edited by Laminor87
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Laminor87 said:

Now that would be a high energy type in my understanding. Just so you know, some people believe in the existence of prana/qi energy outside the understanding of physical science and some don't. I happen to be a believer.

• Like 2

I also believe in the prana/qi energy. 

• Like 1

Just now, Laminor87 said:

The lady told me she had psychic abilities. Then she wanted to touch me. I just said no. I just found that weird. So I posted on here to ask that question. 

There are a lot of people who are professional scammers.  This is one way to contact possible marks.  Anyone with any real talent would not approach you in this way.  When I was younger, I was vulnerable.  I left home the moment I turned 18 and some people could read that.  There were certain ones who thought to use me if they could appeal to the unsure girl I was.  I learned a lot about how people want to use and/or abuse others by appealing to their curiosity or lack of knowledge.  

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Laminor87 said:

The lady told me she had psychic abilities. Then she wanted to touch me. I just said no. I just found that weird. So I posted on here to ask that question because I just wanted to know if some harm could had been done to me from her touching my forehead. 

Who knows? I was guessing she might be psychic to recognize your higher energy.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Laminor87 said:

The lady told me she had psychic abilities. Then she wanted to touch me. I just said no. I just found that weird. So I posted on here to ask that question. 

She wanted to either scam you or steal from you. It's a common, well-known, ruse. Had you allowed her to touch you, she would have then given you some woo bull and then she would have asked to touch something you were wearing, such as a piece of jewelry. The objective being to get you to remove it so that she could 'read' your energy from it. Seconds later she would have disappeared along with your jewelry.

Edit - In answer to the question you added in an edit, no, no one can hurt you by touching your forehead. Worse case scenario: germs.

Edited by Claire.
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, Laminor87 said:

The mostly likely probability to me is that she meant no harm but that she is just one of those psychic types that are a little different.

• Like 1

I am one of those people who kills watches and batteries.  Through reading I have found a scientific explanation regarding this.  My pH balance is off in my body.  I need to balance it.

Now, just let's say that you have excess energy in your body. Why the hell would you want someone to take it?  If it is part of your life force, it needs to be left alone.  

Either way, whichever you believe, the woman wanted to take something from you.  I still think it was a scam that she was playing.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, papageorge1 said:

The mostly likely probability to me is that she meant no harm but that she is just one of those psychic types that are a little different.

The likelihood of that stranger meaning harm is far greater than not. Everyone should be extremely cautious in situations like that and never ever fall for whatever nonsense these people come up with. Police issue warnings about these types of scams on a regular basis. They are nothing new.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Laminor87 said:

If that's your real picture I can guess why someone would want to touch your forehead  B)

22 minutes ago, Claire. said:

The likelihood of that stranger meaning harm is far greater than not. Everyone should be extremely cautious in situations like that and never ever fall for whatever nonsense these people come up with. Police issue warnings about these types of scams on a regular basis. They are nothing new.

What you say is possible, but we have a different opinion on likeliness in this particular case. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Claire. said:

Edit - In answer to the question you added in an edit, no, no one can hurt you by touching your forehead. Worse case scenario: germs.

It all depends what they touch you with, if it's a powder puff then no, if it's an axe then that's a different story. 

1 hour ago, Laminor87 said:

I was just wanting to know why she wanted to touch my forehead. 

You were accosted in the street, she might have just been a bit strange, or as Claire says, she might have been a scammer. Either is likely, but I'd go with scammer. 

• Like 1