Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Police woman confiscates daffodils from girls

Still Waters

A video has been released showing the moment a female police officer confiscated daffodils from a pair of schoolgirls - who had picked them for their gran on Mother's Day.

Dad David Taylor, 31, was going to visit his mum when his two young daughters asked if they could pick the flowers for her.

But Rosemary, ten, and five-year-old Emily were left devastated when a police officer arrived and ordered them to hand over the 27 daffodils.

Carpenter David decided to film his confrontation with the female officer as his upset daughters sat in the car.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/03/27/police-officer-confiscates-daffodils-girls-picked-mothers-day/

• Like 1

Given the age of the children, it was somewhat heavy handed to confiscate them wasn't it?  It could leave a traumatic memory on the daughters.  

Are the police paid commission?

This event reminded me of a time when 6 of us (hippies....shhh) were found 'in possession' of daffodils which were confiscated. (We kind of..er...'collected' them but then we were high!)  The case went to court - unbelievable - with the said flowers....straight out of a Python sketch! :yes:   

• Like 3

I read about this earlier.  He was wrong.  The children picked flowers where they shouldn't have.  But, like he said, give him a fine and let the girls keep the flowers.  I like how the flowers ended up in a care home so they didn't go to waste.  The cynical part of me wonders if the police officer had a relative in that home that received the flowers.

• Like 2

The guy shouldn't have allowed his girls to pick the daffodils in the first place, however the police woman was a bit heavy handed I feel taking them off them. She could have just made it clear to them that they were in the wrong to pick them but let them keep them anyway with a promise that they wouldn't do it again, although I blame their father not the girls. I'm not sure how I feel about him filming the incident, it seems a bit rude to me. Basically she was only doing her job whether he liked it or not, and if he was willing to pay a fine he would have been as well buying some flowers, they're not that expensive.

I was glad the daffodils didn't go to waste as well. Giving them to a care home was a good idea, I'm sure they would have been appreciated.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, glorybebe said:

I read about this earlier.  He was wrong.  The children picked flowers where they shouldn't have.  But, like he said, give him a fine and let the girls keep the flowers.  I like how the flowers ended up in a care home so they didn't go to waste.  The cynical part of me wonders if the police officer had a relative in that home that received the flowers.

I can understand that the kids shouldn't keep what was unlawfully taken by them. 

A big fuss over a trifle.

(Britain must be teeming with criminals if it's a crime to pick a daffodil from a public park or public verge}

• Like 1