Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

U.S.-backed forces capture Tabqa airport

bmk1245

Assad and Putin are cut out of the same cloth.  Also, Russia has major military investment there.

I have to wonder about Trump's attack on the airbase in Syria.  It had no noticeable effect -- probably because the US warned the Russians who of course in turn warned the Syrians so all the planes were gone (or something like that).  Big show to make Trump look like he's reacting when in fact it was just a big show.  America is being conned again.

The defeat of ISIS will happen, at great suffering.  The Russians want Assad and Trump will go along.  After all, they got him elected.  (It might happen that the Russians will abandon Assad -- that he is too much for even them, but I would not expect that so long as Putin is around).

A no-flight zone for all of Syria, properly enforced, is about the only thing (short of Assad winning) that will bring this to an end, and an Assad victory would only mean more suffering as he extracts vengeance on the majority of the population who detest him.

Except for the Kurds, I don't think anyone wants to see US troops in there, but that turned out to be necessary in Iraq, so who knows what will eventually happen.  If this were necessary I don't think Trump would do it no matter what.

• Like 1

On 4/7/2017 at 11:26 PM, Tatetopa said:

All of those countries hate liberals Ella.  They are all ultra conservative alt=right regimes.  You have divided the world into two pieces; good and evil.  Then you confound it with conservative and liberal.  Everything good that happens is conservative, all the evil people line up with liberals.  Most of the famous dictators like Hitler for example had conservative leanings, not liberal.

Still, its a small matter, have a good day. 

China seems to have no other choice but to be fair with the U.S.A  now. Actually even NATO is functioning properly now.

4 hours ago, Ellapennella said:

@ Tateopa, No, I don't see the world exactly how you say I do

I know, I get carried away sometimes.  Sometimes simplicity is a good thing.  Dropping a big bomb on ISIS hidden bunkers and tunnels is a simple and probably good thing.  Sending a message about chemical weapons by blowing up the Syrian airbase they came from is simple and direct.  We don't have to care about Syrian refugees or want them in our country to enforce a ban on chemical weapons.  President Trump was involved in those decisions, he did OK.  I don't think China and NATO  are far enough along to see how they will come out.

• 1 month later...