Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

My rare but cool ability

Guest Triton401

Guest Triton401

Hey everyone. I've been into meditation since about 2012. I'm pretty good at it and I can get into a deep relaxed state quite quickly. Starting around 2013 I noticed something. When I get into a certain state and I focus on an individual they have incredibly good things happen to them in their lives. I've seen people get into lasting relationships, jobs promotions, and other great things. The crazy thing is that it works from any distance. I was in Australia towards the end of the summer and still helped a friend get into a relationship from the other side of the world. She had no clue I was using my ability to help her. The only down side is that I can only do it every few weeks. I think the ability needs to recharge. I've been searching the internet and I can't find anyone else with this ability. I'm curious if anyone knows what it is and what to call it. 

58 minutes ago, Triton401 said:

Hey everyone. I've been into meditation since about 2012. I'm pretty good at it and I can get into a deep relaxed state quite quickly. Starting around 2013 I noticed something. When I get into a certain state and I focus on an individual they have incredibly good things happen to them in their lives. I've seen people get into lasting relationships, jobs promotions, and other great things. The crazy thing is that it works from any distance. I was in Australia towards the end of the summer and still helped a friend get into a relationship from the other side of the world. She had no clue I was using my ability to help her. The only down side is that I can only do it every few weeks. I think the ability needs to recharge. I've been searching the internet and I can't find anyone else with this ability. I'm curious if anyone knows what it is and what to call it. 

...In other words it is a random effect without any causality except what you infer?

Sorry - forgot to say welcome to UM, you will gather that we are not all believers, but don't let us "grumpy old G*ts" dissuade you from posting because we all like to hear different thought processes to what we are used to :tu:

Edited by keithisco
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Triton401 said:

Meditation is good for stress relief so keep at that. However this sounds like a lot of cognitive and confirmation bias to me. 

while reading about missing people or viewing about them i get mental pictures , sometimes i see there picture or  i see a place and it seems to have something to do with them and it was really troubling sometimes. ive always had this but not until recently have i paid any attention to it . a local guy had gone missing and i was added to a facebook group his mother had made looking for him and i felt so bad that i checked the page regularly hoping she would find him safe but i had this picture that is was in the woods just off the road and i had this feeling like i wanted to found so bad and he was so close to the road but he could'nt get found . i felt so strong about this that when his dissappearance came up in disscussion i actually started telling people there opinions were wrong and even told my wife that i felt he was just off in the woods close to the road in a remote location and had stated where i thought and after 2 years his remains where found just in the woods on a side road and i was beside myself and now when i get these pictures while seeing missing people cases and what not i don't know how to deal with it so i keep my mouth shut and get weirded out . just an average guy that works and has kids and doesnt know how to deal with this . i recently seen the story in the states about the missing girls killed that snapped the photo of her killer and recorded it and i keep seeing this river that i assume they where found by and a german shepard drinking from the river and feel it has something to do with there murder , like the guy who had did it regularly walked his german shepard there and when i see the pic of him i can pic the dog collar rolled up in his jacket pocket .anyway i guess it was also bothering me not telling anyone how i felt but im probaby wrong and just nutz.