Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Dream About Monsters

VerdeICe

So this dream played out like a very bad comedy. I dont remember most of it, only the end. There were several children trapped in the basment of some house in the middle of nothing. Up stairs there were many demons and mosnters. They were various sizes and colors. The kids were tought at some point that monsters do not reconize humans in costume so they dressed up to escape> I didnt see how they looked at that point, the dream shifted to an evil man. The evil man was visted by an evil spirit who informed him that the kids escaped, he then showed the man a vision of how. 

This vision showed one of the kids wearing nothing but a full sized crab taped to his crotch. He then told the man that " A monsters eyes can not regonize boy with crab on dong." 

I dont know how to interpet this dream. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

lol yes you do.

Only you know  (can interpret) the symbolic representations of actual things in your life  I could do both a serious and a very humorous interpretation pf this dream  for you, but only you can work out what each symbol means to you   The good news is that your mind has devised a stratagem to deal with "the monsters" which inhabit your life (or mind)  it is also significant that you describe the dream as a bad comedy, so while it might be important to you, it is not the stuff of nightmares. 

Every single element you have described in this brief summary has meaning.  Ask yourself, why a basement?  Why  is the house isolated from everything  ( Do you feel isolated or cut off from others? Do you think you have no one you can trust to talk to about things?  )    Ask yourself, in your life now, what are the demons and monsters you face?. They might be people, or changes in your life, or inner fears involving  self esteem courage etc. They dont have to be huge things, but they could be, like starting a new school changing houses or starting a new relationship.    

Think about one coloured monster Why has your mind allocated that colour to that monster?  What does the colour represent in your mind?

. while nudity can represent insecurity or a generalised fear, rather than  sexuality i think there is a sexual element quite obvious in this dream. Again only you can know and identify what minor or major sexual crisis you are facing. (and it may not be an obviously sexual dilemma your mind might just be representing it in sexual symbols)

there is a fascinating symbology in your last description  even the fact that it is a crab is significant,  but not knowing you, i cant say just what it is.  clearly your mind is saying this monster can be kept at bay by subterfuge and perhaps denial, It is possible tha there is an element of sexual repression at work here (very freudian )  but it might just a s easily be something different.  Sexuality can also be tied by the subconscious to self confidence or other aspects of identity . For example the concept of a costume suggests a person who is pretending to be something they are not  (in this case, to avoid a monster who can't recognise who they are in a costume.  The costume might actually be a pretense or act maintained  by the person to avoid unwanted consequences)  

A nude self is a vulnerable, unprotected self.  Even  a crab covering  ones genitals is a significant improvement on being naked and vulnerable (both emotionally and physically) But why a crab.  One answer is obvious ,but I am not even going to go anywhere near that one.   A more subtle answer would depend on what symbology a crab represents in your subconscious mind.  Why a crab, and not a sun flower, or a cat ?   :) Does this crab have large, powerful pincers? LOL you didn't happen to have crab meat for a meal recently, did you?  sometimes something a s minor a s tha t can figure significantly in a dream.  

Edited by Mr Walker
  • Like 1