Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Group films UFOs in Nevada

Farmer77

This is an interesting video for sure. The videographer claims there were 5 folks out looking for UFO activity around Nellis AFB when they captured some amazing footage from across town. 

Group of People Film Multiple UFOs in the Nevada Desert 

• Like 1

amazingly the guy also has loads more ufo vids... on his yt channel, even one 'near his home'

How lucky can one man be with his video camera, do look

https://www.youtube.com/user/lasvegasbronco/videos

• Like 1

1 minute ago, seeder said:

amazingly the guy also has loads more ufo vids... on his yt channel, even one 'near his home'

How lucky can one man be with his video camera, do look

https://www.youtube.com/user/lasvegasbronco/videos

While I agree that normally thats shady , living in the desert - particularly where he does just south of Area51 - there is a lot of activity in the skies. 

Sorry, farmer but that guy checks too many boxes on the hoaxer list.  A few of them:

- no zoom used - why didn't he ever zoom in/out?  It did seem that he mucked around with brightness levels, but nowhere near enough..

- lots of other similar videos, fancy titles, but consistently crappy quality video, plus background music...  On another of his videos, he shows what is clearly a still image and uses a 'shimmer' effect over the top of it to make it look like video - you can tell by the total lack of movement of the moon and clouds *and* the complete lack of moving lights anywhere in the city - the whole scene just flickers - this guy is a bull**** artist.

- brightness of 'things' do not match brightness changes (note when foreground goes lighter, the things don't change at all - in other words dare I suggest he only knows how to get his video editing software to motion track, not exposure track...)

- what appear to be exactly repeated 'moves' by the objects, especially the passing 'bugs'

- he had a fricking hour and a quarter but didn't want to move closer?

- there is clearly a city/town in that direction, that would have had a much clearer/closer view - so where's the corroborating videos?  Do you really think this wouldn't be noticed by dozens (more likely hundreds and then thousands when it hit social media?)

- haven't thoroughly checked this, but I think his footage is looped - it seems to stay at a strangely consistent brightness for over an hour, presumably at dusk...

- where did they come from and go?  When they were driving to this point they didn't notice when/how they first appeared?  Then at the 'end' they didn't want to keep watching and just left...?  Give me a break..

And as seeder rightly points out, golly gosh he's so lucky, and no-one else has corroborated a single sighting..

Edited by ChrLzs
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, ChrLzs said:

Sorry, farmer but that guy checks too many boxes on the hoaxer list.  A few of them:

- no zoom used - why didn't he ever zoom in/out?  It did seem that he mucked around with brightness levels, but nowhere near enough..

- lots of other similar videos, fancy titles, but consistently crappy quality video, plus background music...  One one of another of his videos, he shows what is clearly a still image and uses a 'shimmer' effect over the top of it to make it look like video - you can tell by the total lack of movement of the moon and clouds *and* the complete lack of moving lights anywhere in the city - the whole scene just flickers - this guy is a bull**** artist.

- brightness of 'things' do not match brightness changes (note when foreground goes lighter, the things don't change at all - in other words dare I suggest he only knows how to get his video editing software to motion track, not exposure track...)

- what appear to be exactly repeated 'moves' by the objects, especially the passing 'bugs'

- he had a fricking hour and a quarter but didn't want to move closer?

- there is clearly a city/town in that direction, that would have had a much clearer/closer view - so where's the corroborating videos?  Do you really think this wouldn't be noticed by dozens (more likely hundreds and then thousands when it hit social media?)

- haven't thoroughly checked this, but I think his footage is looped - it seems to stay at a strangely consistent brightness for over an hour, presumably at dusk...

- where did they come from and go?  When they were driving to this point they didn't notice when/how they first appeared?  Then at the 'end' they didn't want to keep watching and just left...?  Give me a break..

And as seeder rightly points out, golly gosh he's so lucky, and no-one else has corroborated a single sighting..

Dude its over looking Vegas, I honestly expected someone to have provided an explanation by now, or shown the technology used for the hoax. 

That said if I had began recording every weird anomaly I saw in the sky since I moved to the desert , near where this dude is, I would have a handful of quality videos , one of which would have been definitive so Im not as quick to dismiss the video off hand. I do however have to defer to the technical expertise of those such as yourself. 

33 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Dude its over looking Vegas, I honestly expected someone to have provided an explanation by now, or shown the technology used for the hoax.

I'm sorry, I assumed you were aware of just how easy it is to get into video editing.  Programs like After Effects and many similar (some free) alternatives allow you to add 'things' to your video footage.  The software 'motion tracks' your image so if it shakes or moves, the 'things' shake or move in the right way.  They have many presets including moving orbs and ufo's.  Effectively you can select what you want to add from libraries, tell it where you want them to go, and the software then makes them appear as if they were really there when you filmed your video of what was, in reality, an empty and boring sky...

And if it's over Vegas, then no explanation is necessary - it MUST be fake as thousands of people would have witnessed it.  But they didn't.  Thus, he made a fake video.

That said if I had began recording every weird anomaly I saw in the sky since I moved to the desert , near where this dude is, I would have a handful of quality videos , one of which would have been definitive so Im not as quick to dismiss the video off hand. I do however have to defer to the technical expertise of those such as yourself. 

Well, all I can say is I've lived in remote regions too (but here in Oz), and now live in the city.  For all that time I've owned pretty decent photography equipment, and I know how to use it.  I've recorded all sorts of stuff like Iridium Flares, the ISS, Lunar Eclipses and so on.  But never have I seen something looking like that (except on extremely similar effects that are on proven fake videos...).

So, if you see stuff like this regularly, please learn photography and buy yourself a decent camera and tripod.  I'm happy to help you choose stuff that won't break the bank...  Actually, I'll bet your backside that there's an astronomy club nearby.  Join it and go talk to the folks near you that DO have decent equipment.  You'll realise they are not being paid by the gov to keep quiet. :D

Edited by ChrLzs

Just now, ChrLzs said:

I'm sorry, I assumed you were aware of just how easy it is to get into video editing.  Programs like After Effects and many similar (some free) alternatives allow you to add 'things' to your video footage.  The software 'motion tracks' your image so if it shakes or moves, the 'things' shake or move in the right way.  They have many presets including moving orbs and ufo's.  Effectively you can select what you want to add from libraries, tell it where you want them to go, and the software then makes them appear as if they were really there when you filmed your video of what was, in reality and empty and boring sky...

I do know how easy it is to do, what I lack is the definitive ability to flush it out when it has been done. 

1 minute ago, ChrLzs said:

Well, all I can say is I've lived in remote regions too (but here in Oz), and now live in the city.  For all that time I've owned pretty decent photography equipment, and I know how to use it.  I've recorded all sorts of stuff like Iridium Flares, the ISS, Lunar Eclipses and so on.  But never have I seen something looking like that (except on extremely similar effects that are on proven fake videos...).

Out of all my sightings there are two which I can say for sure weren't either natural phenomenon or satellite activity , the one which ill fight to the death about was undeniable it was a giant triangle which was eventually chased to the horizon, and then back by a fleet of F-22's. I had just moved from a place where we never saw the sky clearly to the desert where the stars are almost intrusive so I was in awe in general and i timidly asked around at my new work place whether anyone had seen anything and rather non nonchalantly several people , medical professionals, all said oh yeah we see that all the time. Weirdly that lasted about 2 years and then died down. 

The other I dont think I can even describe in text - honestly and dont beat me up for this - after the fact I heard Bob Lazar describe how the technology he claimed to have been working on functioned and damnit he described what I saw to a tee. The video should start at the relevant point. Basically it was a bright orange light that seemed to stretch in a direction at its edges and then boom the whole thing was all of a sudden idk probably a 1/4 mile away in the direction it had begun stretching. It did this a succession of times before disappearing. 

11 minutes ago, ChrLzs said:

So, if you see stuff like this regularly, please learn photography and buy yourself a decent camera and tripod.  I'm happy to help you choose stuff that won't break the bank...  Actually, I'll bet your backside that there's an astronomy club nearby.  Join it and go talk to the folks near you that DO have decent equipment.  You'll realise they are not being paid by the gov to keep quiet. :D

Money is pretty well always an issue in my household but I have been considering doing some fly fishing videos , honestly when I get to the purchase point i might hit you up for some advice.