Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Woman blames car crash on Bigfoot sighting

UM-Bot

On 3/29/2017 at 0:58 PM, MWoo7 said:

Exactly what I was thinking.

You can keep going after tapping a deer and the chances of it landing in your passenger seat is rare.  Reports said tensed woman so , she was really really tensed? I suppose, after seeing that in a mirror back there running around I'd be like YIKES! scary-smiley.gif?1292867668and punching the gas down GO ! then again, if I was partial to wine among other things -- I'd have a better story.

I tapped one that jumped in front of my car as I was slowing down, almost stopped, for a stop sign...it fell down, got up and ran away...what you said reminded me of the worst I ever saw. Got to a friends house right after her brother and his friend were brought home after a deer accident. I guess they came around a bend, deer was in the road, it panicked and jumped AT the car coming hooves first thru the windshield. These two were darn lucky hooves missed them both. We were in high school at the time....both of them were just sitting on the couch, in shock, wrapped in blankets and shaking....never forgot it!

• Like 1

The closest I ever came to hitting a deer was in Pennsylvania while visiting civil war battle sights on my way back from Buffalo to Virginia.  We (ex-wife and me) were on a back road heading to Chambersburg, PA.  A doe jumped out in front of us moving right to left while we were traveling at 60 MPH.  I veered to the right aiming for where she was knowing she would keep moving to left and it worked but just as I thought we were good a fawn popped out following Mom and I was aimed right at it so I cranked back to the left hoping to go between Mom and baby but Mom, being a wonderful guardian, turned around for the fawn (the ex is screaming the whole time BTW) so I turned all the way to the left to go behind Mom but was headed right for the guard rail in our brand new car.  Hit the brakes enough to slide, cranked  it back right, just missing mama's butt and praying I was correct that no one was in the other lane, hit the gas and slid her back on track with mama and baby safely in the rear view.  

Maybe all of three or four seconds that seemed like an hour.  I was pumped!  Incredible driving with perfect skills etc, etc. and looked over at the ex for my most deserved applause when she began screaming at me for almost hitting a baby deer, crashing the car and scaring the F out of her, none of which happened (except for the scaring the hell out of her)!   I'm still proud of that bit of driving and the ex is long gone. :D

• Like 4

Ive never hit a deer but I have hit a moose. I was only doing 40 or so on a two lane road when two moose jumped into the road, one right in front of me the other actually ran smack into the bed of my truck. The one in front of me unfortunately had his head and front shoulders come through my windshield. As the truck rolled to a stop that thing extricated itself and took off into the woods. I was p***ed damn thing destroyed my truck and gave me a dirty look as it walked away. 

• Like 3

I wonder if an automated (driver-less) car would recognize a Bigfoot or not.  I did read about one such car that came to a stop when it encountered a woman in a wheel chair going round and round and round in the middle of a highway.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Ive never hit a deer but I have hit a moose. I was only doing 40 or so on a two lane road when two moose jumped into the road, one right in front of me the other actually ran smack into the bed of my truck. The one in front of me unfortunately had his head and front shoulders come through my windshield. As the truck rolled to a stop that thing extricated itself and took off into the woods. I was p***ed damn thing destroyed my truck and gave me a dirty look as it walked away. 

HS!!! Moose and deer aren't in the same category!  Glad you survived mate.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Merc14 said:

I believe there is so much competition to get the news out first today that the news directors leap before they know all the facts and end up looking foolish.

I believe they should put THAT ! in the news hahahaha!  

"Yes yes this is what we have today but tomorrow it will likely be completely opposite! or not even close or well ah hmm actually we were NOT EVEN THERE FOLKS!  Tune in tomorrow for the latest in the buzz around new wave fad couture designs. ON THE HOUR! in the hour! *tah-dum-dum-dum* "

• Like 2

On 3/29/2017 at 4:40 AM, oldrover said:

Well of course they can. Not existing means they benefit from very little wind resistance. 

S A V A G E

• Like 1