Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

New population of rare tigers found

Still Waters

A new breeding population of the critically endangered Indochinese tiger has been found in a national park in eastern Thailand, conservationists say.

Camera traps discovered a small population with at least six cubs in the jungle.

Poaching and the loss of habitat has reduced the global population of the sub-species to under 250.

Conservationists said the success was due to the stepping-up of anti-poaching efforts in Thailand.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-39423053

• Like 8

I think the miraculous part is that some "hunter" hasn't made a trophy of them yet. The rhino wasn't even safe in the zoo.

(edited because the text didn't all show up)

Edited by strunk64
  • Like 5

I remember a story(when I was in the USMC many years ago) told to me by an old Gunnery Sergeant about some Marines in Vietnam that set up an ambush on a trail in the very early morning hours. During an ambush, you have to have  absolute silence and no moving  about. Sometime during the night one of the Marines was suddenly grabbed by one of his legs and began to be dragged backwards. It turned out to be a Bengal Tiger. He tried stabbing the tiger with his Ka-Bar knife subsequently scaring it away and not giving away their position.

A fantasic story, not sure if it was  an urban myth or not,  but I'm convinced that a lot of larger than life experiences happened in that insane war we had  over in "The Nam"

• Like 1

Awesome! Any animal species recovering their numbers and reclaiming their environment is good news.

On 30/03/2017 at 7:18 PM, seanjo said:

And at least one male somewhere if there are cubs.

I wouldn't use the word miraculous.

Well it's Lion Jesus, not Tiger Jesus, haven't you read the Narnia books?

Though the is an old poem called "Christ the Tiger"

Edited by Orphalesion