Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Major Mysterious Wet Spot On Couch

Intrigued Bystander

1 hour ago, LV-426 said:

If I had to hazard a guess - which is all anyone can do with the little evidence we have - I'd say one of the roommates had an accident while napping on the couch, and was too embarrassed to admit to it. They then threw the blanket over the wet spot and acted as surprised as everyone else when it was discovered.

Anyone who's owned pets will also be able to tell you that when it comes to pee... a little goes a long way :yes:

What if was the ghost of the couches previous owner who pee'd on it????:blink:

3 hours ago, toast said:

Wow. Just wow.

hmmm.gif  ..... has my vote.
Oh thought its was deleted imagine that go figure! """"""abcurds on the floor?!?!organisten-smiley.gif?1292867648 "" PARA~~~~~~!!!! *echo end of loud organ sound* YOU KNOW IT! no doubt about it, well Jinkies Fred we'd better post it to Psychlo-pedia ! ""cartoon_047.gif
test only:::med3d-fille5.gif

Edited by MWoo7
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, moonman said:

I'm not going to waste any more time trying to reason with you. If you want to think something like this with a simple physical explanation is paranormal, have fun in la-la land with the other nutters.

Errr....when did I ever say I think it was paranormal? It's all Logic 101 to me (the meaning of 'possibly')

Edited by papageorge1

3 minutes ago, oldrover said:

I think we're all ignoring the obvious here, it was probably ectoplasm.

It's possible

• Like 2

What I would like to know is if you ever got anyone from maintenance to check it out? Did you report a leak to anyone? Did security report it to anyone? And did you say there are upstairs neighbors? If so, has anyone talked to them? Did maintenance look at that apartment? 

7 hours ago, Intrigued Bystander said:

We moved the couch over to the left to lift up the carpet. The couch was directly over where the stain on the carpet is. Also, it might not be pee, but it sure smelled like it and stunk up the whole apartment. And it was not dried in this picture - it was still wet that night when I took the picture. 

Given that several folks have asked about what was above it, what was on the wall, etc, etc, you didn't think until now to tell us that isn't where the couch was? :td: I'm out.  Good luck.

2 hours ago, ChrLzs said:

Given that several folks have asked about what was above it, what was on the wall, etc, etc, you didn't think until now to tell us that isn't where the couch was? :td: I'm out.  Good luck.

I'm not sure where your misunderstanding is coming from. I said we moved the couch off of the carpet to lift up the carpet to see if there was a stain or something underneath. The picture is of the underneath of the carpet and the couch moved over a little bit. Therefore, the couch was directly on the carpet that is shown......but thanks anyway. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Intrigued Bystander said:

I'm not sure where your misunderstanding is coming from. I said we moved the couch off of the carpet to lift up the carpet to see if there was a stain or something underneath. The picture is of the underneath of the carpet and the couch moved over a little bit. Therefore, the couch was directly on the carpet that is shown......but thanks anyway. 

Unfortunately that is what happens on this forum. The mockers and naysayers  are the most prolific members.

But anyway, these things are hard to resolve.  I assume you are saying no normal explanations make sense here.

Edited by papageorge1
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Unfortunately that is what happens on this forum. The mockers and naysayers  are the most prolific members.

But anyway, these things are hard to resolve.  I assume you are saying no normal explanations make sense here.

But it would be nice if the OP woukd actually answer questions that were asked. Kinda makes you think they down really want a rational explanation for what it could be. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, SecretSanta said:

But it would be nice if the OP woukd actually answer questions that were asked. Kinda makes you think they down really want a rational explanation for what it could be. 

1. Why would I post this if I don't want answers? I would LOVE a rational explanation. 

2. What questions have I not answered? There's no evidence of anything you are suggesting about the issue at hand. 

49 minutes ago, SecretSanta said:

Ummm......the OP is co-operating as far as I can see.

• Like 1

You mean nobody has fessed up by now ?!!?!?! good grief.  I mean if the windows were not left open.
If there is not a dog
If there is no a cat.
How did something fall off the shelf there then?!?!?!?

Edited by MWoo7

On ‎3‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 6:28 PM, SecretSanta said:

Looks like there is a kitchen behind where the couch is located. Are there apartments above you? Same layout? Where is the sink? 

16 hours ago, SecretSanta said:

What I would like to know is if you ever got anyone from maintenance to check it out? Did you report a leak to anyone? Did security report it to anyone? And did you say there are upstairs neighbors? If so, has anyone talked to them? Did maintenance look at that apartment? 

Maybe you'll answer these questions...

I am coming late to this but the average human bladder holds around 600ml.  A typical cat or dog, much, much less.  With the amount that would still be held in the fabric of the sofa, that looks to be a lot more than 500 or 600 ml.

Also, whatever the sofa and carpet are made of, it is most likely that you can smell and not pee.  Lots of substances smell nasty when wet but are more or less odour free when dry.

As to the source of the liquid, that I am not qualified to comment on!  Good luck.

Gonna wager a quick guess and say that someone spilled water on the couch and tried to cover it up with the blanket. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, SecretSanta said:

Maybe you'll answer these questions...

No maintenance has not come. Yes there is a kitchen behind the couch. The RA lives directly above them and there is nothing wrong with her floor or room. The layout is the same - the sink is on the other side of the room. Sorry I missed a couple. 

Also, there is no leak. If there was, I wouldn't have even posted this. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Gonna wager a quick guess and say that someone spilled water on the couch and tried to cover it up with the blanket. 

That much water?

• Like 1

Just now, Intrigued Bystander said:

That much water?

Depends on the bottle. I mean it's just an idea. I've already mentioned it might be the side effects of a leaking roof. Other than paranormal speculations (which I don't invest in) I can't think of too much more.

• Like 1

On 3/28/2017 at 11:25 PM, ChrLzs said:

A couple of observations:

1. the image showing the folded carpet does not match the location of the chair - there is clearly no wall at the far end of the sofa, so if you unfold the carpet the geometry isn't right.  Please show a much wider shot that includes all of the items.  If you don't have a wide enough lens, go grab a wide angle mirror for $2 at a disposals shop and use that to get an image..

2. The stain pattern doesn't look at all right for the timeframe - the dark line around it suggest both the inside and the outside have fully dried.  Also, the inside of the 'stain' seems cleaner/lighter than the outside - that suggests it was not urine and might even have been a mild detergent solution - perhaps a leaky bucket that was used for cleaning..?

Anyway, it will have a simple, mundane explanation, no matter how much the paranormal is the desired outcome.  Call me boring.

That's like Sherlock Holmes levels of investigation right there xD. I think this brings us closer to our conclusion.

47 minutes ago, Hi-NRG Eurobeat Man said:

(Quoting ChrLzs:)1. the image showing the folded carpet does not match the location of the chair - there is clearly no wall at the far end of the sofa, so if you unfold the carpet the geometry isn't right.  Please show a much wider shot that includes all of the items.

THIS is the main question that should be answered, with an image showing a wide view of the layout - the location of the carpet and the sofa do NOT match the description at all.