Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Stephen King's 'IT' Remake!

seeder

The first was a good movie.... now number 2 is here

New Stephen King’s ‘It’ pictures released as director teases trailer

Three new pictures from the film remake of Stephen King’s It have been released by Warner Bros.

One shows the new Pennywise the clown played by Bill Skarsgård. The others show the teen cast of the eagerly-anticipated film.
http://www.nme.com/news/film/new-pictures-from-stephen-kings-it-remake-released-as-director-teases-trailer-2029176#0o1R8Rk34ekRtds0.99

• Like 3

I was about 5 or 6 and my sister and her best friend decided to put the movie on......... IT scared me for life. 2011 3 of my nieces and a friend of theirs decided to watch it when I was over 22 year old me still got scared. I don't see how anyone can out do Tim Curry. I'm sure horror movie lovers will like it :) 

• Like 6

They should leave King's better made titles alone and redo all those that were badly done ... that would make more sense ~

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, third_eye said:

They should leave King's better made titles alone and redo all those that were badly done ... that would make more sense ~

Am I in small company if I'd say that IT was a crap movie? I liked it when I was young but as an adult in recent years I was surprised how bad I thought it was upon rewatching. I wouldn't mind giving the new one a shot though. Stephen King movies are either really good or really bad and rarely fall in between except for maybe The Stand was so good yet so so bad. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, F3SS said:

Am I in small company if I'd say that IT was a crap movie? I liked it when I was young but as an adult in recent years I was surprised how bad I thought it was upon rewatching. I wouldn't mind giving the new one a shot though. Stephen King movies are either really good or really bad and rarely fall in between except for maybe The Stand was so good yet so so bad. 

It's hard to say really, most of King's hits were ahead of its time back in its days, which of course by today's standards would be outdated. IT was one of the better ones though I wouldn't say among the greats, call me nuts too but I rate 'Carrie' among one of the better made titles, the '70s Sissy Spacek and cast version.

Shawshank, Green Mile, Hearts in Atlantis, Misery and of course The Shining ... the stories are never really that different in some ways which is one of the reasons why I think why Hollywood have a hard time trying adapting his better hit Titles ...

~

• Like 3

I'd add The Dead Zone, probably Thinners, definitely Christine is a classic well done. Creepshow is still good. Storm of the Century was pretty good. The Mist was good too. There's so many. You're right about some of his early movies being ahead of their time. That's a good description. I remember watching the Langoliers on tv when it came out. It was definitely trying to be ahead of its time with all the crappy cgi but it sucked. 

Edited by F3SS
  • Like 5

Well ... like I always say to a pal of mine who is a King acolyte ... if there's one thing quite apparent in the big picture, is that its a case of too much of a good thing makes plenty has to go bad, else wise the best won't rise to the top

:yes:

~

• Like 3

9 hours ago, F3SS said:

I recently recorded "It"and was excited to watch it again after all these years. I couldn't do it. It was awful. I remembered it being so much better. 

I will definitely watch the remake.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

The original was made for TV and it shows. It still came out better than average in comparison with most post-Shining King adaptions though. As with The Shining, there was enough stuff left out from the book that there's potential to have it  be an entirely different movie.

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

Just got back from seeing the movie.  I thought it was awesome. Creepy and genuinely scary.

Edited by SecretSanta
  • Like 3

One King adaptation to put very firmly in the horrible adaptation column is 11/22/63. It was adapted for Hulu, with multiple two-hour parts so I figured it would be a very detailed adaptation. They rearranged the whole book!!!!

On 9/9/2017 at 5:56 PM, SecretSanta said:

Just got back from seeing the movie.  I thought it was awesome. Creepy and genuinely scary.

Going to see it saturday :tu:

Heard the sequal is already been given the green light,which i find kinda hard to believe wasn't already started as it is a 2 part story to begin with lol

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, CrimsonKing said:

Going to see it saturday :tu:

Heard the sequal is already been given the green light,which i find kinda hard to believe wasn't already started as it is a 2 part story to begin with lol

I wonder who they'll get to play the adults. I hope they film soon because from what I heard it'll include flash backs to the kids. Definitely don't want them to look much different than they are now.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, SecretSanta said:

I wonder who they'll get to play the adults. I hope they film soon because from what I heard it'll include flash backs to the kids. Definitely don't want them to look much different than they are now.

Yeah i hope they get the casting right,that is what has ruined some of Kings past works...

I didn't see it but heard even with the big names "The Dark Tower" was not a good adaption :hmm:

I know some of Kings books can be hard to bring to the big screen,but totally changing the stories and keeping the names doesn't do anyone any good lol

Edited by CrimsonKing
  • Like 3

I have no doubt this will be scary and really good. But of course there is just something about Tim Curry being the original Pennywise. Curry was able to hid his evil under the disguise of humor and just an ordinary everyday looking clown, that to me made him even more creepy and scary. In the remake it just seems the evil of Pennywise is a given just by the way he looks. 

• Like 3

They've been showing the trailer on tv and in the cinema here, it seems like they've changed parts. In the trailer it sounds like they changed a famous line and had another character say it in a different way.

Personally I think Tim Curry when I think Pennywise, something about the way he played the role sticks with you years later.

• Like 3