Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Putin meets Le Pen

Michelle

Russian President Vladimir Putin stressed the "great importance" of ties between his country and France as he met French far-right presidential candidate Marine Le Pen at the Kremlin on Friday, Russian state-run news agency Tass reported.

Putin's spokesman, Dmitry Peskov, told reporters that Russia was not seeking to influence the upcoming French election but had the right to communicate with French politicians.

Russia had no intention of "interfering in anyone's internal business or electoral processes," Peskov said.

cont...

http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/24/europe/putin-le-pen-kremlin/

It's a conspiracy I say....:ph34r:

• Like 1

...what seems to be the fascination that Western Politicians have with Putin? He stands for the very opposite of what they do and yet they all (good proportion, anyway) publicly admit respect and admiration for a guy that quite frankly is a dictator and warmonger. 

• Like 1

Double Post...

Edited by Captain Risky

5 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

...what seems to be the fascination that Western Politicians have with Putin? He stands for the very opposite of what they do and yet they all (good proportion, anyway) publicly admit respect and admiration for a guy that quite frankly is a dictator and warmonger. 

Le Pen is maybe France's equivalent of Trump, so it doesn't surprise me.

• Like 1

Just now, Frank Merton said:

Le Pen is maybe France's equivalent of Trump, so it doesn't surprise me.

Trump and Le Pen are obviously nationalists feeding off populism too, so maybe thats the attraction. Gaddafi and Saddam were also nationalists... what makes them more despicable than Putin? Don't get me wrong, Frank... Putin has been great for Russia, but why would Western politicians have a vested interest in a strong Russia? 

• Like 1

Just now, Captain Risky said:

Trump and Le Pen are obviously nationalists feeding off populism too, so maybe thats the attraction. Gaddafi and Saddam were also nationalists... what makes them more despicable than Putin? Don't get me wrong, Frank... Putin has been great for Russia, but why would Western politicians have a vested interest in a strong Russia? 

If it weren't for oil the Russian economy would be dead.  Putin and his corrupt buddies have been a disaster.

It does seem to me that world leaders, even if they detest each other, should be in almost constant contact.  The problem with the contacts during the Presidential election is they were done secretly, at least as I see it.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Frank Merton said:

If it weren't for oil the Russian economy would be dead.  Putin and his corrupt buddies have been a disaster.

It does seem to me that world leaders, even if they detest each other, should be in almost constant contact.  The problem with the contacts during the Presidential election is they were done secretly, at least as I see it.

Of course politicians should be in contact and able to talk issues through. I must say that even though Putin is corrupt and has done nothing special to help the Russian economy or people other than offer nationalism. He seems to have considerable support outside his country. Probably more than he has inside. I don't understand.    

• Like 1

On Wednesday, March 29, 2017 at 5:43 AM, Captain Risky said:

It is not about a strong russia. It is about a weak europe. Nationalists feed on fear. They do not want equal rights, they want higher rights then others. Europe was always prone to nationalism that ends in a huge amount of casulties. We saw it with WWII and most recent the balkans. In both cases it was extrem nationalism and not religion that thrivedand caused the dammage.

The idea of a united europe was to curb extreme national pride and prevent future wars within. The economic part was secondary.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, odas said:

It is not about a strong russia. It is about a weak europe. Nationalists feed on fear. They do not want equal rights, they want higher rights then others. Europe was always prone to nationalism that ends in a huge amount of casulties. We saw it with WWII and most recent the balkans. In both cases it was extrem nationalism and not religion that thrivedand caused the dammage.

The idea of a united europe was to curb extreme national pride and prevent future wars within. The economic part was secondary.

I would just add that EU is not about destroying national identities, it only gives the already existing common European identity the place it should have had since... ever.

We all are Europeans and we should work together.

(Balkans must be dragged into EU, no matter how loud some local vampires will kick and scream. Personally, I don't even like that fact in every of its parts, but it is the fact.)  

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

I would just add that EU is not about destroying national identities, it only gives the already existing common European identity the place it should have had since... ever.

We all are Europeans and we should work together.

(Balkans must be dragged into EU, no matter how loud some local vampires will kick and scream. Personally, I don't even e that fact in every of its parts, bu. t it is the fact.)  

We all have to give up something for the greater good. Nationalists see nationalism different. A healthy portion of national pride is good but as it is withall extreems, pure nationalism calls for a disaster. Russia does everything to distabelize a united europe. Only this way putin can do what he wants. We see it with the USA right now. Le Pen and Trump and others like them are   pawns in his hands.

I peronaly do not think he will achieve that with the US anymore but Europe is different.

• Like 1