Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

China Arming South China Sea

Farmer77

South China Sea: Aircraft hangars, radar installed on artificial islands 

Dozens of aircraft hangars and high-end radar capabilities on China's man-made islands in the South China Sea are almost operational, according to new satellite imagery released by a US-based think tank.

I posted this in the conspiracy section because I do have a conspiracy theory, or at least I view this as the potential testing ground for one. 

Weather modification as a means of warfare was outlawed via UN treaty in 1977, a treaty which the US signed but many are convinced it is still being used. I suggest that if that technology exists, and its being used as a means of warfare- be it economic or otherwise - this is the perfect scenario for it to come into play.

Im going out on a limb and predicting a "natural disaster" will greatly aid the US efforts in the region within a few weeks. 

Edited by Farmer77

How are you going to be able to tell? We're heading into the monsoon season for that region, so storms are expected. Also factor into that climate change, so those traditional patterns may vary (stronger / weaker / earlier / later).

Lastly, consider the construction of the facilities on those bases (I say bases because I have no doubt that China will use them as such). They have been constructed in the shortest possible time, to establish a foothold as it were. It is possible that construction standards are not as high as would be desired.

• Like 1

Just now, Obviousman said:

How are you going to be able to tell? We're heading into the monsoon season for that region, so storms are expected. Also factor into that climate change, so those traditional patterns may vary (stronger / weaker / earlier / later).

Lastly, consider the construction of the facilities on those bases (I say bases because I have no doubt that China will use them as such). They have been constructed in the shortest possible time, to establish a foothold as it were. It is possible that construction standards are not as high as would be desired.

IDK that you'll ever be able to have complete certainty on such things. Thats kinda what makes conspiracies so much fun to discuss.

You're right about monsoon season coming of course, that doesn't mean that an active one couldn't be manipulated , hell that would make for even better plausible deniability. 

I think earthquakes/tsunamis are as likely , in the conspiracy scenario, as storms however. 

I have no idea about that stuff (seismic instability); I just remember how smooth and glass-like the South China Sea was when I was deployed on ships in that area!

If a tsunami turns up and wipes out those installations, then I'll tip my hat to you. :D

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

IDK that you'll ever be able to have complete certainty on such things. Thats kinda what makes conspiracies so much fun to discuss.

You're right about monsoon season coming of course, that doesn't mean that an active one couldn't be manipulated , hell that would make for even better plausible deniability. 

I think earthquakes/tsunamis are as likely , in the conspiracy scenario, as storms however. 

Nothing is impossible, I guess, but do you have a grasp of the kinds of energy it would take to alter such a system, on demand?  I don't know, but I cannot imagine you can get more "out" of such a system than was put into it somewhere along the line.  Also, there is the small matter of controlling that output.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, and then said:

Nothing is impossible, I guess, but do you have a grasp of the kinds of energy it would take to alter such a system, on demand?  I don't know, but I cannot imagine you can get more "out" of such a system than was put into it somewhere along the line.  Also, there is the small matter of controlling that output.

No , I really dont if im honest.

• Like 1

Just now, Farmer77 said:

No , I really dont if im honest.

I've read a couple of really good fiction pieces based on this "tech".  Do you ever read Clive Cussler?  He writes nautically themed adventure stories and has some good plots.  It boggles the mind to imagine unleashing such forces, especially if you aren't sure you can control them ;)

• Like 2

Just now, and then said:

I've read a couple of really good fiction pieces based on this "tech".  Do you ever read Clive Cussler?  He writes nautically themed adventure stories and has some good plots.  It boggles the mind to imagine unleashing such forces, especially if you aren't sure you can control them ;)

I havent really dug into his books, after a couple of years of not reading fiction im just diving back in though so ill take any good recommendations you might have.  

My thought process, honed partially through experience in things once considered "conspiracy" is I figure if its possible then someone is doing it, or at least attempting it. 

• Like 1

No one please mention one NEO ... please ...

~

• Like 2