Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What has been your most convincing experience

ParaGirlsHauntedDiary

I guess mine would be seeing an apparition for the first time back in 2013, as well as hearing a disembodied voice of a small child right next to me but no one was there, the freakiest part would be that I went back to the graveyard a few days later and noticed I was stood next to two graves of children who died under the age of one x :(

What about you? What has been your most convincing experience? x

I hear disembodied voices also,im pretty sure that im not crazy,I think that they are entities in a dimension where I can't see them,this may be the explanation for ghosts also.

I've never had an experience that 100% convinces me. Even thought I've had some strange stuff happen, I've been able to reduce most of it all down to mundane explanations. Life just isn't paranormal. 

I once made a sandwich with garlic salami, but when I ate it it tasted like pepper salami.
Someone had switched my salami... But who??
Couldnt sleep for five days as I was terrified someone would switch my bed for a giljotin in my sleep.
True story and since then I 100% believe in paranormal activity god and ufos 

Edited by Herr Falukorv
forgot I believe in bigfoot too
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, LabotomusRex said:

I hear disembodied voices also,im pretty sure that im not crazy,I think that they are entities in a dimension where I can't see them,this may be the explanation for ghosts also.

Ohh can you give an example of what they say? x

7 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

I've never had an experience that 100% convinces me. Even thought I've had some strange stuff happen, I've been able to reduce most of it all down to mundane explanations. Life just isn't paranormal. 

Can you give examples of what has happened x

8 hours ago, XenoFish said:

I thought you were the really skeptical one? Always quick to shoot people down even when you have no explanation, in that post though you even say you're psychic. Unless I'm thinking of someone else.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Zayne Kalis said:

I thought you were the really skeptical one? Always quick to shoot people down even when you have no explanation, in that post though you even say you're psychic. Unless I'm thinking of someone else.

I am a skeptic because of those experiences. As for being psychic, did you know that intuition is the subconscious processing of information. Which ends up as a "hunch". Nothing mystical about it. 

On 3/31/2017 at 3:23 PM, XenoFish said:

I am a skeptic because of those experiences. As for being psychic, did you know that intuition is the subconscious processing of information. Which ends up as a "hunch". Nothing mystical about it. 

Lets examine that. What is the most psychic thing you have ever experienced 

12 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

Lets examine that. What is the most psychic thing you have ever experienced 

Nothing, nothing meaningful. Nothing important and nothing truly convincing that anything like that exist. Despite all my experience there hasn't been one thing to deeply convince me that psychic powers exist. It's all too easy to explain. 

There is a deceased individual (ghost) that has a reputation for playing pranks on people. I asked him out loud to give me a sign (or prank). Within a day or two my neck pillow went missing. (I live alone) I scoured up and down the whole area it could reasonably be and concluded it does not exist in the house. Then there it was, sitting in the middle of the backseat of my car. As unlikely as it may seem, I considered that I did that without knowing it. I thought maybe I wore the neck pillow to the car but the way my car seat headrest is set the pillow would never have gotten to the back seat without me knowing it.

Next a day or so later, somehow my garage door was locked. The only way that could happen would be me physically doing it with a key while outside, Now this time I KNOW I didn't do that. This door is also inside a garage door that can't be opened without a remote control device.

Another lady says she asked this ghost for a prank. She apparently had like five pairs of shoes she could wear to work. Getting ready for work on her schedule only the right foot shoe of each set could be found in her closet. She was about to be late for work and getting desperate and verbally told the ghost with the prankster reputation to KNOCK IT OFF. She kept looking and there under a blanket on her couch was a pile of left shoes.

Things that make you go hmmm....

Edited by papageorge1
  • Like 2

When I was young my brother and I were cutting up and playing in my bedroom.  Suddenly this horse figurine I had on the top of my captain's bed started "jumping" from it's back legs to it's front over and over again.  We both went screaming out of my room to the living room where my parents were watching TV, but by the time they got back there, it'd stopped. My brother still remembered it when I talked to him about it last, which was when we were in our 20's.  Have no explanation for it what-so-ever, as it was the only thing on top of the captain's bed that did that.  

There was the sense of "something" out on a golf course I use to live next to that seemed very evil (and almost like it wanted to take over you).  I wasn't alone and they felt the exact same thing. I didn't believe the stories, which were also experienced by others, at all...that is until it happened to me. You couldn't see it, just sense it.  You could literally sense how close it was to you even.  After that I asked for more in depth info. on what other people had experienced and they could sense the same.  It wasn't anything that could be chalked up to mere suggestion. Don't know what it was, but I do know I never want to feel anything like that ever again, as it was such an absolutely intense feeling of evil.

There was a time when I was with my ex and we were out night fishing.  He'd caught a big blue fish and I was holding it on the gaff (they have very sharp teeth...not a fish you want your hands anywhere near) and it was dawn, so we were heading back to the truck on foot.  It's very hard to even describe this. It was this long line, I don't know exactly how wide, but do know it wasn't too wide, that you could see through, but it was hazy and things were distorted seeing through it.  It moved at a high speed and changed directions quickly between us, as I was walking a little bit ahead of my ex.  We both had our flashlights on and I whipped around with it, not paying any attention to him until he said, "You saw that too?!"  He was off to my side a bit, looking at me and I noticed he had his flashlight pointed in the same direction I had.  

One night a friend of mine, who lived on a reservoir that people fished, skied and swam in, and I were checking out the boat dock across the water with binoculars, as you weren't suppose to be out there after dark, some kids were parked over there and had started a fire, and the police were over there.  There was something in the sky off to the left. It was close, but not close enough to make out what it was with the naked eye.  She used the binoculars to check it out first and started freaking out and handed them to me. What I saw was a disc shaped object that was lighted up around the outside.  We ran back to the house so we could get her dad and he could see it, but by the time we got to the house it was too high to make out what it was with binoculars and had gone over her house.  I've heard of UFO's being over water, but a reservoir? And why was it hovering there, to check out a cop arresting a bunch of kids?  My uncle was in the Air Force for many yrs. and said that yes, there were definitely UFO's, as many in the Air Force, including himself, had seen them.  What was so interesting about all of that though, I haven't a clue.  Wasn't something our government would be interested in...that is unless they were bored.  And if it were aliens, I guess they were bored too.  :P

I could name off a couple more stories, but those were the ones that stand out the most.

Edited by Nymeria
spelling

2 hours ago, XenoFish said:

Nothing, nothing meaningful. Nothing important and nothing truly convincing that anything like that exist. Despite all my experience there hasn't been one thing to deeply convince me that psychic powers exist. It's all too easy to explain. 

I don't know that it's a psychic power, I don't even think about it in those terms, but somehow I just know things at times.  It just pops in my head from nowhere.  Sometimes it's felt deep in my gut...maybe that's "gut feeling."  These are things that have no explanation as to how I would've known.  Like, for some small examples, my ex and I were going down the road and I told him I had a feeling something was going to go wrong with the truck. I don't know where the thought came from, it just popped in my head. I'd been right about so many things in the past that he started yelling at me, asking what it was exactly.  I didn't know, so I couldn't answer that, which only made him more frustrated. The next thing I know, we had a major blow out.  There was nothing wrong with the tires, they had plenty of tread, no bulges or anything.  We hadn't run over anything that I'd known of.  Another time he was fretting, as he was out of work at the time, that we didn't have enough money left over after paying the bills.  I don't know how, but I just knew we'd be fine and told him so.  The light on the captain's bed wasn't working, so I check in the opening between it and the wall and it was unplugged.  One of the cats must've been under there and unplugged it by getting caught up in the cord or something.  I crawled under there to plug the light back in and there sat a hundred dollar bill.  That's just what we needed until he got his next compensation check.  Not long ago, I had a feeling that something pretty bad was going to happen with my husband, and had a hunch it'd be in the next few mos.  Sure enough, a few mos. later he got into some major legal trouble that he is still going through.  I'd have no way of knowing that either.  I've had feelings that people I barely knew where going to do something, which from what little I knew about them, would be out of character.  Don't know how I knew that either, as I didn't know these people were capable of doing such things (it was some pretty major stuff they pulled that the average person wouldn't, and I didn't know them well enough to know that they would...I mean, otherwise, if I hadn't have had the feelings I did, it would've seriously thrown me off guard).

There is more I could get into, but you get the gist.  Many of the women on my mother's side had this happen to them as well.

I wish I could make sense out of all of this, as it can be downright annoying at times.  I mean, feeling something good is one thing, but feeling something bad is going to happen and knowing about when, but not knowing exactly what it is (though, I do know exactly what it is at times) is very frustrating and I don't like it at all.

I'm not sure it could be subconscious processing of information.  In thinking about it, it doesn't seem that way, but I'll definitely look into that more.

About 10 years ago I was really into a TV show and ended up making some great friends all over the world. Even international meet ups. Anyway back than we basically had a 24h chat going on for days as we had all time zones covered. 

One night I had a nightmare that I am sitting in a plane that explodes. That time I only flew once or twice and didn't have any plans on doing so. I had the same dream every night for 2 weeks straight getting a clearer image every time. People around me spoke Spanish and it happened during take off. I still remember that I felt the pain of dying every night. I was a total wreck. Everybody tried their psych101 to help me.

Before college in the morning I would drop in to the chat just for a quick "good morning" and they always asked if I had the dream again until one morning after exactly 2 weeks I finally didn't have that dream and finally some rest. I went on with my day and when I came back home my inbox was full of messages "check the news".

That morning there was a plane crash in Madrid after take off on the way to Gran Canaria. It exploded.

After a complete shock that seriously affected me (I felt guilty for some reason) my parents told me about 2 more incidents as a kid when I predicted family members deaths. My family is from Bosnia but I only met them maybe once or twice as a little child and don't have any real connection with them. One was my grandmother in winter time and the following summer a family of 3 (that I still don't know how they are even related to me.) My family thought I was a witch (seriously old school orthodox superstitious bunch there in the mountains) and didn't talk to me for 6 months. But I had to endure a lot of child abuse so basically repressed my entire childhood. So much so that I don't remember things too clearly until somebody refreshes my memory.

Those were the big 3. But a lot of other weird small stuff. Most can be explained by intuition others are just weird.

• Like 1

The giant black triangle silently hovering overhead before being chased off by a fleet of F-22's  was my most convincing experience

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Farmer77 said:

The giant black triangle silently hovering overhead before being chased off by a fleet of F-22's  was my most convincing experience

The Phoenix lights?

• Like 1

Just now, .ZZ. said:

The Phoenix lights?

This was several years after the phoenix lights event, but it was in AZ. It was a truly definitive, paradigm shifting event.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, XenoFish said:

It's like you have two different people posting from this account. 

1 hour ago, preacherman76 said:

It's like you have two different people posting from this account. 

How many "people" have you been in your life? The you that played with G I Joe's and watched Saturday morning cartoons doesn't exist anymore, but you were once that person. The hormone driven teenage self doesn't exist either. Different time different "me" and sometimes the echo's of the past self want to claw through. 

56 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

How many "people" have you been in your life? The you that played with G I Joe's and watched Saturday morning cartoons doesn't exist anymore, but you were once that person. The hormone driven teenage self doesn't exist either. Different time different "me" and sometimes the echo's of the past self want to claw through. 

It wasn't that long ago you wrote that post about being psychic. Guess that's what you meant when you said you were going to regret posting. Just seems strange you'd try to absolutely convince others nothing extraordinary ever happens to them, when you consider the things you yourself have seen and experienced. 

Things that in my personal opinion had nothing to do with subconscious gathering of information 

55 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

What do you really want from me? 

Nothing I guess. Just trying to understand.

BTW I totally believe the things you have said in regards to your experiences. Your skepticism, to me, gives you a lot credibility. So in that way its a good thing. Heck, you probably wouldn't agree, but I'm actually pretty skeptical myself. When one of the subjects come up that I just cant relate to, I usually just don't post anything in that thread. Which is most of them.

I also think there is a very good reason the old you at times wants to resurface. The old you seems to know more about all this then the today you.  I don't think you do yourself, or the person you are responding to any good when you say things are not possible, that you know are.

I don't wanna fight with you about it, so I'll bow out now. This was just my 2 cents. It's good to have you back X

• Like 2