Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Opening gambits in EU / UK exit negotiations;

keithisco

18 hours ago, RAyMO said:

Think your right - and I think his cult could keep him in place until he decides otherwise.

Corbyn is not the type of person to stand down , he is too anti everything , maybe the people who voted him in have the same attitude, so he stays,  the Only way he will leave parliament is when he stops breathing.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, spud the mackem said:

Corbyn is not the type of person to stand down , he is too anti everything , maybe the people who voted him in have the same attitude, so he stays,  the Only way he will leave parliament is when he stops breathing.  

I fear that you may be right.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, RAyMO said:

I fear that you may be right.

why do you fear? Do you fear a communist nazi sneaking into power and refusing to go even when he's voted out?

Edited by Dumbledore the Awesome

Anyway, Corbynsteria aside, the Auntie BBC clearly had a big special all set for Brexit Deadline Day, and now that it isn't, they don't want to waste it so now they're having Would Have Been Brexit Deadline Day, with lots of Pundits talking about what would have happened* if brexit had in fact happened

* doom, naturally 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Dumbledore the Awesome said:

why do you fear? Do you fear a communist nazi sneaking into power and refusing to go even when he's voted out?

I fear momentum can't see that the policies and the party are not one man, and will therefore keep him as leader even if the election is a disaster.

Edited by RAyMO

But that doesn't answer my question. Corbyn seems to be much like Trump, and arouses irrational hatred. Why do you hate him? 

9 minutes ago, Dumbledore the Awesome said:

But that doesn't answer my question. Corbyn seems to be much like Trump, and arouses irrational hatred. Why do you hate him? 

Hate him is too strong a word. I just feel he is a very poor leader, performs badly at PMQs, has failed to create or allow a coherent, succinct message on Brexit to be developed by the Labour Party, does not engender confidence in the electorate and thus is an electoral liability to Labour. 

His policies I can largely agree with, being left of centre.

All that's fair enough. It's usually "he'll impose Communism" or the always risibly vague "anti-Semitism in the Labour Party", though no one ever provides any examples to illustrate what they might mean. 

Edited by Dumbledore the Awesome
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Dumbledore the Awesome said:

Anyway, Corbynsteria aside, the Auntie BBC clearly had a big special all set for Brexit Deadline Day, and now that it isn't, they don't want to waste it so now they're having Would Have Been Brexit Deadline Day, with lots of Pundits talking about what would have happened* if brexit had in fact happened

* doom, naturally 

Come on now, be fair. 

You know the likes of hetrodoxly and bee would have been up in arms at the BBC wasting their licence fee by not broadcasting it :lol:

• Thanks 1

The B.B.C. is a world wide news service that you can get anywhere in the world ,as I used to when I was a seaman, we used to look forward to the news of home as they broadcast honestly. Nowadays the B.B.C. is a Euro broadcasting service who side with the E.U. against Britain , maybe because they are getting lots of cash and /or subsidies from the E.U. they are certainly not broadcasting on a neutral basis regarding Brexit and they have in fact broadcast scare/fear programmes , in Politics being a service that wishes to remain part of the E.U. scene . I don't watch the B.B.C. news anymore ,not because of Brexit but because I've decided that they no longer give honest unbiased news , so I watch I.T.V  news and switch off the sound when adverts appear , and I don't intend to pay the B.B.C license fees for something I don't use . 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, RAyMO said:

Hate him is too strong a word. I just feel he is a very poor leader, performs badly at PMQs, has failed to create or allow a coherent, succinct message on Brexit to be developed by the Labour Party, does not engender confidence in the electorate and thus is an electoral liability to Labour. 

His policies I can largely agree with, being left of centre.

Come on man.

The guy will even get rid of our nuclear deterrent. He is a naïve dangerous fool who will leave us wide open to nuclear blackmail.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, spud the mackem said:

The B.B.C. is a world wide news service that you can get anywhere in the world ,as I used to when I was a seaman, we used to look forward to the news of home as they broadcast honestly. Nowadays the B.B.C. is a Euro broadcasting service who side with the E.U. against Britain , maybe because they are getting lots of cash and /or subsidies from the E.U. they are certainly not broadcasting on a neutral basis regarding Brexit and they have in fact broadcast scare/fear programmes , in Politics being a service that wishes to remain part of the E.U. scene . I don't watch the B.B.C. news anymore ,not because of Brexit but because I've decided that they no longer give honest unbiased news , so I watch I.T.V  news and switch off the sound when adverts appear , and I don't intend to pay the B.B.C license fees for something I don't use . 

You do use it. And you are breaking the law by not paying the fee. 

30 minutes ago, Setton said:

He's not breaking the law if he's watching via catch up services ITV, ALL4, Chanel 5, etc..   which you dont need a licence for. the only catch up service you need a licence for is BBC's iplayer. so maybe he's watching ITV NEWS via their catch up service as long as its not live he's fine.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stevewinn said:

He's not breaking the law if he's watching via catch up services ITV, ALL4, Chanel 5, etc..   which you dont need a licence for. the only catch up service you need a licence for is BBC's iplayer. so maybe he's watching ITV NEWS via their catch up service as long as its not live he's fine.

Well that's true. Can't say I know many people who watch news on catch up though. Kind of defeats the object, I would have thought... 

18 hours ago, Setton said:

Well that's true. Can't say I know many people who watch news on catch up though. Kind of defeats the object, I would have thought... 

Just to let you know that because I'm "past my sell by date" I have a free licence , but I still don't watch the crap produced by the B.B.C....regards

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

This is the BBC. Here is the news, presented by a man in a dinner jacket. Police have confirmed that the body found in a ditch besides the A337 yesterday was that of Prime Minister Borish "Bo" Johnson. 

"This is something unprecedented in my experience", said Police Inspector Dermot O'Hanrahan., taking his hat off in respect. "A politician who fulfilled his promise." 

• 2 weeks later...

• Like 1

It looks like,after Brussels decided to ignore Boris's letter and accept the Benn letter to extend A 50,Boris is getting his own back. 

Thu, Oct 24 - European Commission’s incoming president, insisted she will ask the Prime Minister to nominate a £200,000-a-year candidate to join her team of Brussels bureaucrats if Britain is still an EU member in a week’s time. 

https://www.*** blocked ***/news/uk/1195084/Brexit-news-UK-EU-Ursula-von-der-Leyen-Boris-Johnson-EU-commission-latest-update

Wed 6 Nov -  Boris Johnson urged to nominate new EU commissioner 'rapidly'

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/nov/06/brexit-has-made-britains-problems-worse-says-juncker

NOVEMBER 12 EU pushes Brexit Britain to name new commissioner

British government has so far shown little interest in the matter after Prime Minister Boris Johnson was forced to delay Brexit for a third time

A spokeswoman for von der Leyen said in Brussels on Tuesday that London has failed to reply to a letter from her asking it to name a commissioner.

https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-britain-eu-commission/eu-pushes-brexit-britain-to-name-new-commissioner-idUSKBN1XM1TS

What goes around comes around ;)

On 10/31/2019 at 5:42 PM, Setton said:

I dont have a BBC license.

And I dont have a television. I have a monitor without a TV tuner. Both Netflix and Amazon Prime through it. Same for all laptops and tablets that we have too.

Edited by RabidMongoose

2 hours ago, RabidMongoose said:

I dont have a BBC license.

And I dont have a television. I have a monitor without a TV tuner. Both Netflix and Amazon Prime through it. Same for all laptops and tablets that we have too.

OK..... 

Thanks for sharing..? 

More on the UK's EU commissioner saga - 

Brussels launches legal action against UK over failure to nominate commissioner.

"Commission President-elect Ursula von der Leyen and her team hope to take office on December 1 — a month behind schedule — but the U.K. has so far refused, despite two written requests by von der Leyen, to put forward a nominee for commissioner.

Britain’s Ambassador to the EU Tim Barrow wrote to the Commission on Wednesday night saying that Britain won't nominate a candidate before the general election on December 12, despite having agreed to do so as part of a deal that postponed the Brexit deadline to January 31. Neither side has made the contents of the letter public."

"The Commission ... considers that the U.K. is in breach of its EU Treaty obligations," said the press statement, while rejecting the British argument that London cannot nominate a commissioner because of the period of election "purdah."

https://www.politico.eu/article/brussels-launches-legal-action-against-uk-over-failure-to-nominate-commissioner/

Brussels is not happy. They were warned. 

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, L.A.T.1961 said:

More on the UK's EU commissioner saga - 

Brussels launches legal action against UK over failure to nominate commissioner.

"Commission President-elect Ursula von der Leyen and her team hope to take office on December 1 — a month behind schedule — but the U.K. has so far refused, despite two written requests by von der Leyen, to put forward a nominee for commissioner.

Britain’s Ambassador to the EU Tim Barrow wrote to the Commission on Wednesday night saying that Britain won't nominate a candidate before the general election on December 12, despite having agreed to do so as part of a deal that postponed the Brexit deadline to January 31. Neither side has made the contents of the letter public."

"The Commission ... considers that the U.K. is in breach of its EU Treaty obligations," said the press statement, while rejecting the British argument that London cannot nominate a commissioner because of the period of election "purdah."

https://www.politico.eu/article/brussels-launches-legal-action-against-uk-over-failure-to-nominate-commissioner/

Brussels is not happy. They were warned. 

Step forward UK commissioner Farage.