Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Woman finds huge 'lost' Chilean tarantula

Still Waters

A shocked woman found a huge Chilean tarantula spider scuttling across her garden after it “got lost” in east London.

The woman managed to trap the eight-legged creature beneath a bucket after making the surprising discovery at Chatham Road in Walthamstow.

RSPCA animal collection officer David Eckworth went to collect the spider after it was discovered at Saturday lunchtime.

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/woman-finds-huge-lost-chilean-tarantula-running-loose-in-walthamstow-garden-a3501046.html

• Like 4

This is what I grew up with. One of these actually chased me on its hind legs.

My mother always said they were more scared of me than I was of them. But I have never chased a spider.

Edited to add I have not watched this video in it's entirety, I just can't.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Still Waters said:

A shocked woman found a huge Chilean tarantula spider scuttling across her garden after it “got lost” in east London.

The woman managed to trap the eight-legged creature beneath a bucket after making the surprising discovery at Chatham Road in Walthamstow.

RSPCA animal collection officer David Eckworth went to collect the spider after it was discovered at Saturday lunchtime.

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/woman-finds-huge-lost-chilean-tarantula-running-loose-in-walthamstow-garden-a3501046.html

Reminds me of the one we encountered and I posted on my blog. ;)

Edited by .ZZ.
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, .ZZ. said:

Reminds me of the one we encountered and I posted on my blog. ;)

Yours too was going 'walkies', literally! :o

• Like 1

There are quite a few things that I'd like to find. This is most certainly not one of them.

They don't bother me that much to be honest but I once looked in the bathroom mirror to see a rather large (for the UK) house-spider crawling along my shoulder and up my neck. It must have been in the dressing gown I'd just put on. It did make my eyes go big and round and start break-dancing smiley-shocked032.gif

This made me smile though. :D Edited to add: I'm the same with videos of people doing silly things at silly heights fearsmiley.gif

Edited to add I have not watched this video in it's entirety, I just can't.

Edited by Stiff
Addition
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, Stiff said:

They don't bother me that much to be honest but I once looked in the bathroom mirror to see a rather large (for the UK) house-spider crawling along my shoulder and up my neck. It must have been in the dressing gown I'd just put on.

If that had been me you'd have heard me scream from one end of the UK to the other :lol:

I hate it when the large spiders start coming into the house, and I swear they get bigger every year :(

• Like 1