Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Desperate: Lost Phone

Chesterspy

Hi there,

On Tuesday evening I lost my android phone--Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge. It's silver with a cracked back, and it is in a black case that also contains a metro card, my debit card, and student ID. The battery died before I lost it, and now I have almost no clue where it could be. The last time I think I remember holding my phone/wallet was on the metro as I put my card back in after tapping it. Then I went to a vitamin shop and a couple restaurants before settling down in one where I ate with my family. My brother said he remembered seeing my phone at that restaurant, but I don't recall--I would have thought I kept it in my bag as there would be no reason for me to take it out since it was dead, but I don't remember.

Please help. I'm getting quite desperate. I can't really afford a new phone and that phone was of course very important to me. 

Edited by Chesterspy

I hope you have already called your bank to put a hold on your debit card. And start checking all the places where you went yesterday.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Chesterspy said:

Hi there,

On Wednesday evening I lost my android phone--Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge. It's silver with a cracked back, and it is in a black case that also contains a metro card, my debit card, and student ID. The battery died before I lost it, and now I have almost no clue where it could be. The last time I think I remember holding my phone/wallet was on the metro as I put my card back in after tapping it. Then I went to a vitamin shop and a couple restaurants before settling down in one where I ate with my family. My brother said he remembered seeing my phone at that restaurant, but I don't recall--I would have thought I kept it in my bag as there would be no reason for me to take it out since it was dead, but I don't remember.

Please help. I'm getting quite desperate. I can't really afford a new phone and that phone was of course very important to me. 

a lot of smart phones can track any other phone. For example..... I can get my sisters number up...go to maps... and see exactly where she or the phone is. Its simple

try an online version, just enter your phone number

https://www.devicetrackerplus.com/

see these links or search for similar in your own country

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=track+my+phone&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b&gws_rd=cr&ei=ICvdWJXqMqrYgAbu6Y2ADg

20 minutes ago, rashore said:

I hope you have already called your bank to put a hold on your debit card. And start checking all the places where you went yesterday.

Edit: Sorry, the phone was actually lost Tuesday evening, not Wednesday. Yes, as soon as I got home Tuesday evening I cancelled my debit card and requested a new one. I tried using Google's free android locator, and it keeps saying the location is unavailable, implying the phone still has a dead battery. 

call the service provider (phone company) and see if they have a fix on the last signal the phone sent. Cancel the number if not.... buy another phone and move on.... just be more mindful to keep it in a pocket next time

Ive had dozens of phones ever since they first come out. Never lost one yet. Then again I never display them on a table unless Im at home. All other times they live in my pockets

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Chesterspy said:

I can't really afford a new phone and that phone was of course very important to me. 

ebay has phones starting at just £5.... do look for another there... loads of bargains

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LG-ku990-Black-Unlocked-Mobile-Phone-/322463060655

You really need a phone or a smart-phone? Because to keep in touch with people an old-school cell phone is more than enough.

I've had a smartphone and thrown it away after a couple of years, bought a very simple but tough IP65-protected cell phone instead and happy since then. I charge batteries once in three weeks, have no social networks and other virtual junk to worry about, I am free and connected to reality!

• Like 1

I hope you've called the bank to block your debit card?

As to the rest, do whatever you can to find it but don't go too far. It something doesn't go your way, you let it go. It was meant to happen to help you change your ways.

Edited by Chaldon

I am seeing this phone slip down behind a seat and get stuck there. But it has been found by some cleaners. Try asking at the lost and found areas at the metro, restaurant, etc.