Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Man attempted to kidnap 7 year old girl

MysteryMike

The 7-year-old girl was riding her scooter on her block in Wichita Falls, Tex., when the unfamiliar man approached her. An 11-year-old neighbor, one of several children playing outside on Saturday afternoon, thought at first that the man might just be her cousin.

But something seemed off about what was happening, said the 11-year-old boy, identified as TJ Smith by local television station KAUZ.

“He picked her up and started walking,” the curly-haired boy said. Realizing what he was witnessing, TJ ran to the nearest adult — a neighbor and father named Brad Ware — to ask for help.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2016/12/15/some-guy-just-kidnapped-this-little-girl-alert-11-year-old-boy-averts-tragedy/?utm_term=.23e3ad1ab2e5

• Like 4

amazing! What a great kid to not only notice something was wrong but to take action! A real pint-sized hero!

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

And I think it would be fair to say that nearly 100% of non-parent child abductions are for deviant purpose.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Why not said:

Kill that man immediately.

No, no...  that would be barbaric.  The proper course of action after arrest is for the father of the 7-year-old girl to have a private "discussion" with the man; whatever is left can be dealt with appropriately.

That 11-year-old boy is a hero!  TJ is an amazing person and ultimately saved her life.

• Like 4

“I caught him in the street and kicked him in the groin when I had him,” Ware said. “He ran across the street, he hit the grass and that’s when I tackled him,” Ware said.

The best part..

• Like 2