Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mysterious Sounds from Tyumen (Russia)

denfil

Welcome to Um denfil :st

Could you tell us what this video is supposed to be of please? EVP, some outdoor night BF sounds, UFO's, angels, space sounds.. what? Not everyone is willing or able to just click on a youtube link without any sort of commentary about it.

BS. I hear nothing but some agricultural machine or a bulldozer working in the distance. Heard that many times and was a bit discombobulated too, until walked there and found out the source of the sound. The Russian title says "People near Tyumen are frightened by mysterious sounds". The description: "Tyumen / Yalutorovsk Highway. Recorded from the window of a private house, you can hear even the dogs are frightened. The video in the frame are taken from the free library of night skies". I suppose "private house" implies it's in the country, so no noises should be heard. Aha, sure.

Edited by Chaldon
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, denfil said:

These sounds I recorded at night in a private house

Who knows what it is

In Russian the expression "частный дом" (private house) means "cottage" or just a rural house (even a dilapidated one), in contrast to a "многоквартирный дом" (block of flats), as 75% of the population lives in blocks of flats.

Edited by Chaldon

3 minutes ago, denfil said:

Who knows what it is

The description posted on YouTube to go with the video, when translated reads -

Mysterious Sounds from Tyumen | Strange sounds scare people near Tyumen?

Yalutorovskiy highway 
Recorded from the window of a private house, you can hear how even dogs are frightened 

The video in the frame is taken from the free starry sky library 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, denfil said:

This is a recreation area, there are no cars 

How do you know?

12 minutes ago, Still Waters said:

The description posted on YouTube to go with the video, when translated reads -

Wow. I see Google Translate got significantly better in Russian to English! But still sucks in English to Russian...

Added: Nope, I was hasty to praise it, it was a coincidence. Just checked it with a bit more complex examples - it sucks.

Edited by Chaldon

31 minutes ago, Chaldon said:

Wow. I see Google Translate got significantly better in Russian to English! But still sucks in English to Russian...

I use Google Chrome and the option to translate comes up which is handy, but I also used Google Translate to check. I don't think either are 100% accurate but near enough to be able to help understand the text.

• Like 1

When the noise level is very low, i can hear such sounds sometimes with Skype. Probably a product of digital sound processing.

Edited by NCC1701

As Chaldon says, it sounds like some machinery of some sort - maybe a factory? - in the distance.  On a still night sound can carry a long way,   Many miles.

• Like 2

sound of some machines all night?

In a sanatorium where the main thing is silence

This sound continued during the day

17 hours ago, denfil said:

These sounds I recorded at night in a private house

27 minutes ago, denfil said:

In a sanatorium where the main thing is silence

The private house is a sanatorium?, please clarify.

Was it an abandoned building with no glass in the windows?

More importantly, when you recorded those sounds at night, did you have permission to be in the building at the time?

private house of my friend - near sanatorium

not abandoned house

I woke up from this noise

when you recorded those sounds at night, did you have permission to be in the building at the time?   Why should I ask permission from a friend

1 hour ago, denfil said:

private house of my friend - near sanatorium

not abandoned house

I woke up from this noise

when you recorded those sounds at night, did you have permission to be in the building at the time?   Why should I ask permission from a friend

It would help if you used quote tags when replying to posts! 

Ok, so you recorded the noise from inside a friend's house which is near a sanatorium. My question regarding permission was because your post (which I previously quoted) implied you were recording from inside a sanatorium. Thank you for clearing that up.

It would also have helped if you'd elaborated more when you posted the video, instead of posting snippets of information in response to questions being asked. It's difficult to know what to think with so little to go on.

Is it possible to indicate on Google Earth exactly where the house is?

We might then be able to locate a possible industrial source - or not, as the case may be.  

Okay, so here's Boganinskiy, south of Tyumen, on Google Earth:

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Bogandinskiy,+Tyumen+Oblast,+Russia/@56.8851021,65.8348755,5840m/data=!3m2!1e3!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x43bbd0df0883d90f:0xae0a232906d4fc86!8m2!3d56.8881902!4d65.8836365

There are industrial sites (brick factory, for example) in the SW quadrant.  I have no idea what that complex to the west of the town is!    But it's interesting seeing how different the landscape and the lay-out of the towns are, compared with England :)