Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Connection

LucidElement

Came a cross a great article on the site ancient-code .... it is talking about the mysterious images that are carved and shown across the world. The images are shown to be what look like handbags. I'm sure skeptics here will try and battle it, but it truly looks like it... here is the article from the site and the description. Let me know your thoughts. Always makes you think when things pop up across the world that relate , especially that far back without technology and communication . I'm not sure Verizon had their cell towers up yet :) 

LINK: http://www.ancient-code.com/the-mystery-handbag-of-the-gods-depicted-in-sumer-america-and-gobekli-tepe/

ARTICLE needs to be looked at to get a full understanding.

thanks guys. 

• Like 3

Ah yes,  ' The Handbag of the Gods ' . I was just debating this on another site .    

Its a bucket with something in it that annunaki sprinkle around with pinecones that represent pineal glands to effect changes in pre-sapiens to make us . . . .   then I got abused . 

Ummmmm ..... many people all over the world made and used handbags . 

The  Australian 'dilly-bag' is a good early example 

Dilly%20Bags.jpg0aca2aece78ba8f6703a1968aa94ef3b-tn.jpg

In other cultures can be made from hide, bronze, ceramics ....

My comparisons were not appreciated ..... my critic pointed out that in the older times the doctor would visit with a  bag . 

donninis_perspective_tan.jpg

like this .     Then I was admonished fr not interpreting symbols correctly . 

....   and that linked  site is crud . 

• Like 3

Even the Gods had stuff to bring with them. Those look like baskets to me. I'm not sure when basket making started. I'll do a google check. But it seems to me that baskets were probably invented before clothing.

EDIT:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basket_weaving

The oldest known baskets have been carbon dated to between 10,000 and 12,000 years old, earlier than any established dates for archaeological finds of pottery, and were discovered in Faiyum in upper Egypt.[1] Other baskets have been discovered in the Middle East that are up to 7,000 years old. However, baskets seldom survive, as they are made from perishable materials. The most common evidence of a knowledge of basketry is an imprint of the weave on fragments of clay pots, formed by packing clay on the walls of the basket and firing.

Note: Baskets were invented and used by every single human civilization, as far as I can tell.

Edited by DieChecker
  • Like 3

I think there baskets , a easy and logical way of taken what they need with them think of clay sculpturing it would be a known method to anyone even bk then

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

...could be anything. Reminds me of those cow bells. Maybe its ceremonial.  

http://www.ancient.eu/image/3786/

We Need MORE cowbell !!

• Like 7

18 hours ago, back to earth said:

Ah yes,  ' The Handbag of the Gods ' . I was just debating this on another site .    

Its a bucket with something in it that annunaki sprinkle around with pinecones that represent pineal glands to effect changes in pre-sapiens to make us . . . .   then I got abused . 

Ummmmm ..... many people all over the world made and used handbags . 

The  Australian 'dilly-bag' is a good early example 

Dilly%20Bags.jpg0aca2aece78ba8f6703a1968aa94ef3b-tn.jpg

In other cultures can be made from hide, bronze, ceramics ....

My comparisons were not appreciated ..... my critic pointed out that in the older times the doctor would visit with a  bag . 

donninis_perspective_tan.jpg

like this .     Then I was admonished fr not interpreting symbols correctly . 

....   and that linked  site is crud . 

I understand where your coming from however, dont you think its a bit odd that going back to B.C that the drawings would be the same in one part of the world as it was in the other? And remember, not EVERY peice of artwork had femals carrying these "handbags." I can't justify that it was just a handbag. Thats what the mystery of the ancient times is all about. But, i have a hard time believing that ancient Sumerian's females were walking around with purses?

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, LucidElement said:

I understand where your coming from however, dont you think its a bit odd that going back to B.C that the drawings would be the same in one part of the world as it was in the other? And remember, not EVERY peice of artwork had femals carrying these "handbags." I can't justify that it was just a handbag. Thats what the mystery of the ancient times is all about. But, i have a hard time believing that ancient Sumerian's females were walking around with purses?

Sounds like more of a "you" problem than some issue with the evidence itself. 

To know categorically what's being conventionally represented, you'd either need to be from the originating culture (and you're not) or someone deeply trained in Ancient Near Eastern representational practices (which you're not). So if you feel the need to publicly advertise your own ignorance, that's fine, but don't try to define this as some huge mystery for everyone.

--Jaylemurph

• Like 4

3 hours ago, dannyboy52 said:

We Need MORE cowbell !!

Yes !  

1 hour ago, LucidElement said:

I understand where your coming from however, dont you think its a bit odd that going back to B.C that the drawings would be the same in one part of the world as it was in the other?

I would have to see such similar examples first .  Also simple drawing of one thing can look like a simple drawing of a similar but different thing ..... there are only so many simple ways of depicting a bag basket carryall whatever, with a looped handle.

Egyptians used a 'bent' throwing stick for bird hunting, just like the 'non-returnable' version of the Australian Aboriginal boomerang .

I think some tyoe of basket may be cross-cultural, as in, many cases, the bow and arrow are . 

Its actually a very simple solution to a simple issue.   Peeps try to make a dig deal of it ....  'annunaki wise' . 

And remember, not EVERY peice of artwork had femals carrying these "handbags."

I had not assumed gender ..... except when they have a beard and are obviously depicted as a man .  In New Guinea , a man can be very proud of his hand bag .

3865e5fd686a24c97ee7063119254482.jpg

PNG ' Billum Bag' . 

I can't justify that it was just a handbag. Thats what the mystery of the ancient times is all about.

Depends what is in it !    Friend's bag   ......  wouldnt go near it !    It hangs on pole inside his gunya, got 'ceremonial stuff in it ' . Some times 'business'  comes up, he grabs it and is gone .  No one asks what it was , if he takes the bag  .  

But, i have a hard time believing that ancient Sumerian's females were walking around with purses?

Ummmmm , yeah   so do I    ... thats why 'Handbags of the Gods' is so silly !  .... I never actually came up with that .... its in the link . 

Edited by back to earth

4 hours ago, dannyboy52 said:

We Need MORE cowbell !!

I got a fever... and the only prescription is more cowbell. 

• Like 3

Someone correct me if I got this wrong but as I recall Descartes thought the human (Christian) soul was the pineal gland.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Frank Merton said:

Someone correct me if I got this wrong but as I recall Descartes thought the human (Christian) soul was the pineal gland.

http://www.yourhormones.info/glands/pineal_gland.aspx

Generally its the internal biological clock of the body. The one part of the body that is pretty much disease free. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, kmt_sesh said:

Are they still abusing you at that forum? Sounds like you need some more pineal gland juice.

I am amused by this fuss over the pineal gland, especially when it comes to the Egyptians. I've seen people of the woo argue for the importance of this tiny gland to the pharaonic Egyptians—an ancient people who didn't understand the purpose of the brain, much less this gland, and destroyed the brain in the excerebration process during mummification. People of the woo don't exercise much common sense.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for the bag-like icon, there are only so many ways, after all, to construct baskets, bags, sacks, and the like. Invariably they're going to resemble one another in artwork from region to region. In actual life they're even going to look a lot alike, although fabric and designs can help to pinpoint the culture that produced it.

Juxtaposing the two images in the OP doesn't make a lot sense. The one at left is many centuries after the one at right, so there are not only problems with physical distance in a time when the world's two hemispheres did not communicate, but the temporal problems alone exclude possible connections.

Call me a skeptic but this doesn't strike me as an unexplained mystery.

Pineal juice, anyone?

I spy with my  little eye  ........

Pineal Colada ! 

Image result for pineal colada

Edited by back to earth
  • Like 7

...so if you're inclined to believe in Descartes theory... then what better place for the soul to reside than in the human repository of time. Of course Descartes wouldn't have known that NOR any of the ancients that revered the pineal gland before him. Hmmm...

13 hours ago, dannyboy52 said:

We Need MORE cowbell !!

christopherwdance-7.jpg

• Like 4

On 31/03/2017 at 6:56 AM, back to earth said:

Just for a moment than I thought you wrote aroused :o

• Like 3

17 hours ago, kmt_sesh said:

Are they still abusing you at that forum? Sounds like you need some more pineal gland juice.

I

I have been admonished !  

Quote; 'other site '   from  'her'  ;

" The pine cone is a metaphor, dude.  Stands for the pineal gland.  Stands for take a wild guess what in the Vatican:

fontana-della-pigna-pine-cone-fountain-s

The "handbag" is also a metaphor.  Might not be a handbag at all, some depictions look more like a bucket. 

Reading symbolic images verbatim is counterproductive.  Recognizing the symbology in its ancient symbiotic embrace with ideology, anything but. "

After that I I told her I thought the pic was angel with LOTZA  titties     ;)  

I am now , thank goodness, being ignored by her .

80f07803624245d3e4744ac5c1eae9c3.jpg

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Essan said:

Just for a moment than I thought you wrote aroused :o

I know what you need to keep in your handbag ! 

Spoiler

Reading-Glasses.jpg

Edited by back to earth
  • Like 1

What...people think they didn't have to carry **** back then? Really? This is a mystery?

• Like 2

Indeed !   peeps developed spears ... all over the place ... I smell Annunaki  !   

27 minutes ago, ChaosRose said:

What...people think they didn't have to carry **** back then? Really? This is a mystery?

Its a mystery that it is some type of mystery, to some . 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, back to earth said:

Indeed !   peeps developed spears ... all over the place ... I smell Annunaki  !   

What do they smell like?