Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Connection

LucidElement

16 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

As both links are irrelevant to the discussion of earliest human (Hss) migration into the Americas your point is what exactly? 

cormac

That extremely early HSS rode Eocene mammals across Beringia to get to the Americas?

Why not? I've always wanted an Eocene tapir for a pet. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, kmt_sesh said:

That extremely early HSS rode Eocene mammals across Beringia to get to the Americas?

As the timeframe hilariously predates even the earliest Australopithecines it's STILL irrelevant to Hss. 

Darwinius masillae    Homo sapiens sapiens, but then crystal sage apparently has to have that pointed out. :lol:

Personally I always wanted my own Smilodon populator. 

cormac

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cormac mac airt said:

As both links are irrelevant to the discussion of earliest human (Hss) migration into the Americas your point is what exactly? 

Cormac

;)  Just found that article on that missing link found in Germany...

May 19, 2009—Meet "Ida," the small "missing link" found in Germany that's created a big media splash and will likely continue to make waves among those who study human origins.

In a new book, documentary, and promotional Web site, paleontologist Jorn Hurum, who led the team that analyzed the 47-million-year-old fossil seen above, suggests Ida is a critical missing-link species in primate evolution (interactive guide to human evolution from National Geographic magazine).

http://donsmaps.com/icemaps.html

The last great ice age began around 120 000 years ago. One massive ice sheet, more than 3 kilometres thick in places, grew in fits and starts until it covered almost all of Canada and stretched down as far as Manhattan. Then, 20 000 years ago, a great thaw began. Over the following 10 000 years, the average global temperature rose by 3.5° C and most of the ice melted. Rising seas swallowed up low-lying areas such as the English Channel and North Sea, forcing our ancestors to abandon many settlements

which is in the wandering  walkable  land line to Russia..to Siberia.. across to North America... 

http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/ciencia/ciencia_iceage.htm

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2630738/How-world-looked-ice-age-The-incredible-map-reveals-just-planet-changed-14-000-years.html 

The unique map shows the world as it would have looked 14,000 years ago, when the ice age was at its harshest. Designers worked with geologists to accurately map the massive landbridges and ice sheets that made the world a very different place.

https://www.bing.com/maps?q=alaska+russia&FORM=HDRSC4

Edited by crystal sage

:)   and this...  http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-29213892 

When the researchers looked at DNA from 2,345 present day people, they found that a third population was needed to capture the genetic complexity of modern Europeans.

This additional "tribe" is the most enigmatic and, surprisingly, is related to Native Americans.

Hints of this group surfaced in an analysis of European genomes two years ago. Dubbed Ancient North Eurasians, this group remained a "ghost population" until 2013, when scientists published the genome of a 24,000-year-old boy buried near Lake Baikal in Siberia.

This individual had genetic similarities to both Europeans and indigenous Americans, suggesting he was part of a population that contributed to movements into the New World 15,000 years ago and Europe at a later date.

The ancient hunter from Luxembourg and the farmer from Germany show no signs of mixture from this population, implying this third ancestor was added to the continental mix after farming was already established in Europe.

http://www.unz.com/gnxp/basal-eurasians-and-pre-out-of-africa-population-structure/

https://hms.harvard.edu/news/new-branch-added-european-family-tree

Edited by crystal sage

8 hours ago, kmt_sesh said:

I'd rather have Eohippus.

A team of two.

Then I could build a tiny chuck wagon and replicate that old dog food commercial.

Harte

• Like 1

crystal sage said: 

Just found that article on that missing link found in Germany...

and this... http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-29213892

When the researchers looked at DNA from 2,345 present day people, they found that a third population was needed to capture the genetic complexity of modern Europeans.

This additional "tribe" is the most enigmatic and, surprisingly, is related to Native Americans.

Hints of this group surfaced in an analysis of European genomes two years ago. Dubbed Ancient North Eurasians, this group remained a "ghost population" until 2013, when scientists published the genome of a 24,000-year-old boy buried near Lake Baikal in Siberia.

This individual had genetic similarities to both Europeans and indigenous Americans, suggesting he was part of a population that contributed to movements into the New World 15,000 years ago and Europe at a later date.

The ancient hunter from Luxembourg and the farmer from Germany show no signs of mixture from this population, implying this third ancestor was added to the continental mix after farming was already established in Europe.

So you intend to remain irrelevant to the discussion at hand, preferring instead to throw enough crap against the wall to see what sticks? At least you're consistent, even if pointless.

cormac

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

crystal sage said: 

So you intend to remain irrelevant to the discussion at hand, preferring instead to throw enough crap against the wall to see what sticks? At least you're consistent, even if pointless.

cormac

Cormac one must relax, and enjoy the irrelevant postings of CS, drink heavily if you wish. They have a point but that point can only be observed from the seventh dimension. I always enjoy her(?) postings for their unique structure and points of view.

Of course CS does tend to repeat certain themes I remember some time ago she or another posted the tunnel stuff.

Edited by Hanslune
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, docyabut2 said:

Topper was wrong, found no real evidence  or datelining  of 30,000 years ago or  60,000.".

Quite so. My phrasing was more a matter of civil professional discourse.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, crystal sage said:

While it is somewhat gratifying to know that you are showing an interest in early primate evolution, one wonders exactly what you are demonstrating/proposing. Your point?

As an aside, you are aware that some of the earliest documented Omomyids and Adapoids have been recovered from contexts in western North America?

• Like 2

I think the original post in this thread was... about exploring the world wide connections  of ancient cultures throughout the world as depicted by the shared veneration.. ( it must have significance for them all to portray these 'Gods'  or beings of significance , all carrying these  same styled handbags.. the styling of which dated back to  over 12,000 years!!! in one nation..  yet they same styled bags..  ( all Kelly shaped?  ;),https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kelly_bag  was this relatively modern designer influenced or was the creativity of the design  recorded somewhere in his DNA ?) duplicated in carved depictions  of importance ?    Some  here  stated that there could be no links as the dates of these depictions were separated by many thousands of years... but then  I showed that there were prehistoric depictions of handbag carrying beings of importance  drawn or carved throughout the world for  over thousands of years... that there must have been some real significance of these hand bags.  There was mention that  there was no linkage to these people but now there is this discovery of this 3rd race  3rd  branch of ancient DNA groupings as evidence of possible connections to link these.. that has only recently been  discovered due to modern technological advancements and the collation of world wide DNA samples that suggest these links originated in European continent / that later spread to the Americas and other parts of the world.   ... So far the only linkages to all these are the handbags.. and the weird chimera  either fish    frog  reptile or bird beings that seemed to be worshiped.. :)  it isn't so far fetched when we realize that we share DNA with birds.. plants.. animals.. reptiles.. 

Edited by crystal sage

12 hours ago, Harte said:

A team of two.

Then I could build a tiny chuck wagon and replicate that old dog food commercial.

Harte

Seems like the dog should cut out the middle man and just eat the teensey wagon and riders.

--Jaylemurph

• Like 1

Seemed like that's what he had in mind, until they disappeared into that cabinet.

Harte

• Like 1

1 hour ago, crystal sage said:

I think the original post in this thread was... about exploring the world wide connections  of ancient cultures throughout the world as depicted by the shared veneration.. ( it must have significance for them all to portray these 'Gods'  or beings of significance , all carrying these  same styled handbags.. the styling of which dated back to  over 12,000 years!!! in one nation..  yet they same styled bags..  ( all Kelly shaped?  ;),https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kelly_bag  was this relatively modern designer influenced or was the creativity of the design  recorded somewhere in his DNA ?) duplicated in carved depictions  of importance ?    Some  here  stated that there could be no links as the dates of these depictions were separated by many thousands of years... but then  I showed that there were prehistoric depictions of handbag carrying beings of importance  drawn or carved throughout the world for  over thousands of years... that there must have been some real significance of these hand bags.  There was mention that  there was no linkage to these people but now there is this discovery of this 3rd race  3rd  branch of ancient DNA groupings as evidence of possible connections to link these.. that has only recently been  discovered due to modern technological advancements and the collation of world wide DNA samples that suggest these links originated in European continent / that later spread to the Americas and other parts of the world.   ... So far the only linkages to all these are the handbags.. and the weird chimera  either fish    frog  reptile or bird beings that seemed to be worshiped.. :)  it isn't so far fetched when we realize that we share DNA with birds.. plants.. animals.. reptiles.. 

The commonality may be based on the high probability that many if not all cultures developed basket weaving and men and women all used them to gather food. The basket came to represent tribute/gathering/gifts, etc, which one did to various gods. Giving tribute to gods was a common factor in most early religion; one can see that in Hinduism and Islam still.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Harte said:

A team of two.

Harte

Anyone here remember watching that on TV and not just YouTube? I do. I'm that old.

Eohippus. That's one of those pre-horse horses, right?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, crystal sage said:

I think the original post in this thread was... about exploring the world wide connections  of ancient cultures throughout the world as depicted by the shared veneration.. ( it must have significance for them all to portray these 'Gods'  or beings of significance , all carrying these  same styled handbags...

I think you might want to reread the OP. You've turned it into a doctoral dissertation. The OP was about the ubiquitousness of the handbags.

11 hours ago, kmt_sesh said:

Anyone here remember watching that on TV and not just YouTube? I do. I'm that old.

Eohippus. That's one of those pre-horse horses, right?

EVO.jpg

Harte

• Like 1

6 hours ago, kmt_sesh said:

How cute, a lap horse!

There was a reason people started with chariots instead of cavalry - it took some time to breed animals large enough to carry people for an extended period.

26 minutes ago, Hanslune said:

There was a reason people started with chariots instead of cavalry - it took some time to breed animals large enough to carry people for an extended period.

Silly. Why didn't they just make the people smaller?

1 hour ago, kmt_sesh said:

Silly. Why didn't they just make the people smaller?

Well they were fairly small - you should know that the average Egyptian peasant was only 3' 2" tall - some people say they were 5 feet something. This is all lies, the AE were all little people - with acne problems.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Hanslune said:

Well they were fairly small - you should know that the average Egyptian peasant was only 3' 2" tall - some people say they were 5 feet something. This is all lies, the AE were all little people - with acne problems.

Wow, a whole race of young adolescents.

1 minute ago, kmt_sesh said:

Wow, a whole race of young adolescents.

Yes and the most common AE epithet meant 'bucky' for obvious reasons. Orthodontist were NOT popular in AE as they used diorite hammer stones as their main tool and limestone braces were really tough to eat with.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Hanslune said:

Yeah, but t least they had developed left and right feet by that time.

Harte

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Harte said:

Yeah, but t least they had developed left and right feet by that time.

Harte

Well yes, there is that but also the development of the solar warming of copper codpieces and the ceremony of the late afternoon sizzle and scream.

• Like 2

Technology for weaving baskets and handbags was given to humans by the Primordial Basset Masters; Boris, Henry, and Tilley (my daughter's three basset hounds are named for them) long ago so that humans might have a way to carry around the Sacred Doggie Treats. They are represented by the three "bas"kets at the top of the Gobekli Tepe column pictured earlier.  The other figures on the columns represent the Celestial Chew Toys played with by the Masters.  They squeek at the 110 Hertz frequency noted on the History Channel.  Also note that the columns are carved in BAS relief; another indication that the Basset Masters gave humans this important technology.

• Like 2