Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Cats ring bell to get food in bizarre video

UM-Bot

:lol: That's funny to watch, clever kitties.

• Like 2

I would also want to do that, being able to just ring a bell and somebody will bring me food.

• Like 1

Classical conditioning. I don't know why, but I feel a bit disgusted by such "funny" experiments. I understand when it's for the sake of science, but conditioning poor stupid animals so aggressively just for fun, it's simply immoral. Modern kitten food is a sort of drug by itself, when combined with aggressive conditioning I don't know what could be the results.

Edited by Chaldon

I did something similar with my last cat: Every time I fed him, I rattled my keys. So whenever he was outside, and I needed him to get inside for some reason, I rattled my keys, and he'd be shooting home like a rocket. 

• Like 3

On 1.4.2017 at 3:01 PM, Chaldon said:

Classical conditioning. I don't know why, but I feel a bit disgusted by such "funny" experiments. I understand when it's for the sake of science, but conditioning poor stupid animals so aggressively just for fun, it's simply immoral. Modern kitten food is a sort of drug by itself, when combined with aggressive conditioning I don't know what could be the results.

Yet, no harm is done. The cats could be enjoying it. 

Edited by FLOMBIE
  • Like 2

I kinda like how the tabby starts ringing the other cats bell instead of his own. Better hide the bells or you'll be hearing them ring at three in the morning.

• Like 1