Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Dutch student flies to the wrong Sydney

Still Waters

A Dutch student learned the hard way that some deals are too good to be true when he landed in Sydney, Canada instead of Sydney, Australia.

Milan Schipper told the CBC that he bought his flight because it was much cheaper than all the other tickets.

Instead of heading straight to the beach, as he had planned, he found himself in near-blizzard conditions with nothing more than a light jacket.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-39459471

• Like 6

Ha ha ha this is hilarious..

• Like 3

As much as I feel bad for the guy, it still made me smile.

• Like 3

How do you not notice that lol.

I'm paranoid and like triple check my tickets 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, grimsituation6 said:

Not really

Yes really

.....    I cannot fathom the depth of clueless-ness that would place you thousands of miles away from your intended destination.  How could anyone NOT know they were going to Canada instead of Australia?  This is ludicrous to the point of being unbelievable.  A hoax if you will.  I'll take this story with a grain of salt and hold out my dying hope for humanity.  

1 hour ago, Totah Dine said:

.....    I cannot fathom the depth of clueless-ness that would place you thousands of miles away from your intended destination.  How could anyone NOT know they were going to Canada instead of Australia?  This is ludicrous to the point of being unbelievable.  A hoax if you will.  I'll take this story with a grain of salt and hold out my dying hope for humanity.  

well, it's april's fool so...

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, jarjarbinks said:

well, it's april's fool so...

And I'm the fool?  lol   

It has happened a few times before.  Some people stick around to see what Nova Scotia is like.  

Just now, glorybebe said:

It has happened a few times before.  Some people stick around to see what Nova Scotia is like.  

I wanna go and chase some Char with a fly ..............

Where I work there are always two flights leaving at the same time and the airport doesnt have jetways like US airports do , just old school air stairs. At least 5 or 6 times in the last year someone has boarded the wrong aircraft. Freaks me right out so im always triple checking LOL 

• Like 1

The normal, or Gaussian, distribution may hold the answer. For the half of the population that is above normal in intelligence, there is a corresponding half that is below normal.

Obviously didn't check his ticket very well.  

I can understand how this can happen.   What I do question is if this was a direct flight.  I doubt it. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Myles said:

Obviously didn't check his ticket very well.  

I can understand how this can happen.   What I do question is if this was a direct flight.  I doubt it. 

It happened multiple times to my luggage. :unsure:

Edited by FLOMBIE
  • Like 2

Well, I hope they liked their short stay in our beautiful province! Too bad it wasn't summer though.

• Like 2

Sometime back in the 1970s my mother at the Brisbane, Australia airport was directed onto a flight, gave her ticket to the person at the gate who waved her on and she boarded the plane.  Her suspicions were aroused by the fact that other passengers were dressed for cool weather, while she was intending to fly north to tropical Rockhampton.  She got off in time.

Some dozen years later, a friend visiting the United Kingdom got on a train in London intending to travel to Cardiff in Wales.  After a few stops she heard her name called on the public address system advising her that she was on the wrong train and the the train to Wales would be along in about a quarter hour.  She said she had no idea of how they knew, but I have always taken her story with a grain of salt. 

• 2 weeks later...

I live In Canada and didn`t even know we had a Sydney, Canada hmmm I might google that.

1 hour ago, The Silver Thong said:

I live In Canada and didn`t even know we had a Sydney, Canada hmmm I might google that.

There is also Sydney, BC

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/1/2017 at 4:40 PM, Herr Falukorv said:

Yes really

I do not remember posting this at all, phantom post... now that's weird.

I didn't know there was another Sydney! I learned something new today. 

Here there's a a Hollywood, Maryland. :3

So he headed 6 hours west and didnt recognized? Yeah, because his SmartPhone had to be off. Thats the SmartPhone generation. They need an app to pee correctly. I tell ya. Game over.

Edited by toast