Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Couple defy odds with third time lottery win

Still Waters

A couple are celebrating winning the lottery for the third time after scooping an $8.1 million (£6.5m) jackpot.

Douglas and Barbara Fink, from Edmonton, Canada, have won prizes twice before, but never of the size of the latest success.

In 1989, Mr Fink shared in a $128,000 (£100,000) win with four friends, and in 2010 the couple won a $100,000 (£80,000) prize.

http://www.itv.com/news/2017-04-06/couple-win-lottery-for-third-time-with-8-1-million-jackpot/

• Like 2

At least they won it with friends, i.e. if the couple alone were seen to be thrice winners....well, many would be staring daggers at them!  I guess they may well be inundated with people wanting to be their friends now!

Lottery winners are counseled into the pitfalls of such wins, e.g. when it can go pear shaped.

I rejoice in knowing that money isn't everything - there is a lot to be said for the freedom of living simply.....

"If you want to know what God thinks of money, just look at the people he gave it to!" Dorothy Parker   color.gif

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Lilly said:

"I've been rich and I've been poor. Rich is better". ~Sophie Tucker~

Yeah I realise most people place a high value on money.....

"We are not rich by what we possess, but by what we can do without" (Immanuel Kant)

Edited by sees

Money is a tool that can be used positively or negatively. Money is the means of exchange in society and there's no way to get around this reality. I value being able to help my children, pay my own bills, live in the manner I choose. To do these things I need money. I don't have to be 'rich' per say but I do need enough money to achieve my personal goals. The demonization of money is unfounded IMO.

• Like 4

Seems to me we may have proof of time travelers (heck even I can created a cosnpiracy)

• Like 3

Lucky them. I can't find their ages anywhere, but they look in their 50's maybe. That's some heavy odds. I can't see how many years they've played this and how many tickets they've bought per draw. I'm sure somebody knows and could do the maths on working out how much they've spent on the draws and then calculate the odds of this happening in that total time period.

I wonder if they'll keep playing?

• Like 1

Stories like this just reinforce my belief that Lotteries are all setup and a precious few in the Kabal get to enrich themselves.

8 hours ago, Kismit said:

Is it wrong, that deep down, I don't think I like these people.

No.  I agree.  There are greedy people out there.  If I won a considerable amount on a lottery, I wouldn't buy anymore and let someone else win.

2 hours ago, glorybebe said:

No.  I agree.  There are greedy people out there.  If I won a considerable amount on a lottery, I wouldn't buy anymore and let someone else win.

For me it's putr jealousy. Well done to them but why couldn't it be me <_<

• Like 1

I know what it is like to be very short of money (very early on when I first got married and had children) but over the years as things improved I realised money isn't the answer to everything.  It buys you choices (and maybe the top of the range versions of whatever you are buying) but you can only sit in one chair, wear one change of clothes, drive one car, etc, at a time, but it doesn't buy you good, healthy relationships; money can't do your exercise for you and so on.  I now appreciate having enough to pay my bills and a bit extra for small treats and luxuries.  I can imagine the stress of having to suddenly handle such huge amounts of money.  So many couples do split after these big wins.  And no, I don't buy lottery tickets.